Coming 2 America (2021)

Cybsled

Seems clear from that the daughter will end up being the ruler

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

They’re reversing the formula, so instead of kingdom in Queens, it’s Queens in the kingdom. Fish out of water is usually a reliable comedy concept, but I do hope the writing is on point

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They’re reversing the formula, so instead of kingdom in Queens, it’s Queens in the kingdom. Fish out of water is usually a reliable comedy concept, but I do hope the writing is on point
i was happy to see John Amos in there. if all black guys were like him i think we would have no racial problems in the world. he is very MAGA too.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You know what to do:

200.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just rewatched the first one last weekend. Stoked to watch the sequel this weekend.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
This was trash.

Remember! Rape is funny if it is a man being raped by a woman!

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just rewatched the first one last weekend, and it helped a lot because this was literally "if you were in the first one, you can be in this one!" nostalgia grab. The story was virtually identical to the first one except with the flip everyone already pointed out. As far as Rime's spoiler above, yeah you can catch them on that, but I'm just happy that they addressed the fact that the ENTIRE point of the first movie was that he DID NOT "sow his royal oats" when pursuing Lisa, so I was sort of annoyed that the premise of this movie was that, apparently, he did. I get the double standard involved with the explanation, and it is shitty that we're in this era where you and I both know it is bullshit that no one cares until it is the other way around, but I don't know how else they would have explained it without ruining the premise of the first movie. Have him unwittingly enter a sperm donation facility maybe? I'm just happy they gave a reason that I can at least accept might have happened.

Anyway, it was exactly what you expect it was going to be. Story is exactly what we all knew it was going to be. But the callbacks and cameos and shit were good enough to entertain me. Wesley Snipes was fucking awesome; he was in full on Demolition Man crazy over-the-top acting mode, and it made me laugh every time he was on screen. Leslie Wildebeast (I honestly forget her name all the time and just call her that) is one of my most hated actresses in all of Hollywood, and I still hated her, but she didn't ruin the movie for me either. She even had some funny lines. (Paraphrasing: "He could be your daddy. But you all know I wuz a ho." Nods from the family, "Yep, you wuz a ho.") I'd rather literally any other actress replace her, but given that didn't happen, it didn't ruin the movie for me.

There is 30 seconds of a black African prince/king of an isolated country returning to the barber shop after 30 years away and commenting on America's wonderful black President, and the black/Jew old men in the shop telling him everything has gone to shit and Nazi's, blah blah, but that is literally it in terms of wokeness. One of the old guys even opines how you can't just grab a woman's titties anymore, but that's ok, he got enough of that in when he was younger.

The only thing that stood out to me was the notable lack of the old Queen, Eddie's mother, so I had to look it up and saw that she died in 1995. That's a shame, because I liked her in the first movie, and like I said, if you had any size part in the first one, you were probably welcomed with open arms to be in this one. I didn't check, but I wouldn't be surprised if they even brought back people like the flower petal girls or some random guards.

If you can watch the first one today and still laugh a little, you will laugh at this one. If not, maybe pass on this, because it isn't anything new or amazing.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Very predictable, but it wasn't as if the first one wasn't as well. First one was just more fun than this one. I didn't feel like I wasted my time or anything watching it, but I won't be in some kind of hurry to rewatch it either.

Snipes was awesome though.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Void sums it up nicely. Not great, but not terrible.

The first movie was one of the best comedies ever made, so if you are going in with those kind of expectations, your going to have a bad time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This was alright. It has it's moments but pales in comparison to the first. You could pop the first one in every few years and laugh still but with the sequel i'll never watch it again. I mean watch it and enjoy it for what it is but it's no classic. There are a lot of fine ass women in this though.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It’s unfortunately a mess. I’ve seen the original probably 100 times or more, so it’s a nice dose of nostalgia I guess, but it’s pretty forgettable. I don’t think I’d ever watch it again. Cool to see the people again at any rate. It’s bad, but I’m glad they made it for the sake of it existing and seeing the characters, just wish it had a better plot.

• 1Like