College Football 2015-16

Szlia

I know very little about the rules of american football... what's the rule about passing? In that Miami play, it's obvious that, like in rugby, you can only make passes backward. Does that mean you can only pass forward when you are the team on offense? Or is the quarter back the only player allowed to pass forward?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only on offense and only once. The QB can throw it forward, or he can pitch it to another back. If that back is behind the line of scrimmage he can throw it downfield. Once it crosses the line of scrimmage it has to be a backwards pass or a lateral. Always on defense.

The halfback pass, flea flicker etc...

Borzak

Maty Mauk suspended for rest of season at MO after he was just reinstated.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Maty Mauk suspended for rest of season at MO after he was just reinstated.
According to multiple accounts from students on campus, got hammered at a local bar a few nights ago, tried to pick a fight, got kicked out by the bouncers, and drove home drunk.

That was the final straw.

Pretty sure this entire suspension ordeal is about substance/alcohol use. Nothing but wild rumors about the first suspension though, the team has done a great job of keeping the info in-house. Wild rumors all over the place speculating everything from cocaine use, to cocaine distributing, to alcoholism, and other related claims. Who knows.

Mauk will probably be starting for Missouri St next year(FCS). Mizzous old D-coordinator is the coach there, and his parents live in the same town as that school.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Poor guy was probably afraid that this would happen to him at some point.

That was my Sophomore year at Mizzou, was sitting in the student section and I've never heard an entire stadium go "OOOOH" like that before, lol. Corby was an awesome player(for what we were back then). That hit turned the tide of the game for sure, We were actually winning, and dominating up until that point. Pretty sure Ohio State was ranked in the top 10, maybe top 5 at that point. Missouri was coming off of a 3 or 4 win season, this game was one of the first couple of the season, it was in September if I remember right.

1997 Was our first winning season + bowl game in 14 years. The program was complete trash back then, it was tough to watch. Pinkel has won more games in the past 10 years, than in the 18 years preceding him. A lot of fans are overreacting and calling for his head this season, but they're dumb as hell. If this season repeats for a few years in a row, then sure, but everyone has 1 bad year once in a while.

Borzak

Found this funny.

hiredfired.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So glad we got rid of Muschump.
You should be, he was a terrible head coach. I still think he's a great coordinator though. This season has had a ton of issues from injuries to execution problems. But he's calling the right plays and putting people in position to make them. But then you get idiots trying to reverse suplex running backs or just arm tackling. I'm much more worried about Malzahn on offense than Muschamp on D.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not one post on the initial playoff selection? I'll assume just like mine everyone's eyes rolled outta their head when they saw Alabama in the top 4.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not one post on the initial playoff selection? I'll assume just like mine everyone's eyes rolled outta their head when they saw Alabama in the top 4.
The only score that matters is the score at the end of the game. The only poll that matters is the poll at the end of the season.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only poll that matters is the poll at the end of the season.
Of course. Still fun to make fun of quotes like, Long: "Baylor and TCU's explosive offenses gave them the edge over Iowa despite Iowa having more quality Ws."

That's just astoundingly stupid.

Borzak

Extra patrols put on Mike the Tiger now that Harvey Updyke has seen it. Hide your women, kids, tigers and trees. Best part is when he was put on probation and basically found mentally incompetant he moved in with family, about 40 minutes from Baton Rouge.

Fw5sDwG.jpg

Harvey Updyke on Twitter: