Comic Books

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Looks to me like the movies/tv have the majority of influence over people's selections rather than comics.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Who voted Professor X as their favourite superhero? Stephen Hawking?
rrr_img_98205.jpg

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Transformer comics continue to be amazing to read nowadays. Even if I'm not a fan of the art of Livio Ramondelli. Hate the style but the story makes me want to read it. It's premise plays out well and actually gives background on alot of the recent releases of transformer toys.

Wish the movies followed these storylines and general direction for art instead of the Bayformers we have now.

The writers just give alot of depth to the characters with consequences that have lasting implications. I would highly recommend anyone who enjoys comics and transformers in the slightest to pick em up and start reading.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think a humble bundle came out a few months ago. They may roll it around again. They sometimes recycle the most popular ones.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So question.
Im an X man fan, but i dont read comics that much. My initial exposure was the Tv show and then later some comics here and there. So I found out about the House of M years ago and i finally read it. I really liked it, so my question is. What are the next arcs after House of M for the x-man?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
House of M is one of the top tier arcs, what comes after is
Decimation - trash and a bunch of stories that go nowhere, you can pretty much skip it
Deadly Genesis/Rise and Fall of the Shiar - good arcs, both go together.
Messiah Complex - i want to say it's good, and every arc after this pretty much deals with what happens and is just not good, these include:divided we stand, manifest destiny, messiah war, utopia, nation x, second coming, 5 lights, schism, regenesis, AvX

if you told me to bet the best arcs after house of m, i'd say deadly genesis/rise and fall of the shiar (saying anymore of these 2 arcs is in itself a big spoiler
messiah complex took 8 years? and 3 major arcs with a lot of minor ones and it was utterly disappointing, but current xmen titles revolve around it, so you can torture youself if you want to get up to date.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I just finished Utopia and I fucking hated it. Probably read 15 trades in the past 2 weeks and it easily was the worst. I get so sick of the Xmen's constant 'Humans don't accept us, though!' bullshit with SO much other amazing shit happening in the universe. The idea is sooooo fucking played out now.

On another note, the new (ish) Moon Knight is absolutely fantastic. 10/10

Also, I found these comics called Okko from a French publishing studio called Archaia or Archaea Studios that are absolutely baller. Just got 8 issues in the mail, there's 4 issues for each element but I'm not sure they finished the 4th one yet (or will ever). Definitely recommend if someone wants a change of pace from Marvel/DC.

Haven't read Secret Wars yet but hopefully going pick it up #1-3 when 3 drops. Loved the New Avengers and stuff that came before it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Teasers beginning for the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe.

rrr_img_99368.jpg

Pictured in the teaser art are:

• Doctor Spectrum of the Great Society, a holdover from Jonathan Hickman's "Avengers" run
  • Citizen V -- originally the "heroic" alter ego of Baron Zemo -- in his original Thunderbolts uniform
  • Thing and Rocket Raccoon, sporting matching Guardians of the Galaxy team uniforms
  • While it may not look like him, Marvel has confirmed that that is the Inhuman Karnak rocking a street-level look
  • Hyperion, another prominent player in Jonathan Hickman's recently concluded "Avengers" epic
  • "Inhuman" protagonist Inferno and, just on the other side of Iron Man, an unchanged Inhuman ruler Medusa
  • Daredevil sporting a new black and red costume, possibly a nod to the dark duds the Man Without Fear wore in his Netflix series
  • X-23 -- confirmed by Marvel -- in her new Wolverine-esque suit
  • Star-Lord, same as before "Secret Wars"
  • A mostly unchanged Doctor Strange, except this time carrying a massive battle axe
  • And Old Man Logan, possibly one of the characters surviving Battleworld and continuing on into the new Marvel U

This is viaNew Teaser Features Wolverine, Daredevil, Thing - Comic Book Resources

Like what I see so far.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i skipped this week to pick up my crate for secret wars 3, and don't plan to pick it up for a month or so, is book 3 good enough for me to make a trip for?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Not as good as two, and is kinda dense like infinity was, but no 20+ issue context or a physics degree needed. I liked the issue as the story is inched along a bit, but if you're in no hurry I'd just grab it later because of the delays.