Comic Books

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'm just pissed about Babs being able to walk again.

Well, and a lot of other things, but that really gets me. I just don't like resetting the universe like that. Some of us liked the old one!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't there a story arch where they specifically went back in time and to alternate universes in-order to stop her from becoming paralyzed and found out it was impossible?

I don't follow DC all that much.

fucker_sl

shitlord
The only good thing DC has done lately is Injustice... and Black Adam. Forever Evil has been vaguely passable from what I've seen, but the whole nu52 shit has just turned me off entirely.
yeah, the New52 was really a let down. I hoped it would be a good point to start reading DC comics but i regret the money i spent on them. The whole thing is disjoined to the point of being impossible to follow events

there are characters, like WW for example, who seems to be completely cut out from the rest of the universe in their personal comics. You read stuff that goes completely against what her/him does in another comic just one month before

I'll probably continue to read them but only thanks to torrent

fuck mainstream comics

Caliane

Wasn't there a story arch where they specifically went back in time and to alternate universes in-order to stop her from becoming paralyzed and found out it was impossible?

I don't follow DC all that much.
one of the storylines in Booster gold was him trying to save her. and yeah, he failed miserably every time. Over and over. with Rip eventually saying, something just can't change, but some other things CAN. lets go get your sister.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
one of the storylines in Booster gold was him trying to save her. and yeah, he failed miserably every time. Over and over. with Rip eventually saying, something just can't change, but some other things CAN. lets go get your sister.
Oh yeah, didn't he keep popping into hilarious old school Bat-Family stories and just trashing them. Like "Ooops, pushed Batman off the roof and killed him" or something?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
don't forget before new 52, in final crisis batman is all "i'll make this one exception and use a gun to kill darkseid" and darkseid skeletor's bruce... but it only sends bruce through time, while dick becomes batman which was cool, but then you see bruce corpse in blackest night, nope it was just a clone and bruce magically appears alive again, sets up batman inc... only for the reboot to say, fuck it, no one likes dick being batman, instead we'll have batman and his whole fucking bat family nightwing, and batgirl and robin(damien) and fucking zombie todd red hood, hell is tim drake here as red robin too? fucking bat family is so vast. and every batman related comic, just sucks... so boring!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was fine with Batman shooting Darkseid and dying for it. I thought Battle For The Cowl was going to be amazing, especially with the promo pic:
dc-releases-batman-battle-for-the-cowl-teaser.jpg

But, it was kinda mediocre and then the whole "zomg Bruce Wayne just went back in time!" Total shit.

Personally, I think the Bat Family is more interesting if it went through cycles of Robin becomes Nightwing becomes Batman who dies or semi-retires after a decade or two. Same cycle with Bat Girl/Woman. This would stand in contrast to Kal-El and Diana who don't really age and such. The "unaging" effect of comics kind of kills this.

fucker_sl

shitlord
what the fuck is a T-rex doing in the batcave ???

btw, i started to read New52 Catwoman. Not really a bad comic for the first 6 issues, but the poor girl gets more bloody beatups than probably the rest of DC characters combined

Caliane

Seriously?

Robot t-rex from dinosaur island.

The three most shown iconic memorabilia are, as seen here, the Joker card, the giant penny, and the t-rex.

Also, occasionally shown is giant silver dollar (from twoface), Deathstrokes sword, Robin's suit.

yeah, I am pretty much not a fan of nu52. but that said, some decent books there. Most of them ignoring the reboot..

Batman Inc, was great. Batwoman. Both basically ignored the reboot, and kept going with their previous storylines. only Stephanie and Cassandra got shafted there.

wonder woman. fresh from the reboot. but ignoring Justice league etc, and is unquestionably better for it.
Justice league dark.
Demon knights. fantastic.

Earth2 is good.

Red lanterns, Aquaman good.

I really enjoyed Sword of Sorcery. however, I am aware of its problems. It never really had a chance to get started.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so now after finishing infinity (it's... ok, a lot of dribble) i have a theory on what marvel is doing.
marvel is trying to destroy their sold out franchises with comic books. look what they did this year, they made peter parker dead in every reality. ultimate spiderman is a black boy, and they made doc oc mind switch with peter, and in one issue seemingly even tho peter was "ghosting" around doc oc's mind, doc oc kinda purged him.

now it seems marvel is building up the inhumans, what are inhumans? mutants that aren't as cool... in infinity, it looks like blackbolt, is either spreading terrigen mist (the stuff that causes ppl to be inhumans) or something, whatever he is doing is basically really evil since his superevil brother is calling it that.

this way marvel can now do away with mutants and just start calling everyone inhuman.

i wouldn't mind, right now mutant is synonymous with wolverine and poor hugh jackman is whored out like broadway bitch. i mean at least hugh jackman actually likes wolverine... but holy shit fox is just making everything revolve around wolverine.

xmen (2000) is basically wolverine meets the xmen

x2 wolverine leads the noobs

x3 wolverine kills phoenix

wolverine - shit

xmen first class oh look no wolverine... it's actually not a bad movie (for how shitty these titles are)

wolverine 2013 just wolverine and asians

xmen 2014 - oh look one of the most prized storylines in all of comic book history... and instead of using kitty pryde, who actually is there and ellen page has done that role... no we'll just use wolverine.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Terrigen Mists only enhance/mutate Inhumans. The idea that Infinity put forward was that whenever in history the Inhumans segregated itself from humanity, there were lots of Inhumans who didn't want to and just blended into the human population and interbred so there was a fair % of humanity with Inhuman genes to some degree* without knowing it. So when the Terrigen Bomb went off, it kind of "restored the heritage" to all these latent Inhumans.

Exactly what Black Bolts plan was by setting it off, I'm not sure. I recall getting the impression that it was an opportunity for humanity to defend itself rather than just be killed by Thanos & The Thanos Pack or whatever they're called.

*This actually makes more sense than general "mutants" as Inhumans (and a third race, Primitives?) and humans were all from the same original ancestors, just "tweaked" by some Celestial (or was it the Kree? fuck) thousands (millions?) of years ago. So them interbreeding and having this latent power makes a certain degree of sense. "Mutant" has always been kind of an unclear thing.

I think the remaining question is are they going to say "All Mutants are really Inhumans" or not?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Just read the last issue of Infinity there, with the epilogue between Black Bolt and Maximus and... I don't know what to think honestly.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really annoying how Infinity never really got around to the infinity part it seems. Or are the gems going to stay gone so they can match up comics with the cinematic universe's infinity stones? Blah.

Once it got going and I got behind and read 2 weeks worth of books back to back I really did enjoy it, will probably pick up the hardcover TPB for it. Have started buying these for arcs I enjoy for my son to destroy some day.

Caliane

JL3k out today.
smile.png

Also, Justice league 25. Forever evil is good stuff.

I don't remember if I mentioned the Ultraman backstory. Which was amazing. "shut up and die lara"
This one is Owlman backstory. pretty great too.
An out of nowhere..
rrr_img_52886.jpg

fucker_sl

shitlord
JL3k out today.
smile.png

Also, Justice league 25. Forever evil is good stuff.

I don't remember if I mentioned the Ultraman backstory. Which was amazing. "shut up and die lara"
This one is Owlman backstory. pretty great too.
An out of nowhere..
with him burning papa kent hand as his very first act, then killing them both by the age of 7....and he's a kryptonite addict. Yeah his backstory was great.