Community

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really enjoyed the first two episodes. It does feel like community again.

However, I do miss Pierce a bit in the group dynamic. The one liners he has usually had me rolling.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm just working my way through this show, about halfway through the third season. And yeah, there's a pretty massive fall-off in quality evident in the third season. Dunno if you can blame it on writing, or if it's just a simple matter of the show getting stale because it's in such a limited environment.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm just working my way through this show, about halfway through the third season. And yeah, there's a pretty massive fall-off in quality evident in the third season. Dunno if you can blame it on writing, or if it's just a simple matter of the show getting stale because it's in such a limited environment.
Just skip S4. You won't miss anything.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just skip S4. You won't miss anything.
No, make him struggle through the pain like the rest of us!

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

Seriously though, you won't miss much. Also, if you can watch it while under similar-effects of a "gas leak", you might enjoy it more.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
wat
Abella XXX

(nsfw kinda?)
ask about childish gambino tickets after you try all the other things that come to mind
Welcome to Abella.xxx
Your username is The_boy314
The_boy314
You're ugly.
Abella
explain
The_boy314
cuz
Abella
k
The_boy314
Fatty.
Abella
aight
The_boy314
Shave your legs.
Abella
k
The_boy314
Faggot.
Abella
aight
The_boy314
That all you can say?
Abella
explain

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
This shows best episodes are just amazing. So much awesomeness packed into 22 minutes.

Azrayne

Episode was terrible, the show is way to self absorbed, and it's obvious they've run out of ideas for stories and are just reaching at this stage. The whole thing was absurd.

On the plus side, they brought Professor Duncan back.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You've gotta be trolling, right? That episode was great.

Wife and I laughed so damn hard at the Se7en reference when they were doing the library research. Maybe it's just so much watching suspense stuff but the references in the episode were spot on and top notch - only "bad" part was the Abed spiel did seem a bit to try hard and fail, which is odd for Abed.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Abed thing was making fun of TV shows and how they treat "genius" characters. Worked well for me because I readthis Cracked listliterally like an hour before watching the episode.

Episode was decent, but the ending sort of just petered out like they didn't know how to finish.

Vaclav

I'm aware what they were referencing - I just "got it" too early I think and it became unfunny before he was through the bit.

spronk

FPS noob
A LOT of crazy ass pop culture references, like Ben Folds was the botany professor, the Dear Boss letter was actually something Jack the Ripper wrote, the Se7en references as mentioned, the autistic genius rewalk goof, talking about jeff & annie like the way fan shippers do, etc. still, for all its zaniness I just didn't find the episode funny
frown.png
At least its climbing out of the shitpile season 4 was, and hopefully them finally killing Pierce off means they won't have to talk about him every goddamn episode.

I wonder how pissed Dan Harmon is that Community gets a 1.3 rating and like 3.5m viewers, meanwhile the Big Bang Theory (same timeslot) is at 5.6 rating and ... 20m viewers. 20 fucking million, wow! I was one of them too haha

Vorph

Community has been up against Big Bang Theory for most of the time it's been on the air. I can understand the ratings Community gets, especially after S03 and S04... but I will never understand Big Bang Theory's ratings. My personal opinion of the show's quality (I fucking hate it) aside, it should be just as much of a niche show as Community.

At any rate, I'm sure Harmon got used to that a long time ago.

Azrayne

You've gotta be trolling, right? That episode was great.

Wife and I laughed so damn hard at the Se7en reference when they were doing the library research. Maybe it's just so much watching suspense stuff but the references in the episode were spot on and top notch - only "bad" part was the Abed spiel did seem a bit to try hard and fail, which is odd for Abed.
Nope, not trolling. It got a bit better towards the end, but on the whole it was just a shitty episode. Felt like Dan Harmon went through old episodes trying to find a reference he hadn't developed then posted it on fucking reddit and said 'hey guys turn this into an episode and I'll film it.' The whole premise was retarded - parodies are one thing, but at least provide some kind of grounding link to the main reality of the show so it makes a modicum of sense.

Like the Yam episode - yeah Troy and Abed went overboard playing detectives, because thats what they do, but even below that layer there was a basic plot: their project was destroyed, they need to find out who did it. You could strip away the parody from that episode and it would still be a story, maybe not a great one, but it's still there. You strip away the parody from this episode and you have - some dude shoving coins down buttcracks? Why? What possible chain of events would lead to that happening, even somewhere as far removed from reality as greendale? Why would anyone care? How would that be traumatic? Obviously exaggeration is a part of humor, but there has to be something to exaggerate first, without that it just comes across as stupid. Hell, they could have used wedgies, or pantsing, it's a stupid and lame idea, but at least it's something that actually happens to people, that actually provides some real level of embarrassment which can then be exaggerated. The buttcrack thing just makes absolutely no sense on any level, at least if you aren't off your tits on whatever recreational pharmaceuticals the writing staff of this show are obviously enjoying.

The whole episode was a string of pointless parodies and meaningless references that the show is far, far too pleased with itself for including.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Community has been up against Big Bang Theory for most of the time it's been on the air. I can understand the ratings Community gets, especially after S03 and S04... but I will never understand Big Bang Theory's ratings. My personal opinion of the show's quality (I fucking hate it) aside, it should be just as much of a niche show as Community.

Syndication galore, having a long time producer with another hit show on the network, CBS vs NBC, TBBT has a trio of romance plots which play well with demographics Community ignores, etc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

That's an easy one. BBT gets better ratings because it has a laugh track (studio audience, same thing essentially)...so people know that's it's funny and when to laugh. Seriously, most people are that retarded. Sorry for stating the obvious.

I do find Sheldon entertaining, but most of the rest of the characters are pretty lame.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's an easy one. BBT gets better ratings because it has a laugh track (studio audience, same thing essentially)...so people know that's it's funny and when to laugh. Seriously, most people are that retarded. Sorry for stating the obvious.

I do find Sheldon entertaining, but most of the rest of the characters are pretty lame.
I actually get angry when I am forced to watch BBT, it's just so fucking bad. None of the jokes are ever even remotely funny. It's just fucking terrible. And yet I am frequently surprised that people I know and respect react with disbelief and disagreement when BBT comes up in conversation and I tell them that it might well be the worst successful TV show of all time. They think it's "cute" and shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I refuse to watch any show with a laugh track. It's just so grating. I can't even go back and watch old sitcoms like Seinfeld that include them.

And I agree with Azrayne about this episode. I figured they'd roll with Jeff and the "who cares about this?" thing, but they didn't. It's a ridiculous premise.