College Football 2017-2018 Season

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well the Conference Championship games are over, which means all the actual meaningful games in college football are done and over with. See you bros next year!

Sic 'em Bears!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think we are at the point where they should mandate that anyone in the CFP must be a conference champion. I don't care if your conference is stacked and three of the top four teams in the nation reside there; win your fucking conference or you don't deserve a shot at the natty.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think we are at the point where they should mandate that anyone in the CFP must be a conference champion. I don't care if your conference is stacked and three of the top four teams in the nation reside there; win your fucking conference or you don't deserve a shot at the natty.

No.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Best teams vs conference winners is like Democrat vs Republican. There is no bridge between the two opinions nowadays.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best teams vs conference winners is like Democrat vs Republican. There is no bridge between the two opinions nowadays.

Best teams is fairly arbitrary. Alabama is good because we say they are. Conference winners is pretty cut and dry.

Is Alabama better than Ohio State? Yes. Are they more deserving of a spot than Ohio State? Probably. It depends on how much you value conference championships vs blowout losses. Making the playoff champions only removes all argument. It's like when Notre Dame went to the BCS Championship game. They won all their games, so they got to go, even though a more 'deserving' team got left out. Pick your poison.

An 8 team system is best of both worlds. Hard and fast champions rule, plus all the arguing over the last few spots!

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, 8 teams solves most of the issues. Even 6 does (give 2 teams byes).

You cant put too much weight into conference champs because they dont even always go (5 confs, 4 slots . . .). Or a 9-3 team that barely beat a 11-1 team wins a conference. Or hell, 8-4 can be a conference champ over a 11-1 team (3 out of conference games).

So you have to take the team at its low (bama losing to Aub by X vs OSU losing to Iowa by X) to see the floor, and the wins to set the ceiling, then find where they normally function with in those ranges.

I think the best 4 teams is the ideal way to do it, until we improve the way. I'd prefer using BCS values, but whatever, the first few years we got that anyway. Havent seen a comparison to the past year or 2 tho.

Either way, still fucking shocked Alabama got in. Fucking Wisconsin let us all down imo.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's the only sport where the regular season truly matters? What?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's the only sport where the regular season truly matters? What?
Always thought the saying went "The only sport where every regular season game matters", but even there are almost always meaningful games down the stretch for most sports almost every year so it's kind of dumb. It all derives from back when it was just polling, national champs were almost always undefeated.

• 1Cutler

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Campingworld.com bowl only bowl that matters so should be an ez setup

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hate the popularity contest that college football is. Yes, the CFP is great step towards not being one, but it's obvious the thing still needs some work. Now, here's the thing. The best thing about College football is it's the only sport where the regular season really truly matters. This is why having an 8 team playoff would be a joke to me. The conference championship games are the defacto first round, and in my opinion they need to tweak the system to make that even more solidified, not delude the regular season even more by including teams that were in essence eliminated weeks ago.

How does the regular season matter in college football when they conferences do not even play all of the teams in the conference. How can you say who is worst or best with the divisions when one of the power 5 is automatically excluded and Champions are not guaranteed to be in? The whole system is garbage and I don't understand why people like it. There is a lot of SEC is best assumption here.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Big XII is the most accurate conference because each team plays everyone and then the best two meet again. SEC is least accurate because they allow FCS teams AND only play 8 conference games. It is known.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Big XII is the most accurate conference because each team plays everyone and then the best two meet again. SEC is least accurate because they allow FCS teams AND only play 8 conference games. It is known.
Yes exactly. Take Alabama out of the SEC and is anyone sucking that conferences dick like they are the best every year? Fuck no.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Darkest timeline! Hoping Clemson just absolutely crushes Alabama. I think the Georgia/Oklahoma game is going to be great, and the possibility of Baker Mayfield creating the best memes is always there.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Chanur Chanur could say the same with OU Big whatever, and OSU and big whatever, hell even to an extent with Pac whatever and USC. There are always going to be marque teams.

And something has happened, the SEC used to have a decent amount of parity, but it has evaporated. Some ppl say because other conferences are recruiting better, some say coaching has more parity now, etc etc. I just know it happened.

I blame Ole Miss.

I picked OU to win it all today. Hoping for UGA / Bama title game, but likely to be OU winning it all imo. Bama has a dogshit QB, and weaker than usual defense. UGA I dunno shit about, but they barely beat ND, lost to AUB, etc. Clemson I just find it hard to believe can pull out another one. OU has always had an ok defense, and they ahve a great QB.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Hoping for UGA / Bama title game

giphy.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Chanur Chanur could say the same with OU Big whatever, and OSU and big whatever, hell even to an extent with Pac whatever and USC. There are always going to be marque teams.

And something has happened, the SEC used to have a decent amount of parity, but it has evaporated. Some ppl say because other conferences are recruiting better, some say coaching has more parity now, etc etc. I just know it happened.

I blame Ole Miss.

I picked OU to win it all today. Hoping for UGA / Bama title game, but likely to be OU winning it all imo. Bama has a dogshit QB, and weaker than usual defense. UGA I dunno shit about, but they barely beat ND, lost to AUB, etc. Clemson I just find it hard to believe can pull out another one. OU has always had an ok defense, and they ahve a great QB.

Sure you can say that but the difference is I want to expand the playoffs and let the best teams from the conferences do the talking. The current set up wants to continue the favortism and prejudices. Parity would be conferences going something like 6-6 and the fact the best teams are always double digit wins tells you all there is to know. 1-2 good teams and a conference full of Cleavland Browns.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It wasnt always like that, in the 90s and early 2000s it was a great league.

I'm an SEC fan Zzen Zzen . Or I used to be when I watched football, now I check scores etc, but I havent watched a full game in 4 years? Maybe 2 or 3. Dunno, its been a while. I watched most of the national title game last year.

I just root for the SEC (Except Ole Miss, TENN, and UoA, those schools can burn, and all the alum could die and it be like election day last year for me [I dont even count MIZZ / A&M as SEC])

• 1Picard