College Football 2015-16

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
NCAA investigation incoming...

LOOK: Virginia Tech's RB wears a gold watch while playing Ohio State - CBSSports.com

tumblr_nuc24ehzkn1uso5gio1_1280.png

Yes, it's a Rolex
Sadly, that may actually spawn some scrutiny. I foresee people looking into this guy's family to see if it is something in the realm of affordable to them, then you'll see people call that out real quick if it is discovered they cannot (even though he may have saved money to buy it himself). That was not a smart decision to wear it not only for the "what-if" of it breaking, but also for the above.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not a rolex.

I hope Jones enjoys this season, because unfortunately the Redskins will be in the qb market again soon.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Glad I wasn't posting leading up to this game, I would've been telling everyone about how obvious it was that JT Barrett would be starting..but man did I have the biggest shit eating grin on my face when Cardale took the field. Dude is just fun to watch.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
12 Gauge was fucking amazing with the ability to throw the ball to Devin Smith, one of the best deep threats I've ever seen. He's a great redemption/maturity story. The fact that he can, on any given play pancake a linebacker or hurdle a D-back is fun as hell to watch.

The problem is that JT is the better QB at this point in time (and even with more receiving weapons coming back on Saturday, I don't see that changing any time soon).

It's a good thing that both of them (plus Braxton and to a much lesser extent, Torrance Gibson) are all stand up dudes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game basically ended when VT lost their QB. That guy looked like a deer in headlights out there.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
VA Tech can beat anyone in the first half. Look it up. National first half champions.

Then depth comes into play.. holy shit, Ohio State had 3 QBs on the field that were better than any player VT had. That spin move was so smooth that even dudes on the sideline fell over.

And VTs backup, oh god. What are they going to do now, turn into Georgia Tech?

EDIT: And the new helmets looked like groovy bowling balls.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Ah the week 1 polls after everyone beats cupcake U.
It is humorous seeing all these SEC schools gain 1-3 ranks when beating borderline community colleges.

It may be my bitterness of losing, but either Louisville shouldve gained more votes by beating the spread of against a team rated 25 spots better or Auburn shouldve lost some with how close that game was in the end against a low-30 ranked team.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Strong demoted Watson, the OC. Progress! Small baby steps but still progress!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Not that I don't agree with the decision(although it probably should have happened after the end of last season), demoting a coordinator after just 1 game looks pretty bad.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that I don't agree with the decision(although it probably should have happened after the end of last season), demoting a coordinator after just 1 game looks pretty bad.
I agree, it definitely should have happened after the TCU and Arkansas debacles. The word is that Watson called last year's offense in the game, not the new one that was installed in the offseason. What was called was not what was prepared all offseason and the week leading up to the game. Whether it was intentional subordination or he fell back into what he was comfortable with when the pressure was on isn't know. The later is more likely. That is the reason for such a quick demotion.

Nobody will care how it looks if the offense starts producing results. It doesn't have to be great to get Texas into the 8 win range, just solid. Offense was always the biggest concern when Strong was hired because he is so defense focused. Everybody freaked out when Watson was hired and figured this would eventually happen, though the offense being this bad during Watson's reign was unexpected.

Now they just need to bench Swoopes forever, put in Heard and run a running spread offense ala Auburn.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So excited for this weekend. I can't decide if I want to go to the game or watch on my gigantic TV.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
LSU is out 3.2 million for the cancelled game. Then the AD opened his mouth about ticket refunds and confused everyone that they would get the entire ticket price back. The TAF came out and said he's a moron and doesn't speak for us. Well considering the average face value of a ticket is $25 even for tickets that are $2,000 when you add in the TAF fee he really stepped in it.

The he opened his mouth and said the reason it was cancelled just as the weather cleared was because the SEC told him to. The SEC says he's full of shit because it wasn't a SEC game and they have no input in out of conference games.

Nobody likes this guy. I'm still wondering why they hired him. For those that don't know he was the AD at the center of the Duke Lacrosse scandal and got run out of town.

Anyway out $3.2 million after they pay McNeese their share and refunds. I'm sure it will come out of the $10 million "donation" the football programs makes to the university each year for general scholarships.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So excited for this weekend. I can't decide if I want to go to the game or watch on my gigantic TV.
LOL Gil you post this at the beginning of every season since 2002.

<3 you man but dat Denial is strong. Charlie Strong.