Comic Books

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Darshu_sl

shitlord
So it looks like someone is making a guest appearance in the marvel universe as part of the Age Of Ultron.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...age-of-ultron/

Since they're calling whoever it is a guest I'm gonna say its a character they got on license. To further limit the field I'm going to guess that there is no chance of it being someone from any DC comics properties. Even further limiting the field is that it would be someone high profile enough to keep secret AND someone who would have the actual ability to undo the damage of the Age of Ultron given the superhero casualty count.

I would not be surprised if The Doctor from Dr. Who shows up. He has experience dealing with insane robots that want to kill everyone and can travel through time to undo the damage. Its a clean story that doesn't require Marvel to retcon anything. The Doctor also has made cameos in other comics so its not impossible licensing wise. Too much of a twist or possible? Thats my unlikely mostly crazy theory.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
hes not running it?
the secret is screaming at him?

who else wears a red hood/mask like pym?

the flash

An indie character would be fun. Invincible. Atomic robo.
Robo, stack and Jocasta having a conversation? fuck that would be great.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
One site pointed out that a couple of years ago Marvel got the rights to Marvelman / Miracleman and that maybe he could be involved.

Either way, this rumor has me more interested in the story than the first 2 issues did.

I told Bendis on Twitter my thought of this all being undone and just introducing the cinematic version of Pym and got a simple 'nope' back, lol.

He'll be in Vegas for a signing next week.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
MarvelMan and ROM seem to be the shortlist in most people's opinions. I'm not really buying either though. Neither character seems high profile enough to really be worth generating any hype for. If ROM shows up its going to be... underwhelming...

I'm sticking with my guess that its going to be The Doctor. Time travel is involved with the plot. That is confirmed. Its also the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who this year. Highly increases the chance of guest appearances. Whether its in the Age of Ultron or not I bet we see him popping up in all kinds of unexpected places this year.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It is Angela, from Image. Her introduction to Marvel is more like the after credits scenes in the movies and shes going to appear in a number of books over the next year. Other announced appearance is Guardians of the Galaxy #5.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_18337.jpg

rrr_img_18337.jpg

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think the funniest thing about this, is just a few years ago the editor for Avengers at the time came out and said this was a major cock up on their part.

Something about in the script he was just kind of supposed to be shoving her aside, but there was a last minute artist change and the guy who did the art for the issue just wasn't on the same page as the writers, so it turned into this. The editor admitted, at the time, everything was rushed, didn't think much of it, blah blah blah, so they kind of let it slide.

Now of course, 20-something years, "Hank Pym the Woman Beater" is A Thing and he feels like a bit of an ass, as it really wasn't intentional and has shaded Pym's "career" ever since.

rrr_img_18337.jpg

rrr_img_18337.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always thought the Yellowjacket beating his wife was as intentional as Tony Stark drinking whiskey. Stuff like this gave another dimension to the Marvel characters back in the day.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So. Thanos. Probably my favorite villain.

The following are short series. (I think 6 issues each?) The Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Abyss and and Infinity Crusade are all good. Basically, anything with the word "Infinity" in it probably has Thanos. Also Warlock and the Infinity Watch.

The Thanos Imperative and Annihilation are must-reads. The only other one I think that might be worth reading is some Avengers series that I can't remember the name of.

Oh, and he made an appearance in The Secret Defenders at some point, which was a good book in its own right.