Coming 2 America (2021)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Coming 2 America (2021)

Genre: Comedy

Director: Craig Brewer

Cast: Eddie Murphy, James Earl Jones, Arsenio Hall, Jermaine Fowler, Shari Headley, Teyana Taylor, Michael Blackson, Louie Anderson, Paul Bates, Wesley Snipes, Leslie Jones, KiKi Layne, Rick Ross, John Amos, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Tracy Morgan, Rotimi, Nomzamo Mbatha, Garcelle Beauvais, Alannah Wilhite, Wizkid

Release: 2021-03-05

Plot: Former Prince Akeem Joffer is set to become King of Zamunda when he discovers he has a son he never knew about in America – a street savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honoring his royal father's dying wish to groom this son as the crown prince, Akeem and Semmi set off to America once again.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How would he have a son he didn’t know about? He didn’t sleep with anyone while In America?

It’s gonna turn out it’s Arsenios kid

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How would he have a son he didn’t know about? He didn’t sleep with anyone while In America?

It’s gonna turn out it’s Arsenios kid
Yea that's the going theory. Unless he hooked up with one of the nightclub girls but the next scene shows them walking home. Arsenio probably hooked up with Patrice (the sister).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
how is it possible that Samuel L Jackson isn't in this?

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
First movie was enormously fun. I really just hope they don't butcher this.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised James Earl Jones is in this. I figured he was only doing Vader / Mufasa voices because Disney would throw $$$ at him.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its 2020, eh why not. the first one was a classic with lots of energy. i dunno how much energy a 70 yr old Murphy brings to the table, but whatever.
e7a.jpg

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Eddie is only 59. People forget how young he was when he was the biggest star on the planet.

dude was like 33 when he peaked, banged a tranny and fell off the planet

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Eddie is only 59. People forget how young he was when he was the biggest star on the planet.

was only 22 when Delirious came out, dude had it nailed down early

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
23 when Beverly Hills Cop came out. He didn’t look it.

imagine one of the Paul fags trying to make that movie today. Or any 23 year old. Would be awful.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

yeah, i looked it up afterward. still 60ish or 70ish. we arent talking about a young prince here. he's gotta step it up some to make this thing work. i hope he can pull it off.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
yeah, i looked it up afterward. still 60ish or 70ish. we arent talking about a young prince here. he's gotta step it up some to make this thing work. i hope he can pull it off.

he desinitly has the energy. He’s owned anything he’s done lately either he same energy.

now keeping him motivated is a real problem.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
how is it possible that Samuel L Jackson isn't in this?

Yeah that's a good point as he was in the original before he made it big.

If anyone's unsure: He was the guy who tried to rob the burger joint and Eddie's character put him on the ground using a mop.

I would like to think he could be in a quick un-credited cameo.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hey found the scene, years since I watched this movie. It's a pretty good scene really.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey found the scene, years since I watched this movie. It's a pretty good scene really.

I may be wrong but I think that was like his first movie. The original was a classic. People forget that it takes place in the same movie universe as Trading Places. One of the best scenes is when he hands a wad of money to the homeless guys (Mortimer and Randolph) and Mortimer is like 'Randolph, we're back'. Also it wasn't until years later when I found out that Eddie is playing the old white guy in the barber shop.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database