Comic Books

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
anyone know why ethan van sciver would get royalties from the justice league movie?

Not sure, IMDB only has him credited on the movie in the Thanks section. Maybe some uncredited art/producer work?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I grabbed an iPad Pro which is an amazing screen. I have been downloading a ton of comics to read on it and man oh man the old Image titles are some pure shit art. How did I/others like this?

So I downloaded all the Aspen titles for their art and will see if the stories are garbage or not.
I'm a huge fan of the old Michael Turner artwork. I'll be honest and say that I haven't even read the majority of the Aspen stuff, but I've paged through a lot of it, and it seemed decent. Granted, maybe it is hot garbage, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing shit artwork that I almost don't care anymore. I'm interested to hear what you think about it.

I've recently fallen into the Brian Pulido Lady Death Kickstarter trap, and I have to say, the majority of that artwork is pretty nice. The stories are decent enough, nothing to get overly excited over but good enough. I've always been a big fan of Lady Death though, so that helps a lot. She's as OP as they come, but she looks good doing it!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm a huge fan of the old Michael Turner artwork. I'll be honest and say that I haven't even read the majority of the Aspen stuff, but I've paged through a lot of it, and it seemed decent. Granted, maybe it is hot garbage, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing shit artwork that I almost don't care anymore. I'm interested to hear what you think about it.

I've recently fallen into the Brian Pulido Lady Death Kickstarter trap, and I have to say, the majority of that artwork is pretty nice. The stories are decent enough, nothing to get overly excited over but good enough. I've always been a big fan of Lady Death though, so that helps a lot. She's as OP as they come, but she looks good doing it!
Lady Death and Evil Ernie were real cool art back in the day also.

Yeah the art in Soulfire was absolutely great so I don't care if the story is weak I download it all to try it.

• 1Garbage

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's Mike Turner for you. Fathom and Witchblade were also his. At least while the art was great. Then cancer took him out, so that sucked...

For good artwork, check Eric Larsen also. He does Savage Dragon. It was really serious for the first... 10 issues? Then it started to get silly. It's like chapter 250 now (I have no idea), and so much crazy shit has happened in that book. I love the art, but I haven't touched it in years.

Also, Scud the Disposable Assassin. One of the forum members actually has Scud as an avatar. That series was very unique. Silly, but awesome none the less. Art isn't as good as Mike Turner, but it might as well be compared to the hot garbage that they're shoveling out today.

And also... Bone. It's extremely simplistic art, but good none the less. Good story to boot.
The entire series is collected in a very large bible-like paperback novel, complete with tissue paper thickness pages. - Scud's entire collection is in 1 book as well. -

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That's Mike Turner for you. Fathom and Witchblade were also his. At least while the art was great. Then cancer took him out, so that sucked...

For good artwork, check Eric Larsen also. He does Savage Dragon. It was really serious for the first... 10 issues? Then it started to get silly. It's like chapter 250 now (I have no idea), and so much crazy shit has happened in that book. I love the art, but I haven't touched it in years.

Also, Scud the Disposable Assassin. One of the forum members actually has Scud as an avatar. That series was very unique. Silly, but awesome none the less. Art isn't as good as Mike Turner, but it might as well be compared to the hot garbage that they're shoveling out today.

And also... Bone. It's extremely simplistic art, but good none the less. Good story to boot.
The entire series is collected in a very large bible-like paperback novel, complete with tissue paper thickness pages. - Scud's entire collection is in 1 book as well. -
I periodically sport Scud as my avatar. Scud is one of my all time favs. Super fun read. It's definitely worth checking out for whoever hasn't.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
New Keanu Reeves written comic Kickstarter, already a huge success. Some SJW controversy over it I guess because some blue-hairs are bitching that Kickstarter should only be for poor artists or some bullshit.

It looks a little expensive at first, but you actually get 3 graphic novels for $50 at the lowest tier, which is a lot cheaper than the $28 minimum I spend for a Lady Death issue, so not as bad as it initially appears. I went in for the $75 edition, making it similar to Lady Death, so fuck it. Why not? Keanu doesn't need the money, but I'll support something like this just to annoy some tranny if nothing else.

Extra bonus points because he parodied the "Sad Keanu" meme in his comic. Keanu gets us.

7cc1671b4a80d8bacbe8749d41bbeac9_original[1].jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Been a big fan of McFarlanes Spider-Man art since I was a kid. One memorable moment for me is this he did from ASM 315.

Context is that Peter saved this old man from being murdered for gambling debts, convincing him he had a problem and furthermore convincing him to get help.

But the next day

984CD582-D239-4D7F-B75C-80CD446E18D6.jpeg

Just a good representation of how people feel when they fall off the wagon: the shame and loneliness

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was going through an old box I'd forgotten in storage. Found first print Crow 1 - 4. Unfortunately, I never bagged them so the pages have yellowed. But still worth some coin.

Kind of a trip. Always heard those stories, but you know, only half believed them. Also had Mask no 1, an Electra hard cover graphic novel and a few other oddities in that box. Should help buy me another Les Paul.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God damn Im so sick of the "make everyone black, a woman, or LGBTQ" movement in super hero comics. I stopped reading Marvel because of it when they went Lady Thor and Iron-Woman bull shit. The stories arent even good. Im not one of these minorities, but I feel like it would be more offensive to me with this the obvious pandering.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Over at DC they’re humanizing Superman by having him get raped in a communist prison camp back in the 70’s.

• 1Worf
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 users