Computer Issues

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What is OS is your server running on? If you're on windows you can just log in to it by double clicking the icon in the notification area. Otherwise you log in by going to the network ip address of the machine it's running on.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What is OS is your server running on? If you're on windows you can just log in to it by double clicking the icon in the notification area. Otherwise you log in by going to the network ip address of the machine it's running on.

Windows, I'll try that later.

Hekotat

Here's what happens when I click on it. Same as before, it can't find the server and it's clearly running.

Edit: I have done all the troubleshooting tips under "Where's my server". Only items that pop up under devices is the web browser.

Plex.JPG

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Here's what happens when I click on it. Same as before, it can't find the server and it's clearly running.

Edit: I have done all the troubleshooting tips under "Where's my server". Only items that pop up under devices is the web browser.

View attachment 169211

Is Is Plex Media Server actually running when you check task manager? Otherwise I'm at a loss.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, TWC / Spectrum in my area has been shitting the bed but I don't know if it's my modem or their service:

Code:
Tue Jul 10 19:01:22 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:01:59 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:03:29 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:03:54 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:05:09 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:05:33 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:06:20 2018    5    RCS Partial Service; 
Tue Jul 10 19:06:42 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:07:31 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:07:55 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:11:26 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:12:19 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:14:00 2018    3    Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:14:25 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:15:01 2018    5    RCS Partial Service; 
Tue Jul 10 19:15:06 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; 
Tue Jul 10 19:15:31 2018    5    RCS Partial Service; 
Tue Jul 10 19:17:47 2018    3    No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;

Happens on repeat through the day since about Friday.

Hekotat

Is Is Plex Media Server actually running when you check task manager? Otherwise I'm at a loss.

I figured it out. I guess when they changed to the new secure login system I still had another account tied to this PLEX server. Took me about 3 days of trying different passwords til I was able to get in and remove it.

Now I just need to figure out why it's not detecting the server on my TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

bleh. new one is clicking too.

ups needed to charge, so I placed it in another room. (im not sure if that outlet was the same fuse or not.)
It charged for a day, with no sound. (in hindsight, plugged in, but not powered on.)

As soon as I plugged it into the Office outlet, it clicked. and has been doing so periodically since.

This is the best explanation I can find.
APC BE750G-UPS 750VA 10 Outlet making clicking noise

Internal relay, from the UPS trimming unstable power.
"An additional sound that the Smart-UPS may produce is a clicking sound. The Smart-UPS will make a clicking sound when the when the UPS is enabling AVR Boost or AVR Trim. AVR Boost is when the UPS uses the internal transformer to decrease input voltage which may be too high. When the UPS switches to use this transformer, an internal relay makes a clicking sound. This is a normal operation of the UPS reacting to too-high, or too-low voltage. "

NEW ups has a display, and it reads 121v consistently.. even during these events. no events are being recorded..
new one has a sensitive, option. but is already set to medium. "low" is not recommended for PC use..
Also has a AVR display... which also is not showing anything.

Big question is why my outlet is suddenly not providing stable power. fuse or outlet problem?
or, do I start powering off the ups at night? or, do I stick the thing into a sound proofed box?
update on this...

at some point since this, the new ups stopped doing the clicking. End result:I have no idea. unstable power stablized? new ups just had to get worn in or something?
new ups has powerpanel usb status reports, monitering everything. at no point during the clicking did it actually report power issues. over/under voltage, regulation, etc. not once.

I have not tried plugging the old UPS back in and see it its quiet now too.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Windows 10 was constantly crashing usually with Firefox open. Uninstalled a lot of programs, ran some spyware programs, came back later and now my pc won't boot into Windows - just a blue choose your keyboard layout then "troubleshoot" or "turn off your pc"

Into troubleshoot and none of the start up repair or restore options work

Can't boot into safe mode or figure out how

Don't have my work laptop here but hoping I could make a start up USB from it?

Dunno what else to do

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Sounds like dying hard drive, but I'm not an expert

funny you say that - when this first started happening windows would crash, reboot and say "No OS found", it would usually take a couple of restarts or going into the bios to set the correct boot drive (ssd)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
can anyone tell me why i have 5 steam webhelpers running? whenever i close them out they jus pop back up instantly

Untitled.png

Restart

<Banned>
I’m having a problem with my internet as of 2 days ago. I’m in Canada using Rogers. Gigabyte connection, Have the hitron Coda-4582u modem. 4 computers and 4 phones on wireless all used to run flawlessly. Swapped out the modem same problem persists so they have a tech coming out in a few days. They ran some tests and say everything is showing fine from there end.

I’ve tried
- resetting the modem to factory default.
- unplugging all cables and power cords from the modem and pc side.
- logged into the modem control panel and disabled the connections and enabled them.

I’m not really good at this. And if everything is fine on there side I assume it must be on my end? Does anybody have any ideas I could try to maybe get up and running and not having to wait a few days for my isp to get out here. I have shit to do and my phone browser is already pissing me off :(

Oh forgot to say the problem is I’m getting next to no connection now. Used to be 100-300 MB’s down per device give or take, as it stands now I’m lucky if I can open a google search in under 10 minutes

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How long has this been occurring? Do they have a Twitter account you can message to ping your location? I solved a lot of problems with Time Warner using their Twitter that was infinitely faster than dealing with their idiot phone reps.

It could honestly be something as dumb as the power cable to the modem, but could be a local interconnect hub having issues that they'd need an on-site tech to investigate. If you're the only one having issues (unlikely), then it could be a cable running to your house. It froze and broke connections or a moose attacked the hub box...

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Am I correct assuming the modem is a combo modem/router? If so I would highly suggest getting a separate router whenever you can. Are any of the PCs on a wired connection? If so does the problem persist when everything is disconnected from wifi and there are only wired connections?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So I reinstalled Windows 10 and I'm still getting the BSOD with "critical process died" but not as frequently as before, usually when browsing with firefox.

But more annoyingly, since the reinstall - there's nothing visible on my LG TV during the boot sequence - just "no signal" on the TV then the windows screen. Before I could see the bios options, windows logo etc.

Any ideas?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I reinstalled Windows 10 and I'm still getting the BSOD with "critical process died" but not as frequently as before, usually when browsing with firefox.

But more annoyingly, since the reinstall - there's nothing visible on my LG TV during the boot sequence - just "no signal" on the TV then the windows screen. Before I could see the bios options, windows logo etc.

Any ideas?

Have you tried any hardware changes? Going down to 1 stick of ram and swapping them in an out. Pulling extra hard drives, installing windows on to a different hard drive, if you're on an intel CPU using the integrated gpu instead of your video card? Hard to tell what is going on without more information about what is crashing.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Have you tried any hardware changes? Going down to 1 stick of ram and swapping them in an out. Pulling extra hard drives, installing windows on to a different hard drive, if you're on an intel CPU using the integrated gpu instead of your video card? Hard to tell what is going on without more information about what is crashing.

It was more the no signal during boot i was hoping to fix, but admittedly this critical process died crash isn't going away