College Football 2017-2018 Season

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chanur Chanur could say the same with OU Big whatever, and OSU and big whatever, hell even to an extent with Pac whatever and USC. There are always going to be marque teams.

And something has happened, the SEC used to have a decent amount of parity, but it has evaporated. Some ppl say because other conferences are recruiting better, some say coaching has more parity now, etc etc. I just know it happened.

I blame Ole Miss.

I picked OU to win it all today. Hoping for UGA / Bama title game, but likely to be OU winning it all imo. Bama has a dogshit QB, and weaker than usual defense. UGA I dunno shit about, but they barely beat ND, lost to AUB, etc. Clemson I just find it hard to believe can pull out another one. OU has always had an ok defense, and they ahve a great QB.

It's almost like other conferences hired good coaches, while the rest of the SEC hired Saban assistants and Will Muschamp, twice!

• 3Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think a 6 team system can work. The shitstaine that is the pro bowl before the Super Bowl would need to go away.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
6 teams with top two getting a bye would be neat.

I thought OU always fielded an above average defense (for their conference)?

It's no 2011 Bama defense... but usually serviceable. With talent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does the regular season matter in college football when they conferences do not even play all of the teams in the conference. How can you say who is worst or best with the divisions when one of the power 5 is automatically excluded and Champions are not guaranteed to be in? The whole system is garbage and I don't understand why people like it. There is a lot of SEC is best assumption here.

At this point in time, I can't, and that's why it still sucks. I hate the 4 team format for that reason alone. It's why I want it to be expanded to 5 teams. (4 and 5 play in at 4's home the week after championship week). At least in the first couple of years, they picked just conference champs, leaving out the weakest conference. Wasn't ideal, but at least it was palatable. But starting with OSU last year, which was at least a little easier to stomach due to them simply replacing their own conferences champions, but still sucked, they set a bad precedent. Now they took it even further to bullshit-ville, and popped a team in, who failed to even win their division in place of two conference champions. We are almost back to BCS levels of bullshit where we were forced to watch a (boring as fuck to boot) rematch of two teams who already played each other.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They think the public is clamoring for Clemson vs Alabama round 3.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
At this point in time, I can't, and that's why it still sucks. I hate the 4 team format for that reason alone. It's why I want it to be expanded to 5 teams. (4 and 5 play in at 4's home the week after championship week). At least in the first couple of years, they picked just conference champs, leaving out the weakest conference. Wasn't ideal, but at least it was palatable. But starting with OSU last year, which was at least a little easier to stomach due to them simply replacing their own conferences champions, but still sucked, they set a bad precedent. Now they took it even further to bullshit-ville, and popped a team in, who failed to even win their division in place of two conference champions. We are almost back to BCS levels of bullshit where we were forced to watch a (boring as fuck to boot) rematch of two teams who already played each other.

Just a friendly reminder, the BCS was a fantastic way to figure out the best teams until they started caving to fan and conference pressure to weigh the human polls more favorably than the computer polls. The human polls, especially the horrendous coaches poll, have always been the biggest pile of horseshit in college football and are the reason you see Alabama in the playoffs this year despite looking above average and having no great wins.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a friendly reminder, the BCS was a fantastic way to figure out the best teams until they started caving to fan and conference pressure to weigh the human polls more favorably than the computer polls. The human polls, especially the horrendous coaches poll, have always been the biggest pile of horseshit in college football and are the reason you see Alabama in the playoffs this year despite looking above average and having no great wins.

I look at the BCS as simply better than what was before, but yeah you are right. It wasn't total bullshit until later on, and no I will never get over the LSU v Bama game... ever. I know Oklahoma State shit the bed late to cause that to happen, but I will always believe that had LSU or Bama faced an actual offense, they'd have had problems. Personally that's why I'm personally just a fan of just conference champs. Even the computers weren't completely flawless as they were still based off of subjective logic for their foundation, but still much better than human opinion. I had thought since the committee was comprised of people from every conference, that they would never allow 1 conference to fill half the slots... I guess I was wrong.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
and no I will never get over the LSU v Bama game... ever.

Me either man, that is the greatest game of college football that will ever be played.

It's all downhill from there.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Me either man, that is the greatest game of college football that will ever be played.

It's all downhill from there.

Yeah 15 total points scored in the modern era between two teams who had no idea what offense actually was, is the epitome of excitement... and then a 21-0 shutout in a bullshit rematch. I have seen paint drying that was more exciting to watch.

• 2Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They need 8. Power 5, the little shit school that goes undefeated, and two at larges. Go to a 10 game schedule, conference game, and playoffs and it fits with what's going on now. No need for Bama and everyone else to fund schools like Mercer with scrimmages during the real season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need 8. Power 5, the little shit school that goes undefeated, and two at larges. Go to a 10 game schedule, conference game, and playoffs and it fits with what's going on now. No need for Bama and everyone else to fund schools like Mercer with scrimmages during the real season.

Well I'm ok with the scrimmages... at the very beginning of the season as a de facto pre season warm up. This shit of playing a FCS school in November is complete crap. But those games really do help the small schools fund their Athletic Departments. And I love your idea of a 10 game season. 8 conference games, 2 ooc games. IF they did that your way would totally work.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm ok with the scrimmages... at the very beginning of the season as a de facto pre season warm up. This shit of playing a FCS school in November is complete crap. But those games really do help the small schools fund their Athletic Departments. And I love your idea of a 10 game season. 8 conference games, 2 ooc games. IF they did that your way would totally work.

I don't really mind the scrimmages and I know the small schools need all the help they can get. I've seen a lot of arguments about long seasons, too many games, abused players, etc and just want to knock that whole argument out early. 10 games, 14 max to win it all. Nothing above what is done today. Get on it Division I

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Willie Taggart. Can't say I blame him for leaving but sure as shit leaves us pretty fucked. Imagine he will steal all of our recruits and coaches that were under him.

Wow, that Army-Navy game was actually really fun to watch. I usually pass on even tuning into those, but once I saw the heavy snow coming down I said, hmm, let's see here....

Glad I caught this one!

Sterling

El Presidente
Wow, that Army-Navy game was actually really fun to watch. I usually pass on even tuning into those, but once I saw the heavy snow coming down I said, hmm, let's see here....

Glad I caught this one!
Service games are usually pretty sweet. With how things work, it's unlikely they'll get another top tier QB so they usually just run the ball 50 times a game, but it's still pretty cool.

• 1Cutler

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I felt really bad for the navy kicker. If they had only one false start before his attempt he makes that. So hard to kick a 48 yarder in those conditions for any player, let alone a college kid.