Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is that idle????

That GPU is overheating in games without you even having to test. Most throttle around 80-88C

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can repaste thermal paste on gpus really easy.

My guess is they did a shit pasting job OR they forgot some thermal pads which you can also replace.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is that idle????

That GPU is overheating in games without you even having to test. Most throttle around 80-88C

No I was playing low intensity hearthstone.

totally idle was like 50C. I waited an hour and looked again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If anything is blatantly fucked up here. Please ridicule me so I can see the error of my ways. As this is annoying.

IMG_20200514_080013.jpg

IMG_20200514_080018.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not 100% sure on the different fans but are all those fans intakes?

You'd ideally want the front ones to intake air and top/back to exhaust

Also not sure I've ever seen fans put on the HDD cages like that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sole

Molten Core Raider
Is the HDD enclosure modular? It looks like you can manipulate it in the pic, and if you can you want those fans facing the front of the case I'd think. More mobo space, better airflow, shouldn't have to rearrange too much. Might be worth a shot.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Only the fans on the actual case wall are the ones I replaced. The HDD fan came with it like that and it still worked so I didn't touch it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What are the temps like if you leave it open? It should be getting plenty of air without the panel on.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess the first thing I am going to do is move it to the otherside of my desk. House faces North South and my office is on the west side. It's not too near the window but I guess moving it totally away from the window can't hurt. I'll change the direction of the top case fans though.

They are these ones:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Check fans are all blowing in correct direction's, 1 direction for all fans you don't want the fans "pushing" hot air back in, That would be my #1 concern with it ... any other solution would be a new case(With more air flow sense you like too keep you're house warm.), or time for Water Cooling ..

PS: Quarantine sucks =/ fuq...

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Check fans are all blowing in correct direction's, 1 direction for all fans you don't want the fans "pushing" hot air back in, That would be my #1 concern with it ... any other solution would be a new case(With more air flow sense you like too keep you're house warm.), or time for Water Cooling ..

PS: Quarantine sucks =/ fuq...

If I went with water cooling. Should I cool the CPU or GPU or what?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cleaned everything. Moved PC to otherside of my desk (away from window)

Played Pathfinder Kingmaker for an hour here.

1589534867762.png1589534894468.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Water cooling is a pretty extreme solution. I think most AIO coolers.are only CPU but maybe they have ones for GPU too. If you went custom water cooling then you should do both.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Played some stuff for like 2 hours and it stayed pretty solidly around 65-75 GPU/CPU. When I stopped playing it's back down to 55-65....

This seems pretty normal to me. I am leaning towards the cause of this is because my case was quite close to the window and at 5PM the sun setting into it just makes the room and the PC super hot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played some stuff for like 2 hours and it stayed pretty solidly around 65-75 GPU/CPU. When I stopped playing it's back down to 55-65....

This seems pretty normal to me. I am leaning towards the cause of this is because my case was quite close to the window and at 5PM the sun setting into it just makes the room and the PC super hot.

It could be, I've never really seen that but it sounds like overheating from everything you said

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll play deep rock galactic for a few hours tonight and see if it crashes. Like it did the other day. If it doesn't. then solution found.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you haven't yet, take it outside and blast out that dust with an air compressor, may not look like a lot but that can build up and add to the heat pretty quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Both would be pretty easy too find solutions for , you could probably even find a single loop setup for it.

You would still have problems though I think, even with water cooling..

PC's need lower temps overall it's just the nature of the beast, they don't do great in high temp situations at all, even the stuff that is designed for high heat fails ALOT..

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Both would be pretty easy too find solutions for , you could probably even find a single loop setup for it.

You would still have problems though I think, even with water cooling..

PC's need lower temps overall it's just the nature of the beast, they don't do great in high temp situations at all, even the stuff that is designed for high heat fails ALOT..

Well keeping my house 68 degrees in Texas summer is just not realistic. That'd be like $350 a month and I am cheap.

Last edited: