Computer Chair <$200

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ya'll are crazy if you order a chair you spend a great deal of time in without sitting in one first. I mean fuck I went through 3 furniture stores sitting on dozens of sofas before I found one that was comfortable and these werenot$200/seat.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah, totally man. I feel ya, lets put these chair peasants in their place. I went to shitloads of furniture stores, sitting in hundreds of chairs before I found this...
Osaki: OS-4000 A Zero Gravity Deluxe Massage Chair at TheMassageChair.com
It's not that at all. I've replaced $3500 chairs with $120 chairs because they were more comfortable. Point being everyone has different standards of cushion density/angles/depth/back height/vertical range/material breathability etc. You can't figure that shit out by reading 'oh yea man I love my chair buy it too'.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I sat on dozens and dozens of chairs. To me the most comfortable by far was some memory foam thing that was similar to what cripples use. Damn that thing was nice, but I think my ass was gonna melt if I had it there any longer (it didn't breath as I require).

I settled on a pretty nice mesh chair I got that is a knockoff of the aeron. For some reason I find it a bit more comfortable long term (I'm tall). The simple fact was though, when I found the chair that was right for me, I bought it, without thinking about price tag. If you're worried about cost of your office chair and you spend more than an hour a day in the thing, you're doing it wrong.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
I have this one and hate it. Hate. It. If you like to lean back at all and meet resistance when it is locked, the bar that does that eventually bends (took about 3 weeks for mine) and then the seat never sits up right, so you have to hunch forward.

I can, however, recommend the chair I bought to replace it:

Amazon.com - Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair - Office Chair

Had this one 5 months now, no problems and very comfortable.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I do think it's important to note the weight limits on these chairs - I don't want to see a Fedor post in the FSR thread about some fat fuck bitching his chair always breaks and how manufacturers discriminate against fat people.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know how anyone is going to have a real opinion on a chair from simply sitting in it either, you gotta put your time in a chair with your sitbones to really know, hence me asking for advice from people who have put a great deal of time into certain chairs. I'm about 6'1 so small chairs aren't ideal, but I don't work in IT anymore, so I'm only on my computer when I come home for a few hours at most. I would've spent a lot more money if I was still working from home, but basically now I just need one that won't flake within 3 months or have the spine break in two years from max lounging. So I guess durability is more of a concern than comfort. Right now I'm using a 'ghetto stool' ~aka a computer chair that begin to break and I removed the top from. I'm actually fine sitting in it and it's stopped me from lounging a lot, it just looks like shit

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
OK, I have a question about desk chairs in general. Why aren't they manufactured like seats in vehicles? They are much more comfortable and you never feel the metal rods/board sticking in your ass when the foam wears out because of their wire design in the bottom, is it because they would last too long or are people just retarded for not making them yet?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK, I have a question about desk chairs in general. Why aren't they manufactured like seats in vehicles? They are much more comfortable and you never feel the metal rods/board sticking in your ass when the foam wears out because of their wire design in the bottom, is it because they would last too long or are people just retarded for not making them yet?
Well, they do make them. One of the links earlier in the thread was a company that makes Recaro lookalikes... The problem is the posture that is comfortable to sit in a vehicle is different than using a computer.

As for the sitting in a chair, ham, that's silly. You cannot ensure satisfaction by testing them out in a store, but you can damn well eliminate a lot of bad ones.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've preferred an executive type office chair over a computer chair for almost 20 years. I draw using a digitizing table etc..and I found them very comfortable. I use a desk I built so I match the heath of the desk to the chair. Plus it's tall enough you can nap in it and nobody can tell if they walk up behind you and you get those side bolsters near your head to lean on.

Something similar to this. I got one used at an office liquidation store and have been buying them ever since.

Seven Seas Seating - Executive Seating_EC386-088-m.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well, they do make them. One of the links earlier in the thread was a company that makes Recaro lookalikes... The problem is the posture that is comfortable to sit in a vehicle is different than using a computer.

As for the sitting in a chair, ham, that's silly. You cannot ensure satisfaction by testing them out in a store, but you can damn well eliminate a lot of bad ones.
I understand they would have to make adjustments for posture, I'm just saying the design of the base in general. I sit for 12hrs a day at work and the chairs suck ass. Seems like the car base design would be much better in theory.

spronk

FPS noob

I bought this chair and it got delivered the next day, took 2 mins to assemble (no screws or anything). Cheap chair but it feels decent, my main office chair is an aeron but i needed a second chair since the kids are getting too big to sit on my lap. It sits way higher than aeron, as a 6'1" guy the back is just the right height. arms are decent, rocks back enough but also stays solid in front position. thanks for the link, hate to go shopping in stores for shit

once my aeron finally dies (10 years old!) i'll check out a dxracer, those look cool but also kinda gay with all the colors and shit

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have this one and hate it. Hate. It. If you like to lean back at all and meet resistance when it is locked, the bar that does that eventually bends (took about 3 weeks for mine) and then the seat never sits up right, so you have to hunch forward.

Had this one 5 months now, no problems and very comfortable.
To each their own I guess, also I switched the black dividers on the mesh chair which made the seat part much more comfy. Been leaning back for months and the bar is still just fine.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Now all you need is someone who's into scat so they can be underneath. That way you don't have to clean up!