Comic Books

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I can't be bothered reading Marvel anymore. I'll stick to their movies.
The latest 3 issue Nova story in GotG left such a sour taste in my mouth. Yeah it looks like he'll definitely be back at some point but I dunno. That story just annoyed the hell out of me. And the art going from garbage chicken scratch in some issues to Ed McGuinness is a very jarring change.
I think DC is better with their fill in artists than Marvel. I swear to fuck some of the guys/gals Marvel hires are still in 3rd grade going by their art. If I'm going to pay $3-$5 for a book then it better have GREAT art. Not chicken scratch shit.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Was digging around in storage and forgot I got these signed and confirmed when I returned from Iraq. Seems the value has like quadrupled. Loved the story line of World War Hulk.
rrr_img_87160.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Those are nice. I don't have any CGC-graded stuff, my most valuable book would probably my Stan Lee signed Amazing Spider-Man #41 if it wasn't in 'wiped ass with' condition. Even non-CGC it's probably worth more than anything else I've got just because of the signature. I could have paid to have that done at the time, but am enjoying comics more as a fan than a collector these days. First appearance of deadpool has shot up in value, should probably find that and make sure it's in good shape, lol.

Asked wife for this poster for my birthday this month. If Art Adams is ever at the Vegas comic con I'll probably take it to him to get it signed and then get it framed and stuff. Thing is a massive 66 1/4 x 50 5/16 and vinyl.

rrr_img_87197.jpg

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Thats a pretty nice poster. The comics were like 5-20 dollars when I got them and then had them signed. Cost like 60 to grade them. Looking on ebay and other forums I see them going for around 300ish now.
I have about a collection of 500 comics from my teens. The condition of most are crap. I wish I knew better back then and would have sealed them up.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's massive too, here it is hanging at a local shop.

rrr_img_87273.jpg

So today I walked into my comic shop and left with nothing. First time in a long time, felt pretty good. Really down to just reading Injustice weekly, will pick some things back up when Secret Wars / Time Runs Out get here probably. Until then I heard Superman Unchained was pretty good and will probably pick up that hardback.

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
Is that Maximum in Henderson? Used to go in there pretty frequently when I lived in Vegas. Nice shop.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yup. Used to be a regular there until we (zappos) moved downtown and made it no longer on the way to work.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 issue in to Sex Criminals. I love it. You guys haven't browbeat me enough to read this. I blame all of you for me not starting this a year+ ago.

Column_sl

shitlord
Those are nice. I don't have any CGC-graded stuff, my most valuable book would probably my Stan Lee signed Amazing Spider-Man #41 if it wasn't in 'wiped ass with' condition. Even non-CGC it's probably worth more than anything else I've got just because of the signature. I could have paid to have that done at the time, but am enjoying comics more as a fan than a collector these days. First appearance of deadpool has shot up in value, should probably find that and make sure it's in good shape, lol.

Asked wife for this poster for my birthday this month. If Art Adams is ever at the Vegas comic con I'll probably take it to him to get it signed and then get it framed and stuff. Thing is a massive 66 1/4 x 50 5/16 and vinyl.

rrr_img_87197.jpg
I have the original print Arthur Adams made for this off his artwork. Its black and white, and is the same size as the artwork sent to the printer. It's absolutely huge, but a beautiful piece of art.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I have the original print Arthur Adams made for this off his artwork. Its black and white, and is the same size as the artwork sent to the printer. It's absolutely huge, but a beautiful piece of art.
Picture!

Edit - now that I think about it, you guys should add some of your valued stuff toGemr. Pretty cool site that lets you show off your collection and potentially sell it if you're looking to at some point. There are some pretty awesome finds on there comic book wise.

Here's one of theComic Book Clubson the site. Hopefully the URL is static. Browsing through the rest of the site has quite a bit of cool stuff too.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Marvel made the Vinyl print bigger (50x66) than the original art (33x44) that Adams sells (Original Sin 1:1 Vinyl | Arthur Adams), the B&W is a bit more collector-friendly too since he only made 200 of them, if I'm remembering some posts from the Fans of Art Adams Facebook group correctly.

Edit: Ah, and now they're selling the big vinyl version too, signed and numbered to boot.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
all new ultimates ended, to think there was a time i REALLY liked the ultimates, holy shit i want them to nega bomb that universe, there isn't a character there worth caring about and every artist assigned to that universe is D-list so you have janky art.
rrr_img_87979.jpg

Ok, it's not disgusting, just pedestrian, hell web comics produce better shit.

speaking of ultimate universe, miles morales, IDGF still, i think if Bendis didn't have the pull he does, this shitty title/character wouldn't exist anymore.

speaking of ugly art, xforce is back with that stupid korean artist, now i actually read a bit of manhwa (korean manga) so i'm not unfamiliar with "asian/korean" stylings, this is just ugly.
rrr_img_87980.jpg

I mean wtf is this shit?

Marvel starts off the new year with shit, not like DC is doing any better.

thank god for image and others picking up the slack.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus your random Deviantart artist would be better than that chicken scratch art. My brother and I always bitch about the third or fourth rate art teams they use sometimes. Sometimes it's insulting how bad the art is. lol