Comic Books

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Jim Lee is Dan Didio's attempt to attach some credibility to DC comics during the new 52. Fucking Rob "Hands & Feet" Liefeld quit out of frustration over the editorial process and that dude can deep throat 20 dicks.

Column_sl

shitlord
Jim Lee is Dan Didio's attempt to attach some credibility to DC comics during the new 52. Fucking Rob "Hands & Feet" Liefeld quit out of frustration over the editorial process and that dude can deep throat 20 dicks.
Which has absolutely no relevance to anything we are talking about.

Do you normally spew out random bullshit? or we just the lucky ones

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why are you so upset.

QnV68l1.jpg

Calm down bro.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marvel Heroes initially took down all information related to Sam Alexander and Nova in general as a playable hero. But recently was readded back with Sam and all his stuff there. I've been looking around for information on this as it's pretty depressing to me.

I saw this and it sparked some hope in me:Twitter / BRIANMBENDIS: cancerverse nerds! infinity ...

Edit: lol NINO Nova board taken down again on Marvelheroes.com
In relation to this tweet. This is all the talk of the cancerverse and actions that happened in it, in the latest chapter.

uQsBrqN.jpg

Which is just plain fucking stupid. Gamora: "we thought you and drax sacrificed yourself to keep him there!" No. Wrong. Drax was killed by Thanos after a failed assassination attempt. Otherworld Wanda (Scarlett Witch) then teleported the whole company to the place of the first necropsy, which eventually resulted in Richard Rider and Peter Quill sacrificing themselves so that Thanos would stay.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
THAT is fucking Gamora right now? Bleh. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of her look before, but you knew in an instant who she was. That could have been Sue Storm or Illyana Rasputin for all I know. I mean, I'm guessing with a better colorist I'd be able to see the eye circle shit better (seriously, that page is ugly as fuck), but still, she's just generic_blonde_001. And that's ignoring the fact that Gamora wasn't blonde!

Is she still even green?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's an awful picture by Francavilla who people seem to love, but I think is just a lazy pile of dogshit.

Here's an alt cover art of her.
597eAXW.jpg

qM32d3f.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, now that I can fap to! That version is significantly better than the 80s version with the awkward naval cleavage netting thing. That other panel was just horrible though.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is seriously making me rage.Wut - Imgur

First picture shows Gamora with Drax as he's killed by Thanos, Last picture BUT I THOUGHT YOU AND DRAX SACRIFICED YOURSELFS TO STOP HIM WHAT HAPPENED?!

Fuck Bendis.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is seriously making me rage.Wut - Imgur

First picture shows Gamora with Drax as he's killed by Thanos, Last picture BUT I THOUGHT YOU AND DRAX SACRIFICED YOURSELFS TO STOP HIM WHAT HAPPENED?!

Fuck Bendis.
Bendis is basically saying my way to deal with things (forget everything that happened) is no good and it all did happen. basically tldr, the cancerverse, a universe full of cancer or something, is gonna destroy 616 (the current universe) GOTG and nova go stop it, somehow thanos (who died) is reborn and the key, something happens (i forget) and thanos is powerful again, drax tries to destroy and gets wtf pwn'd really fast and easy (not the pic you linked), something like the cancerverse is gonna eat itself, so everyone leaves but nova and starlord(peter quill) who has a half functioning (or broken?) cosmic cube, to hold off thanos. Cancerverse is no more, thanos/nova/starlord are dead, there's a monument for nova/starlord on kree or skrull or one of those worlds.

in GOTG 8, there is no mention of nova tho, and wtf art sucks.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bendis is basically saying my way to deal with things (forget everything that happened) is no good and it all did happen. basically tldr, the cancerverse, a universe full of cancer or something, is gonna destroy 616 (the current universe) GOTG and nova go stop it, somehow thanos (who died) is reborn and the key, something happens (i forget) and thanos is powerful again, drax tries to destroy and gets wtf pwn'd really fast and easy (not the pic you linked), something like the cancerverse is gonna eat itself, so everyone leaves but nova and starlord(peter quill) who has a half functioning (or broken?) cosmic cube, to hold off thanos. Cancerverse is no more, thanos/nova/starlord are dead, there's a monument for nova/starlord on kree or skrull or one of those worlds.

in GOTG 8, there is no mention of nova tho, and wtf art sucks.
What are you even talking about? I read the Thanos Imperative.

Thanos was revived by Adam Warlock and his church, who's being manipulated by his evil half Magus. Thanos goes crazy because he was taken from Death who he is in love with and starts fucking up the believers ship. Peter Quill, Moondragon, and some others capture him with the last remaining power of the Cosmic Cube and knock him out psionicly.

Cancerverse Mar-vell who's the reason all of this shit spawned comes to 616 because of a Tear in the galaxy via a massive bomb that was blown up during a war between the Shi'iar and someone else. Massive war happens between Cancerverse people and normal people. Galactus and the other celestial get involved.

Thanos who's working with the Guardians of the Galaxy go through the tear to try and stop them, they end up on Titan, Thano's homeworld to find out where the Necropsy happened and go there. Which is where Drax attempts to kill Thanos, burns him to his skeleton and Thanos regenerates and then performs PICTURE I LINKED. That is when Drax dies, not sure why you wouldn't think that's it but it is.

They go to Mar-vells hospital bed, Thanos tricks Mar-vell in to believing he's sacrificing himself. Death comes in and kills Mar-vell and causes cancerverse to collapse in on itself. Cosmo under Peter Quills orders teleports all guardians and himself out of there leaving and enraged Thanos because Death wont acknowledge him, Peter Quill, and Richard Rider in the Cancerverse. Peter and Richard stay to keep Thanos there while the Cancerverse collapses in on itself destroying all 3.

What makes no sense is that Thanos, Peter Quill, and Drax all have come back from the dead but Richard = MIA?!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh i guess you're right, i just don't remember them changing drax to old drax look. but yea it seems they are really trying to exclude any mention of nova(richard rider). you sure there wasn't the cosmic cube also at the end of cancerverse? i'm thinking that's the link to some of this "unexplained" stuff.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was, the cube was "drained" and Quill was trying to get it to work before they went in to the Cancerverse. He took it with him in there for some strange reason and it started acting up again at the very end.

k8tIB86.jpg

That's the last scene of Star Lord and Nova Prime before the universe imploded.

fucker_sl

shitlord
well, at least they aknowledge the entire Thanos Imperative storyline exists. So far there was no mentions to it. Looks like there is a mistery behind it the rest of GotG dont know and Quill is keeping for himself

about Drax "sacrifice"....well...can we just call it "bad way to word it" ?

Caliane

Bendis has always been like that.

look at his treatment of Illyana recently.

he is a good writer. But does not do research or completely ignores characterization. And has a bad tendency to write all his characters using his own speech patterns.

Caliane

THAT is fucking Gamora right now? Bleh. I wasn't exactly a huge fan of her look before, but you knew in an instant who she was. That could have been Sue Storm or Illyana Rasputin for all I know. I mean, I'm guessing with a better colorist I'd be able to see the eye circle shit better (seriously, that page is ugly as fuck), but still, she's just generic_blonde_001. And that's ignoring the fact that Gamora wasn't blonde!

Is she still even green?
haha. oh man. reading this thread backwards, I click on the link. I totally forgot for a bit that was Gamora. I was thinking it was Brand for a bit.

Caliane

You are talking about stories when we are discussing the art....

Guy commented he looked through all the last years covers, and wasn't impressed.

And that shit still holds up today. Jim lees run on the x men before the reboot was exceptional.
As well as the shit load of other great artists that ran through that decade.

I could list 100 easly

But I'll list just a few shall we

Jason pearson
Adam Hughes
Cully Hamner
Dexter Vines
Brian Stelfreeze
Arthur Adams
Joe Maudiera
Marc Silvestri
Humberto Ramos
Brandon peterson
Jim Lee
Whilce Portacio
Ed MCguiness
Eric Canete
Larry Stroman
Chris Sprouse
Ale garza
Adam Warren
Karl Story
J Scott Campbell
Ed Benes
David Williams
Doug Manhke
Phi Noto
Travis Charest
Dale keown
Pop Mhan
Chap Yaep
Tony Harris
Jeff matsuda
Jeff Johnson

And the list goes on and on. You know why there was so many good artists in comics in the 90s? money,and lots of it.
If there was any outbreak it was an artists outbreak, and they were coming from other industry's into comics.

This is absolutely a false statement. Mcfarlane destroyed him.Liefelds page rate may be in the 90% ,but he is no where close to the highest in comics.
His pages for sale dont even get that much money.

For instance a Liefeld page is going for 300 bucks where a Lee page goes for 3000.

Jim Lee is also a millionaire. Not only did he Make a shitload of money in comics ,and still does. He sold Wildstorm for a ton, and is the president of DC comics.

You are so uninformed, maybe if you saw the 90's as only Image comics you would think that, but some amazing art was coming out at that time outside of Image.
Were in the Dark Ages of comics right now..if you can't see that you are blind. It feels almost exactly like the late 80s right before the explosion.

I have never seen comics this bad, even the Indie scene is awful with everyone just copying each other to be the next big movie.

The talent pool is also abysmal. Marvel and DC top artists are still artists that have been working for 30 years....
When your Hot artists are the ones that are in there 40s there is something wrong.

One last thing Alex Raymond was timeless not the industry that was around him. It be like picking out Michael Golden in the early 80s and saying look what they were doing back then!
Those two artist were decades ahead of there time.
how can you say, artists were better in the 80s-90's. list a bunch of guys that are still working. and then finish with admitting those guys are all still working. you undermined your own argument.
While some of those guys are shit. Ramos, Ale (sorry guys) Noto. pinup-sameface...

Although yeah. Collector bubble broke the industry. the money is not there. Why become a comic penciler, make 10-20k for 5 years, until you are a superstar with a breakout book, at which point if creator owned you might make 100k, while the writer makes 1million. or if you work for DC/Marvel you make 120k. or you go into video games/animation, and make 20-40k starting.
Ask Brandon Peterson, Christian litchtner, Joe Mad, Steve Firchow, Rochelle(although got laid off from Sony last I knew..), and the list goes on.

How much pages sell for on ebay. are you kidding me? the fuck does that have to do with page rates? How much a page sells on collectors market has jack shit to do with copyright licensing for publication. Rob liefields books in the Nu52 were outselling a shit ton of better books. and DC PAYS for his name to be on stuff. Because you are not the only retard that insists 90's were better.

Everyone involved with founding Image is a millionaire. not just Jim Lee. Publication and creator owned BRANDING is more profitable then working in the gutters. no shit. Ask Kirkman.

Do I really need to make a list of current guys that are AMAZING?
Indie scene is so far from awful its not even funny.

Column_sl

shitlord
how can you say, artists were better in the 80s-90's. list a bunch of guys that are still working. and then finish with admitting those guys are all still working. you undermined your own argument.
While some of those guys are shit. Ramos, Ale (sorry guys) Noto. pinup-sameface...
Allmost everyone of those artists started in the 80.s-90's. You are saying Artists were shit in the 80's 90s, and as you can see not only are you wrong, you have nothing to come back with.

Also if those links are your art, you calling Ramos ,and Noto shit is absolutely laughable.. Your stuff is the epitome of generic.

You will never be in the same league as Ramos in any respect. Technically, professionally, and you will never receive even 10% of his accolades.

How much pages sell for on ebay. are you kidding me? the fuck does that have to do with page rates? How much a page sells on collectors market has jack shit to do with copyright licensing for publication. Rob liefields books in the Nu52 were outselling a shit ton of better books. and DC PAYS for his name to be on stuff. Because you are not the only retard that insists 90's were better.
90's started so many Artist careers,you are the only retard that doesn't have a clue when it comes to history.
The 90's had the best artists as a collective group bar none..

I listed what 40 off the top of my head, there were 100's...
Gaijin studios in the 90's was considered one the best comic studios that has ever existed.

The 90s artists are pretty much carrying the american animation, and Comic industry to this day.

Also if you knew anything DC pays on a scale versus the marvel contract.
You saying Lielfeld makes more money a page then anyone is so wrong its funny. Love you to list those numbers.

BTW the back end they get off of comics is so pitiful, its not even worth mentioning. Only in the 90's did they get tons of money if there comic sold well. That shit stopped really quickly after that.

I'm lucky enough to live in Austin, and see Rob about 3 times a year. He not as rich as you think he is. He settled on some massive lawsuits, lost money on his companies, and allot of his personal ventures went belly up. This is from Rob himself.

Do I really need to make a list of current guys that are AMAZING?
Indie scene is so far from awful its not even funny.
Yes please list of all those Paul Pope wana bees.. which is ironic because he is another 90's comic artist.
I'll make a real list, and we will see what has more heavyweights in it.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
90's started so many Artist careers,you are the only retard that doesn't have a clue when it comes to history.
The 90's had the best artists as a collective group bar none..
The 90's as in a collective group of artists which started in the 90's or a collective group which all worked in the 90's? Little confused. Half the people you mention in your list started in the 80's but also worked in the 90's.

Column_sl

shitlord
By that argument we are living right now in the best collective group of artists since they are all still working.
Its the talent coming in that sucks, not them. They can only do so much, and most of those artists from the 90's are still slow as shit.
They are not doing the monthly books. They are on the Flagship books, 3 issue arcs, and special products.
There page rate is way to high to have them all work on every book out there...

And starting in late 88-89 in some back water black and white comic is the same as saying they got there real start in the 90's which almost 95% was.

We are living in the best collective group of over the hill artists. Dont you understand that new young talent coming in constantly, and all becoming the hot artists is diffrent from the hot artists being 30 year vets??

90's was a constant flow of new artists. 2013 is a constant flow of artists that look exactly the same ( that super realistic photo traced style), or are trying to ape one of those 90's artists themselves.
There was so much Diversity outside of image it was insane, but even inside Image there was diversity such as Colleen Doran, Larry Stroman etc

Jim Lee, Ramos, Joe Mad, Yu, Ed MCg, Chris Bachallo etc etc are at the top. That is not how it should be. It should be new hot artists destroying them much like the 90's artists did to the early 80's artists.

Comics right now is as boring as it was in the 80's right before the outbreak of new young artists.

Anyone who claims the 90's had bad artists is a fucking idiot.