College Football 2019 - 2020 Season

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My degrees mean more to me because my school recruits fast and strong idiots to play with balls.

The violence, drugs, rapes, and directing focus away from education is worth it because I don't have any real meaning in my life and use this as a buoy for my self image.

Go team, score points!

Whoa there edgelord.

In what world does anyone equate the degree they earned from their college with the quality of athletics?

I like sports and have a rooting interest in my chosen college, but I don't put "OU iz good at several sport games" on my resume.

LiquidDeath

Why?

It's just shallow prestige at the expense of education.

Because I chose my college and then got into the sports teams? Because we're built to be tribal and this was my tribe? Talking to you and Titan_Atlas is so exhausting.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Because I chose my college and then got into the sports teams? Because we're built to be tribal and this was my tribe? Talking to you and Titan_Atlas is so exhausting.

What does how fast "random black guy from Louisiana" is have to do with you're relationship to your Alma mater?

It's shallow prestige.

Claiming it's you're tribe is delusional. Most of those guys wouldn't give a fuck about you, ever. And the extent of fucks your give about them goes only as far as a scoreboard.

It's pathetic.

At least be honest. You want to recruit whatever scum is required at whatever expense to the quality of your school solely so a few months a year you can pretend to share in their accomplishments playing with balls.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

What does how fast "random black guy from Louisiana" is have to do with you're relationship to your Alma mater?

It's shallow prestige.

Claiming it's you're tribe is delusional. Most of those guys wouldn't give a fuck about you, ever. And the extent of fucks your give about them goes only as far as a scoreboard.

It's pathetic.

At least be honest. You want to recruit whatever scum is required at whatever expense to the quality of your school solely so a few months a year you can pretend to share in their accomplishments playing with balls.

The college is my tribe, so people associated with it are as well. College choice is now a commonality random black guy from Louisiana and I share. There is literally nothing else that connects us, but that is more than what connects me to 99.99999% of people on this planet. Hence, there is a form of tribe. Of fucking course I don't give a shit about most of them and most of them could give a shit about me, but in situations where it arises then the commonality is something to grab on to.

20 years ago I cared if the football team was good, but these days I could care less. I have readily accepted that college sports is a sham and should be done away with, but even if that happens it does not diminish the commonality I share with people who attended my college.

How about you be the one that gets honest with themselves and admit your just trying to be a woke asshole.

Also, the irony of an unabashed Alabama football fan posting this is so fucking pure you could mainline it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I have readily accepted that college sports is a sham and should be done away with

Now all you need to do is live what you believe. Quit giving them money, going to games, talking about it, etc.

Or you can remain full of shit and stay involved so they keep getting clicks / money and have no reason to rip this cancer out of upper education.

I'm still kinda full of shit, I think I ingested about 30 minutes of NCAA football last year. So I understand the addiction. About a hour the year before, a few years ago I actually watched the whole title game.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of woke... Such a great tribe you have.

"The University of Oklahoma is the only institution of higher learning in Oklahoma that offers a degree in Women's and Gender Studies. The Women's and Gender Studies Program is an interdisciplinary program that seeks to enhance students' knowledge of gender roles and relations across cultures and history."

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If this is your honest take you have no business even visiting the Sports section. You don't see me shitting up the Politics thread worse than it already is do you?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Now all you need to do is live what you believe. Quit giving them money, going to games, talking about it, etc.

Or you can remain full of shit and stay involved so they keep getting clicks / money and have no reason to rip this cancer out of upper education.

I'm still kinda full of shit, I think I ingested about 30 minutes of NCAA football last year. So I understand the addiction. About a hour the year before, a few years ago I actually watched the whole title game.

I always had a blast getting together with friends in college and attending the games. It was a great social venue. Also it’s a great alumni connection tools for the university to keep alumni engagement up.

Factually speaking the college football program was a draw for me to choose to attend there. I won’t say where I went but I came out top 3 in my class in engineering ans chose it Over other schools because of the life / academics mixture. It was an ACC school so it’s not like it is Alabama or something.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
so it’s not like it is Alabama or something.

source.gif

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I always had a blast getting together with friends in college and attending the games. It was a great social venue. Also it’s a great alumni connection tools for the university to keep alumni engagement up.

Factually speaking the college football program was a draw for me to choose to attend there. I won’t say where I went but I came out top 3 in my class in engineering ans chose it Over other schools because of the life / academics mixture. It was an ACC school so it’s not like it is Alabama or something.

Yeah, I think most of us went to college.

Kudos on the top 3 man, that's awesome.

But college athletics is a fucking cancer.

It needs to die, and people are so vacuous in life they can't let sports ball go because it's too much of their identity and self worth. It's depressing to see this shit play out in grown men (college, professional, basketball, football, etc)

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I guess I just don’t understand the hatred.

It’s probably way more up and up then spending time on this shithole forum

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I dunno attended a lot of LSU games thru the years, tailgated a lot, had suite with the business for a while. Never once attended school there. Good times and good business. Last I looked a few years ago LSU football was independant of tuition and self suffecient from their fees and such. They cut a check to the university for scholarships of about $10 million each year. That may have changed in the last few years. All comes with tradeoffs of course. LSU doesn't own a large part of Tiger Stadium.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I dunno attended a lot of LSU games thru the years, tailgated a lot, had suite with the business for a while. Never once attended school there. Good times and good business. Last I looked a few years ago LSU football was independant of tuition and self suffecient from their fees and such. They cut a check to the university for scholarships of about $10 million each year. That may have changed in the last few years. All comes with tradeoffs of course. LSU doesn't own a large part of Tiger Stadium.

Yeah these types of things are great for sales/business activities. We do all kinds of stuff, movie events, brewery events, etc etc.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Please make a separate thread for this. This is purely a sports college football thread. all other political things can be deferred to a different thread.
Its great because of herd mentality. People think its great, they never really sit and think about it. There are allures . . . most ppl have some sport they played, or having a "team" is so ingrained in us its natural, or it gives camaraderie, etc.

The hatred is that it was, essentially, the tip of the spear for most of the problems (the bloat of admissions, the lowering of standards, the liberalization of higher education to such an extreme degree) we have in colleges / universities. And led to a host of problems.

Not to mention the real human cost in crime / violence, or the opportunity cost in diverting the attention / funds from the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF HIGHER EDUCATION.

Its a fucking disease, Its pumping contagions into the country. The entire university system needs to get defunded and allowed to die.

If this is your honest take you have no business even visiting the Sports section. You don't see me shitting up the Politics thread worse than it already is do you?

This is the place to talk about the cancer that is college football . . . just because I'm not "YAY TEAM SCORE POINTS, OUR SHIT STUDENTS / AMATEUR ATHLETES ARE BETTER THAN YOURS" has nothing to do with talking about NCAAF.

But if that is the extent of critical thinking, and education you received at your shit "GO TEAM SPORT BALL" school, feel free to ignore me.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Its great because of herd mentality. People think its great, they never really sit and think about it. There are allures . . . most ppl have some sport they played, or having a "team" is so ingrained in us its natural, or it gives camaraderie, etc.

The hatred is that it was, essentially, the tip of the spear for most of the problems (the bloat of admissions, the lowering of standards, the liberalization of higher education to such an extreme degree) we have in colleges / universities. And led to a host of problems.

Not to mention the real human cost in crime / violence, or the opportunity cost in diverting the attention / funds from the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF HIGHER EDUCATION.

Its a fucking disease, Its pumping contagions into the country. The entire university system needs to get defunded and allowed to die.

This is the place to talk about the cancer that is college football . . . just because I'm not "YAY TEAM SCORE POINTS, OUR SHIT STUDENTS / AMATEUR ATHLETES ARE BETTER THAN YOURS" has nothing to do with talking about NCAAF.

But if that is the extent of critical thinking, and education you received at your shit "GO TEAM SPORT BALL" school, feel free to ignore me.

So you want to replace tribal allegiance to athletic teams with tribal allegiance to race. Good call there.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can we just talk about football?

That dumb motherfucker has clearly stated that THIS is the thread to talk about all things college football. It's not like he couldn't tag us in one of the 10 other goddamn threads about those subjects; nope, he has to shit up the sports subforum because he is either a world class autist or an extreme narcissist.

FUCK YOU LachiusTZ LachiusTZ , leave us the fuck alone in this thread.