Computer Issues

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What keyboard is it? I had a problem with a keyboard a long time ago (wired) that did the same thing you're saying. It turned out that the manufacturer gave it a really small buffer and it was constantly getting filled and overflowing and crashing. It would recover really slow and lag like you're saying.

Its just a wireless logitech keyboard/mouse combination. Keyboard is the K520 and mouse is the M310. When this first started happening, I tried swapping keyboards too, same model in the building, same issue.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It'sd be interesting to see if that particular receiver/KB does the same thing on another PC that isn't a surface

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Well, so far, it may be the docking station. I've not had any of the latency issues yet since moving the receiver straight to the surface.

• 1Imbecile

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What keyboard is it? I had a problem with a keyboard a long time ago (wired) that did the same thing you're saying. It turned out that the manufacturer gave it a really small buffer and it was constantly getting filled and overflowing and crashing. It would recover really slow and lag like you're saying.
which manufacturer?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having some super dumb problem here on my wife's computer. When she hits Prnt scrn, the screenshot is immediately sent to the actual printer and printed out, no questions asked. How do I turn this off? The screenshot was also sent to the clipboard. I couldn't find anything in the HP app settings that enabled/disabled that kind of behaviour.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I'm having some super dumb problem here on my wife's computer. When she hits Prnt scrn, the screenshot is immediately sent to the actual printer and printed out, no questions asked. How do I turn this off? The screenshot was also sent to the clipboard. I couldn't find anything in the HP app settings that enabled/disabled that kind of behaviour.

Try tapping the control keys with some extra force to make sure they aren’t stuck. Also can use the Snipping app to capture selections of the screen if you don’t need the whole desktop.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the keyboard is out of the box new and in perfect condition. Logitech K740. Didn't notice any issues with it yet. I've just reconnected the old kb again, the same behaviour takes place.

I know I can use workarounds to take screenshots, but the thing is whenever you accidentally hit the prnt scrn key, it does a colored printout of the entire desktop and I just don't want to pay HP blood money for that kind of waste.

Are you sure she didn't install something? Thats not a native feature

we both have the HP Smart App installed on our computers. but I couldn't find it in the settings for that. Also, it doesn't do that on my computer. But that might be because I have Greenshot on my computer.

Update: I figured it out, it's that stupid program Hardcopy which she insists on using. Figured it out by taking out the paper from the printer so the order would stay in the queue, pressed PRNT SCRN and it gave the name of the program that initiated the print job in the print queue

update2: found the settings, which are actually well designed and really nice. You can do a lot of things with various prnt scrn commands, such as setting alt + prnt to take a screenshot of your current window and immediately saving it to a specific location. But I just can't get over how much I dislike setting the default mode of prnt screen to straight print out the screenshot on a physical printer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Greenshot is funny because until you explained it I would've said wait greenshot can also printscreen to the printer

Who the hell would want that

• 1Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Greenshot is funny because until you explained it I would've said wait greenshot can also printscreen to the printer

Who the hell would want that

Someone who thought, "Why doesn't this PRINT SCREEN button print the screen?"

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Not exactly a PC issue, more a software one.

I generally stopped using Facebook years ago, however I still use it to talk to family & friends via messenger.

Recently they added some stupid keyboard shortcut feature that pisses me right the fuck off, and there's no way of turning it off. If the page is in focus, it fucks with everything. When I'm sitting at home, it used to be far easier to have a tab open on one screen and chat there, rather than juggle between PC & phone.

Anyone with an easy solution? Pretty much fed up with this FB shit, and gonna start telling these people to just text/call me. The idea is supposed to be convenience, not fucking with shit that worked fine before.

I use Firefox, but shouldn't matter as it's a new FB "feature"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't even use Facebook on my PC anymore because I'd like to know what dumbfuck didn't test what it looks like on resolutions higher than 480p
Inked96011844_10157459319557532_1330192367034040320_o_LI.jpg

Edited Out Self Dox: You are welcome Noodle...or should I say Arnold Schwarzenegger ~Oblio

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I don't even use Facebook on my PC anymore because I'd like to know what dumbfuck didn't test what it looks like on resolutions higher than 480p
View attachment 269279

Edited Out Self Dox: You are welcome Noodle...or should I say Arnold Schwarzenegger ~Oblio
Hot dogs in unusual places. Hmm maybe facebook isn't all bad. Sounds like a thread from SS.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Why is iCloud a flaming pile of garbage? 2019 mbp and 2020 iPad pro. Sync issues galor. Now they won't even sync.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Diffnetly either something overheating(could also be a RAM module not seated properly/or something is on the connectors blocking certain channels, check everything!), power supply not providing enough to the 12v rail, power supply dieing or the power rectifier on the motherboard is dieing(Do you have lots of power outages were you live? that can cause that.)

Revisiting this. I've been working a lot and not playing anything on my personal PC. But I started again and so this became a problem to solve. Now. I can confirm that the crashing only occurs when I am playing anything graphic intensive.

So its either overheating or the notoriety of AMD being AMD (Radeon RX Vega 64 GPU because it was quite cheap compared to others when I bought it).

That said. I can buy that it is possibly an overheating issue... I guess. But this never happened when I was running an nVidia and my home PC has been in the exact same spot for 6 years. But it is Texas and I keep my house pretty hot at 81F in the Summer. I replaced my PC fans as they were all also 7 years old and their motors were wearing out. Is there a better way to cool stuff that doesn't involve rebuilding my entire PC case setup?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's the number of fans and orientation of them in your case?

If you open hwinfo what's the idle temp on cpu and GPU?

If you load a game what do the temps look like then?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's the number of fans and orientation of them in your case?

If you open hwinfo what's the idle temp on cpu and GPU?

If you load a game what do the temps look like then?

Using it right now its 32C inside the case. If my 7 year old therm thing is right.

Okay ignore my retardation. That thing is wrong.

1589459027859.png

Pretty fucking hot in there.

Last edited: