Computer Issues

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got Dell 3007WFP from work for telecommuting. I know it's ancient, but the first look is pretty good. 2560x1600 resolution which is precisely what I need for work.

However, it only runs 1280x800 resolution in Windows 10. I'm using a HDMI to DVI cable into the WD-15 Dell dock. It's Dual link, which is about the only issue I managed to google on the fly (and people had that problem *a lot*)
Anyone an idea where else the problem might be? I have a i5-10210u, which is 4k capable.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Noodleface Noodleface Did you try the USB switch yet? I have been debating trying that as well so I am interested in your findings. I have a DAC and Focusrite hooked up to my PC, but would also like to be able to use my audio equipment with my MAC.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Zero reason it wouldn't work, at most you would need to power cycle it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got Dell 3007WFP from work for telecommuting. I know it's ancient, but the first look is pretty good. 2560x1600 resolution which is precisely what I need for work.

However, it only runs 1280x800 resolution in Windows 10. I'm using a HDMI to DVI cable into the WD-15 Dell dock. It's Dual link, which is about the only issue I managed to google on the fly (and people had that problem *a lot*)
Anyone an idea where else the problem might be? I have a i5-10210u, which is 4k capable.
just plug that shit right into the monitor

i had the same issues w/ my wifes dell when covid started, had to bypas the dock

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
unfortunately that didn't do it
make sure your hdmi cable isn't some old pos too then. some work for 4k, some don't, newer hdmi2 cable def work. half the cables in my house are hdmi1 capable only.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
QUESTION:

I need to print a lot of 8.5x11 full color fliers. I want them to look great like I had them professionally printed. What printer should I purchase for this? Laser or Ink jet? Any specific recommendations? Thank you my internet friends.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
make sure your hdmi cable isn't some old pos too then. some work for 4k, some don't, newer hdmi2 cable def work. half the cables in my house are hdmi1 capable only.
You know what, I sort of forgot about that...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is from a 2017 guide.
1604736488575.png

Am I right in assuming that these menus are no longer part of Win10 2004? because I just can't find them anymore.

Fucker

Log Wizard
QUESTION:

I need to print a lot of 8.5x11 full color fliers. I want them to look great like I had them professionally printed. What printer should I purchase for this? Laser or Ink jet? Any specific recommendations? Thank you my internet friends.

Have a print shop do it and save $.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This is from a 2017 guide.
View attachment 315919

Am I right in assuming that these menus are no longer part of Win10 2004? because I just can't find them anymore.

They are still there. click start menu then type in control panel and open that, then Hardware and Sound > manage audio devices

If you have multiple devices you use also go to properties > advanced and uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" for all of the devices

EDIT I am on Win 10 Pro ver2004

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have multiple devices you use also go to properties > advanced and uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" for all of the devices

What does this do? It's checked on all my devices.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If an application takes exclusive control of the device other applications can't use it. It's typically not an issue but some apps out there still do it which is annoying as fuck when they do and your not getting sound from something you are expecting to have sound

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

twas all for naught

no matter which combination we tried, it wouldn't do.

Only a native DVI out from a video card provided the full resolution.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kind of a weird issue I’ve never seen before. I bought a 120hz tv for a main monitor to replace my 60hz. I have a 27” acer off to the side for a second monitor.

Previously I’d have websites, iTunes, etc pulled up on the side monitor and play games on the main, have 3d software pulled up, etc. I turn them both off while leaving the pc on, walk away and when I come back later everything was exactly as I left it.

Now when I come back and turn the monitors back on everything that I had on the side monitor has jumped to the main monitor. I’m not sure if I changed some windows setting inadvertently while setting up the resolution and stuff on the new tv or what.

Anyone know how to fix this? It’s annoying.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Kind of a weird issue I’ve never seen before. I bought a 120hz tv for a main monitor to replace my 60hz. I have a 27” acer off to the side for a second monitor.

Previously I’d have websites, iTunes, etc pulled up on the side monitor and play games on the main, have 3d software pulled up, etc. I turn them both off while leaving the pc on, walk away and when I come back later everything was exactly as I left it.

Now when I come back and turn the monitors back on everything that I had on the side monitor has jumped to the main monitor. I’m not sure if I changed some windows setting inadvertently while setting up the resolution and stuff on the new tv or what.

Anyone know how to fix this? It’s annoying.
I've had this problem for quite some time as well, if you find a solution let me know. It's annoying as fuck

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I did figure out that shit stays on the second monitor until I turn the new TV back on. Once it fully boots it pulls everything to it. Haven’t figured out wtf for but made a little progress.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Got one here for you I'd throw out. Have a new rig for CP2077 with an RTX 3070 / Ryzen 3600 / ASUS X570 MB / EVGA 750W power supply, everything new. Everything POSTed up on first boot and I started a fresh install of Win 10. Walked away and either the install failed or card died on reboot; no display output and machine won't POST anymore. Got install complete with an old 460TX so everything has new drivers and works. Still can't POST with the 3070.

At first I suspected the Win 10 build, then maybe a BIOS/UEFI setting. I think I've exhausted all those lines of effort and opened up a ticket for an RMA. Anything I might have missed?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got one here for you I'd throw out. Have a new rig for CP2077 with an RTX 3070 / Ryzen 3600 / ASUS X570 MB / EVGA 750W power supply, everything new. Everything POSTed up on first boot and I started a fresh install of Win 10. Walked away and either the install failed or card died on reboot; no display output and machine won't POST anymore. Got install complete with an old 460TX so everything has new drivers and works. Still can't POST with the 3070.

At first I suspected the Win 10 build, then maybe a BIOS/UEFI setting. I think I've exhausted all those lines of effort and opened up a ticket for an RMA. Anything I might have missed?
make sure youre not under powered

3080 a 750 is the MIN, you can get away with a 750 w/ a 3070... but who knows

unplug all your hard drives and whatever is sucking volts then test out.