College Football 2019 - 2020 Season

Fadaar

That guy
UConn is such a sad football team. What we do to them every year should be illegal.

Clemson should plummet in the polls this week. If we were being honest, Clemson hasn't looked like the 8th best team on Saturdays much less #1. Hell, Miami almost did as well against UNC and they've been a shitshow all year. App State gave UNC more problems. UNC marched down the field as a 2-2 team and almost embarrassed the supposed #1. I'm ready for a OSU, OU, Bama, LSU/GA/Auburn, etc playoff. Let Clemson handle a lesser foe like a PAC-12 team. Just pick a random one since they all suck.

I'd go Alabama 1, Oklahoma 2, Auburn 3, Wisconsin 4 right now.

- Bama hasn't played anybody yet but we all know they're good enough to be #1. Their schedule this year is super light, no real test until game #9 against LSU.
- Same with Oklahoma but they look to have not missed a beat since losing Murray to the draft, Hurts picked up right where Murray left off. Texas game in 2 weeks will be their season.
- Auburn the only top team with a win against two ranked opponents, even if A&M isn't as good as originally thought. Could have easily put LSU in this spot, I only went with Auburn because of ranked wins.
- Wisconsin just looks scary. 29 points allowed in 4 games. Michigan is horribly overrated but they still embarrassed the shit out of them.

"Close but not quite": LSU, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson

- SEC schedule will sort it out between Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Georgia. Would be an interesting twist to see Auburn/LSU vs Florida this year instead of another Georgia/Alabama rematch.
- Ohio State hasn't played anyone worth a shit yet, Mich St and Wisconsin in the next few weeks will determine whether or not they end up top 4.
- Clemson, as others have pointed out, just doesn't look like a top 4 team. They should have zero problem running the table in a very soft ACC. Their only ranked win for the year might end up being a Texas A&M team that ends the year unranked. This is assuming Virginia doesn't keep up the way they have.

Honestly you could put 4 SEC teams (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU) in the top 4 and probably be correct but I wanted some of that sweet sweet diversity except the ACC and Pac 12 are trash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Alabama took #1 in poll. LSU dropped a spot after an open week. Ohio state taking their place. Clemson dropped a whole spot.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clemson should have dropped much more than 1 spot. They haven’t looked good all year and were a single play from losing to a bad UNC team.

Borzak

Florida game at LSU announced for 7pm kickoff. Someone invited me to their tailgate. Gonna have to pass but at least they're finally getting the early 11am games out of the way this weekend.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Florida game at LSU announced for 7pm kickoff. Someone invited me to their tailgate. Gonna have to pass but at least they're finally getting the early 11am games out of the way this weekend.

With any luck we’ll knock off Florida this weekend, grab the off week and then take care of Arkansas. It was frustrating to me they hadn’t announced the Auburn v Arkansas game time yet but didn’t account for the off week in between. Gotta make travel plans.

Going in to LSU with a potential #5 v #6 matchup would be hype as hell. For the longest time that was by far a more enjoyable game than the Iron Bowl. Either when Bama was just terrible for years in a row, or Auburn was. We had like 7 years straight of quality Auburn LSU games.

Borzak

Auburn still owes LSU for having to returf and repaint the eye from the Tommy Tubberville days and Auburn tore it up after the game. I will say I was kind of shocked in the dollar amount they quoted on how much it cost. Government work I guess.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Think we diverted those funds to pay for Cam Newton and the refs for each of our games. From what all the Arkansas fans tell me at least.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Auburn still owes LSU for having to returf and repaint the eye from the Tommy Tubberville days and Auburn tore it up after the game. I will say I was kind of shocked in the dollar amount they quoted on how much it cost. Government work I guess.

The State of Louisiana needed to redo their Capitol steps so they brought in three contractors. One from New Orleans, one from Baton Rouge, and one from Shreveport. The contractor from Shreveport said he could do it for $5,000. The contractor from New Orleans said he could do it for $7,500. The contractor from Baton Rouge said he could do it for $15,000. When asked why his bid was so high, he said its 5000 for you, 5000 for me, and then we hire the guy from Shreveport to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I think it was 50 to repaint the eye. Big talk today is college athletes may get to make some money from endorsements.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Michigan got shit done today, good for them. That was a defensive slug-fest. No offence whatsoever. When Michigan plays a team with a prolific offense, they'll be in trouble.

Florida is beating Auburn. This is awesome. Not because I love Florida, I don't, I hate them. But Auburn is not a top ten team, and Florida is going to get their shit pushed by LSU next week, so this week won't matter.

It will be interesting to see how much Michigan State gets beat up by Ohio State.

Notre Dame scoring touchdowns now with their second string in all around. They not only ran the ball, but threw it, too. They're looking fine today.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just pitiful. Bo Nix decided today was the day to be a true freshman and make every bad decision imaginable. Exactly what I though would happen in the secondary came true. Just a pitiful pitiful effort.