Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I use a Logitech g pro wireless and love it but the g hub is terrible. Wonder if the glorious wireless mouse has AIDS software

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I never had issues with iCue but only had a keyboard not a mouse. G Hub is awful compared to iCue but the actual keyboard is hands down the best I've had.

Argarth

On the verandah
All mouse software is AIDS

Ain't that the truth!
I can tolerate G HUB because it mostly stays out of my way, actually works pretty well (mouse & kb) and hardly uses any CPU.

Unfortunately I had to re-install Razer Synapse (for my Tartarus V2) because the open source solution I was using wasn't reliable. I died a little inside after that. =(

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had that issue as well and just disabled GSYNC for now, the 3080 should power most games comfortably right now anyways with no Gsync. Doing that also fixed this odd little stutter/freeze in Genshin Impact that seems to only be affecting 3080's... Early adopter "tax" as usual.
Ok I tried out a new monitor, new display port from amazon and this shit is still doing this on even a 1080ti. I mean I could revert back several updates but I wanted Nvidias new patch. I can turn monitor on and off and it goes away until I of course start up a new app.

Is there any reason to have the GSYNC on? I can't really tell a difference with it on and off and I got everything on ULTRA in Warzone, and other new games.

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
Ok I tried out a new monitor, new display port from amazon and this shit is still doing this on even a 1080ti. I mean I could revert back several updates but I wanted Nvidias new patch. I can turn monitor on and off and it goes away until I of course start up a new app.

Is there any reason to have the GSYNC on? I can't really tell a difference with it on and off and I got everything on ULTRA in Warzone, and other new games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You the man
giphy.gif

So far so good. I am still happy I got a new display port too.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New computer won't wake from sleep on mouse or keyboard. I went through device manager and checked allow to wake from sleep for both. Still nothing. Any other ideas?

Argarth

On the verandah
New computer won't wake from sleep on mouse or keyboard. I went through device manager and checked allow to wake from sleep for both. Still nothing. Any other ideas?

I would try disabling USB Selective Suspend in your power profile, and then turn off power saving for all USB Hub/Controllers as well. Your ms/kb might be deep sleeping too.

1601724374710.png
1601724754087.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Probable unlikely but it could be some bios setting, if the above doesn't work.

Borzak

Yeah I had gone through all of that before hand. I don't see anything in the bios. Pretty sure it's not my ancient kb/mouse going to sleep since it's just a mouse that is it. Gonna play around with it some more, try another usb and see if it does the same.

Borzak

Has generic mouse and keyboard in the list and the ones I'm actually using. Both set to not allow system to shutdown to save power and allow to wake after sleep. No luck.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Has generic mouse and keyboard in the list and the ones I'm actually using. Both set to not allow system to shutdown to save power and allow to wake after sleep. No luck.
When I built mine months back I had to enable usb wakeup in bios as the keyboard and mouse are use and not the port kind. Then I had to enable keyboard wake up. Both in bios advanced for me.

Borzak

Got it, just had to dig deep enough in bios. Like 4 layers deep and I had it set to BIOS decide on when to wake, switched to OS and like 14 things below it came up finally. So easy to see lol...

Thanks more annoying than anything else. Power button is within reach just years of moving the mouse.

So far that's been the only hiccup in my new build. Been a long time since I built one. Well this and somehow I disconnected my monitor when I put it on my desk and I was like "hmmm not booting" that was an easy fix.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Got it, just had to dig deep enough in bios. Like 4 layers deep and I had it set to BIOS decide on when to wake, switched to OS and like 14 things below it came up finally. So easy to see lol...

Thanks more annoying than anything else. Power button is within reach just years of moving the mouse.

So far that's been the only hiccup in my new build. Been a long time since I built one. Well this and somehow I disconnected my monitor when I put it on my desk and I was like "hmmm not booting" that was an easy fix.
I get it. My new build sits on a PC shelf under a glass desk, the new case is only 1/2 inch from reaching the glass. Thankfully it sits off the side so only the power button is very hard to reach and the usb ports and top fans are clear. It was however why fixing my wakeup with key a big issue for me to solve and while mine wasn't 4 layers deep it was several. Assuming most people probably use sleep these days, it seemed odd for a gaming motherboard advanced enough to have 4.0 pcie

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ Interesting. I've got no such settings in my x470 BIOS, only the good old standard wake-on-lan. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the next build.

Borzak

Yeah I have all my auto sleep stuff off and put it to sleep instead of off, just a habit to hit the mouse since my computer used to be below my table. Just behind the monitor now.

Under advanced was usb options which I thought it would be under, then sleep options let bios or OS take care of it, under BIOS had keyboard or mouse and a couple of options for each of those. Pretty plain I just wasn't looking there.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One issue I'm having

Win 10, primary monitor via display port, 1440p. Secondary monitor over HDMI, 1080p. HDR Enabled in Windows

When waking from being asleep, the primary monitor brightness is at about 50%. I have to disable/enable HDR and the brightness is back to normal. What the hell could it be?