College Football 2016-2017 Season

Delly

Trakanon Raider
As much as I wanted to go undefeated this hurts tOSU way more. Even if they beat Michigan they don't go to the B1G championship game and if Wisconsin wins it then they will no doubt be in the playoff. Most likely 2 Big Ten teams won't be in the top 4 so RIP OSU's chances, which makes me happy.

Suck it OSU!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Missouri won, despite having the worst kicker in the history of kicking

0/2 FG, 1/3 XP(none blocked, he just flat out missed), and we also fumbled on the 1 yard line. We left a good 15 points on the field due to errors yet somehow still beat Vanderbilt. Kid was the #3 kicker in the nation coming out of HS last year. What a turd.

Shenanigans Saturday for certain

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
As much as I wanted to go undefeated this hurts tOSU way more. Even if they beat Michigan they don't go to the B1G championship game and if Wisconsin wins it then they will no doubt be in the playoff. Most likely 2 Big Ten teams won't be in the top 4 so RIP OSU's chances, which makes me happy.

Suck it OSU!

Obviously, this isn't the best thing for Ohio State, but if there's ever been a year where there's a good chance it won't matter, it's this year.

I can't see how a Big 12 or Pac 12 team gets in, so odds are pretty good that either the Big 10 or ACC gets two teams.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Obviously, this isn't the best thing for Ohio State, but if there's ever been a year where there's a good chance it won't matter, it's this year.

I can't see how a Big 12 or Pac 12 team gets in, so odds are pretty good that either the Big 10 or ACC gets two teams.

This is true. Basically just stating OSU doesn't control their own fate anymore and Michigan still does.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Somehow this all ends with Alabama getting in the playoff twice.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
You think Clemson will only drop two spots after losing to Pitt?

If the committee follows their logic that they did with A&M last week, then yes. They have numerous wins over top 25 teams, arguably one of the hardest, if not the hardest SOS out of the top teams. So a 2-3 drop isn't out of the realm of possibilities especially with the bullshit that occurred with A&M last week.

The 4-spot loss that A&M had last week with their loss to an unranked set the precedent. However, the committee seems absolutely clueless so who knows what will occur.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the selection committee's biggest mistake is to allow themselves to be dragged into the money making business surrounding weekly rankings.

They should refuse to participate and let ESPN do a 30-60 minute speculation show each week.

The final rankings, thus far, have been fair.

The rankings before that, by and large, have been awful, precisely because they have been inconsistent.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the idea that conference winners + 2 or whatever it was proposed here. It would remove a lot of the bullshit, but Division II/FBS has had the best model for years now. Much larger playoff where the better teams host games earlier on their home field.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
if Clemson or Michigan aren't 4th with one loss id be surprised i don't see them putting a 2 loss team like Wisconsin or Texas A&M above them

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am sooo excited that there is now a slim chance that more top 10 teams lose, OU goes undefeated and wins the Big XII, sneaks into the playoffs, and gets thrashed by 40 point again. Bob and Mike Stoops get raises because we made the playoffs AGAIN!

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I am sooo excited that there is now a slim chance that more top 10 teams lose, OU goes undefeated and wins the Big XII, sneaks into the playoffs, and gets thrashed by 40 point again. Bob and Mike Stoops get raises because we made the playoffs AGAIN!
You'd need Ohio State to lose for this one to happen.

Oh nevermind. I missed the part about more top 10 teams losing.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did you guys see this?

FIU TE Jonnu Smith Out for Rest of Season After Pregnant Girlfriend Poured Boiling Water on Him

Jonnu Smith, a senior tight end at Florida International University, is done for the season after his girlfriend hit him with boiling water. According to the Miami Herald "Smith suffered severe burns on his head, neck, back, a shoulder and an arm. His girlfriend, Mary Gaspar, is 5-months pregnant with his child, and was charged with aggravated battery.

Via the Miami Herald:

The two argued through the day over the attention Smith was paying her and their relationship. While in Smith's dorm room and "feeling extremely emotional and stressed," she told police, she boiled a pot of water. Then, she walked over to Smith and poured it on him.

When Smith didn't react strongly enough for her, she started hitting him with her open hands, she told police.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
*BARF*

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This year just feels strange. Outside of the Big 10, and to some extent the ACC, none of the conferences are deep enough to handle these late season upsets. Things just get really dicey once you get into 2 loss territory, and I think that happens this year.

The Big XII is really just out. None of the teams are all that good, when their lone claim to fame really is a 2 loss OU team that got beat by what ended up being a middling Houston, and the doors blown off by a great OSU team. I know WVA is still there, but no one seems to like their resume, and they still have some of the tougher Big XII games ahead too.

The ACC has Louisville, but due to how they are aligned, they can't even win their division, let alone a championship.

The SEC has Alabama, who is on a completely different plane of existence, but the rest of the conference... kind of sucks actually. Auburn was looking pretty good but then shit the bed against Georgia, A&M was fine until they dropped two games to a couple shitty Mississippi teams. LSU's horrible opening knocked them out of contention before SEC play even began (but kudos to O turning around a team mid season AGAIN). And, LOL @ the east.

The Big 10 seems to have depth, that looks great on paper, but again, all of the great is mostly on the East side of things. Wisconsin is a great team, but has 2 losses. But Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn St. are looking pretty solid, but only one can go to the championship game.

The Pac 12 is staring at the same boat as the Big XII, but at least it had Washington. Until they got completely shut down by USC who is out because they took a few losses to find their groove. So, they are in real trouble of being shut out again if WU doesn't win out. To do so they have to play a Washington state team that is playing lights out, but only after dropping their first two games. Colorado, USC and Utah already have two losses, so the south looks even dicier.

Bottom line, the whole "winning your conference means something" to the committee will be put to the test, because the possibility of two Power 5 champs having 2 losses (or more) is very real. Will they choose a 2 loss Pac 12 champ over a 1 loss non divisional winner like OSU or Louisville? This would have been a great year for the group of 5 to sneak in, that is for sure.

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We need to condense to 4 power conferences. Winner of each conferences goes to the playoffs giving us, in effect, an 8 team playoff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
We need to condense to 4 power conferences. Winner of each conferences goes to the playoffs giving us, in effect, an 8 team playoff.

The center of the country should combine and finally put to rest which "Big" conference is the biggest. Big 12 and Big 10 combine into the Big 22. Of course, it would have 24 members, keeping at least one tradition alive and well!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users