College Football 2021-2022, quest for the Delta MU Championship

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
LSU got a coach that played at ND before, did not work out well would be putting it very nice.
Yeah this is weird move, as Brian Kelly just feels wrong for LSU in about 10 different ways to me. I think he's a good x's and o's guy, but the culture is about as far removed from South Bend as you can get... the $$ though, is pretty hard to say no to and I think he could do well down there if he buys into the peculiar culture of the university.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yeah this is weird move, as Brian Kelly just feels wrong for LSU in about 10 different ways to me. I think he's a good x's and o's guy, but the culture is about as far removed from South Bend as you can get... the $$ though, is pretty hard to say no to and I think he could do well down there if he buys into the peculiar culture of the university.

Easier to get away with killing students in LA. Those swamp gators will clean up all his messes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brian Kelly has always been one of the scummiest guys in CFB, so makes perfect sense

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Brian Kelly has always been one of the scummiest guys in CFB, so makes perfect sense

1638297992171.png

1638298073315.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm

A few days of processing this and now seeing the sweet deal he's getting, I can't really blame Lincoln anymore. Of course nothing official, but man seems like a lot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

A few days of processing this and now seeing the sweet deal he's getting, I can't really blame Lincoln anymore. Of course nothing official, but man seems like a lot.
If true, contract terms like that aren't negotiated over night after he loses to OSU. Riley was leaving OU for multiple weeks prior to the announcement.

LiquidDeath

I'd take that list with a grain of salt since former OU WR Ryan Broiles is a big real estate agent in Norman and has already said the listing agent for both the houses has had no contact with either the Riley family or any USC intermediaries concerning either houses. Additionally, this same "insider" also claimed Brent V was being announced as the HC yesterday at 3:00 pm and we all know how that panned out.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'd take that list with a grain of salt since former OU WR Ryan Broiles is a big real estate agent in Norman and has already said the listing agent for both the houses has had no contact with either the Riley family or any USC intermediaries concerning either houses.
All that means is the listing agent isn't part of the sale negotiations since they haven't even talked TO THE SELLER.... Obviously Mr Broiles chose his words very carefully. Like when a player "hasn't demanded a trade"....

LiquidDeath

All that means is the listing agent isn't part of the sale negotiations since they haven't even talked TO THE SELLER.... Obviously Mr Broiles chose his words very carefully. Like when a player "hasn't demanded a trade"....

I doubt we'll ever know since USC is a private university, but one thing that is incredibly obvious is that there is no way he was given an offer on Saturday and had it negotiated, signed, pitched to his family, pitched to his assistants, off on a private plane Sunday, and recruiting former OU commits by Monday afternoon. I can't even see a reason to lie about the particular time frame when 1) it isn't even reasonable and 2) no matter what the time frame you still look like a massive traitor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Strange world when LSU is a better job than ND. But them's the breaks. ND better hope they don't go the way of Nebraska now. Failure to get into the CFP this year of all years when a G5 school might make it would be the first step on that path.

that would be the greatest thing to happen this century

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Anybody else excited for Texas ruining college football by paying all its players? This is 1 (and smallest) of 3 funds being created by Texas donors.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Yeah why would a coach want to leave ND and come to LSU? I mean LSU only has won 3 national championships in <20 years with 3 different coaches. Bad place to go lol. Guaranteed to at least play one national title contender every year with Alabama plus ocassional others. Not having to wait for the teams ND to have a "good" year to depend on how you work out in the end. Mentioned it before, at least before the pandemic LSU was fully funded by the football program. Gave a donation to the general scholarship fund and took no money from student tuition/fees and such. Of course the TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation that owns most of the stadium) covers a LOT of it including a large majority of the salary of the coach. Plus the SEC network which has turned into a huge money maker. I don't think people that have followed football in other areas realise how little coverage teams like ND get at all, even with all the network stuff now.

From what I've seen about ND lately probably a much larger percentage of catholics at LSU than there are at ND. Probalby >80% at least.

Before A&M entered the SEC I lived 2 hours from A&M and it was 100x easier to get LSU on network and cable TV than it was to see ANY A&M game.

My girlfriend is an Auburn fan. After the loss toss to Bama I googled how to cheer up an Auburn fan. It only picked up on cheer and Auburn and gave Auburn cheerleader results. I got distracted after that so I really don't know what to say :)

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Anybody else excited for Texas ruining college football by paying all its players? This is 1 (and smallest) of 3 funds being created by Texas donors.

Do you know what this is going to turn into? A mandatory $85 million dollar yearly club that can guarantee seven figures of pre-tax money to every scholarship player on a team. The 10 or 20 teams that can do this will just get the top thousand rated players each year because they will be set for life.

Edit: I am not angry at Texas for doing this; it was always about who did it first. I also didn't think about the Nebraska-esque walk-on programs that will be had because you can offer them seven figures which would easily cover their yearly school costs.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah why would a coach want to leave ND and come to LSU? I mean LSU only has won 3 national championships in <20 years with 3 different coaches. Bad place to go lol. Guaranteed to at least play one national title contender every year with Alabama plus ocassional others. Not having to wait for the teams ND to have a "good" year to depend on how you work out in the end. Mentioned it before, at least before the pandemic LSU was fully funded by the football program. Gave a donation to the general scholarship fund and took no money from student tuition/fees and such. Of course the TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation that owns most of the stadium) covers a LOT of it including a large majority of the salary of the coach. Plus the SEC network which has turned into a huge money maker. I don't think people that have followed football in other areas realise how little coverage teams like ND get at all, even with all the network stuff now.

From what I've seen about ND lately probably a much larger percentage of catholics at LSU than there are at ND. Probalby >80% at least.

Before A&M entered the SEC I lived 2 hours from A&M and it was 100x easier to get LSU on network and cable TV than it was to see ANY A&M game.

My girlfriend is an Auburn fan. After the loss toss to Bama I googled how to cheer up an Auburn fan. It only picked up on cheer and Auburn and gave Auburn cheerleader results. I got distracted after that so I really don't know what to say :)
Nah man I think you misinterpreted my meaning - I wasn't meaning why he'd leave, it's obvious for a # of reasons, but more why LSU would want HIM. He's just so vanilla pudding I have a hard time envisioning him fitting in down in BR but I guess time will tell.

Also, Rhule to OU? Please god