Comic Books

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Get ready for WOKE MARVEL!! Featuring "Experimental Internet Gas!" SafeSpace & SnowFlake

• 2Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a42c799b05915dd530eafc74d3bc3bc9.png

even his last name is faggy, somehow ppl gave him a job writing jokes

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
DC has ditched Diamond Comics as a distributor and have seemingly fucked their supply chain as a result. All the mail-order comic shops now have to get their product from one of their competitors, which can't possibly be a tenable business case.

Between COVID, price point, overall lack of quality and now supply chain issues I think the local comic book store, as a concept, is on its deathbed.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
DC has ditched Diamond Comics as a distributor and have seemingly fucked their supply chain as a result. All the mail-order comic shops now have to get their product from one of their competitors, which can't possibly be a tenable business case.

Between COVID, price point, overall lack of quality and now supply chain issues I think the local comic book store, as a concept, is on its deathbed.
A bunch of people are just crowdfunding comics on Indiegogo now. See Ethan van Sciver (formerly DC now Comicsgate) and Sean Gordon Murphy (DC). They are making millions cutting out all the middlemen.

Ironic that by forcing out Comicsgate from the mainstream, they had to create a new business model which coincidentally was immune to COVID.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well this is actually very much in line with the rest of the publishing industry. Modern creation tools, on-demand printing, etc. have made it so that the services of traditional publishers are not as necessary as they once were... and the publishers themselves have been slow to realize this.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Warner Brothers swung the axe wide yesterday:

1/3rd of the editorial staff are gone in addition to the evisceration of the DC Universe team. Odd they have not officially cancelled DCUniverse now that Stargirl just finished up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Warner Brothers swung the axe wide yesterday:

1/3rd of the editorial staff are gone in addition to the evisceration of the DC Universe team. Odd they have not officially cancelled DCUniverse now that Stargirl just finished up.
only person who matters
Jim Lee remains the CCO

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I grabbed an iPad Pro which is an amazing screen. I have been downloading a ton of comics to read on it and man oh man the old Image titles are some pure shit art. How did I/others like this?

So I downloaded all the Aspen titles for their art and will see if the stories are garbage or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I grabbed an iPad Pro which is an amazing screen. I have been downloading a ton of comics to read on it and man oh man the old Image titles are some pure shit art. How did I/others like this?

So I downloaded all the Aspen titles for their art and will see if the stories are garbage or not.
i pretty pro image-wildstorm, but thats the best properties imo authority, gen13, stormwatch, wildcats, dv8 etc and also jim lee

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
i pretty pro image-wildstorm, but thats the best properties imo authority, gen13, stormwatch, wildcats, dv8 etc and also jim lee
Yeah I was reading some of the Youngblood stuff, the classic Liefield.

I grabbed gen13 again which I didn't read much back in the day but I did a lot of wildcats. Most of the entire wildstorm is a lot better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I was reading some of the Youngblood stuff, the classic Liefield.

I grabbed gen13 again which I didn't read much back in the day but I did a lot of wildcats. Most of the entire wildstorm is a lot better.
i prefer dv8 (evil) to gen13, a good volume of dv8 imo is dv8 - gods and monsters, you don't really have know who the characters are, you'll be introduced to them

wildstorm becomes worldstorm later on (when image gets sold) so they tried to wrap the entire wildstorm universe, and it sorta works

but if youre really image centric now, i can't emphasize how amazing the authority v1 and v2 and planetary are, you want a comic to look good on an ipad, read planetary and see jon cassidy in action

like how cassidy storyboards this action in astonishing x-men is a pure joy to read
Untitled-Scanned-14.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-16.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-17.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Looks like he might be a part of why it's failing.
well ppl fell in love with jim lees pencil magic, not his inability with excel

hopefully he'll continue to run DC comics into the ground, that warner bros will have to completely sell it off to marvel and we'll have a mcu+dc universe done correctly.

i mean its not like dc comics even has good plotlines, their most recent good one was... i don't even know and i considered myself a comic nerd

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Blade Runner 2019 is pretty good if you want some Sci Fi. Its not done yet.