Conan Exiles

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it also had the best Twinking.

But then I leveled two characters through the Shadowlands Knowledge grind. By the time the keeper hit cap I was pretty much burned out on that shit forever.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh fuck please yes. repurposing old MMOs as open world survival games w/ crafting is a great idea and comes at a fraction of the cost. it's a very ingenious way of breathing life into them. maybe we will see more of that? building content, raids and quests doesn't scale.

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
So according to the trailer after 6 months of development the game is already at the point where:

- You can build and destroy stuff
- Harvest
- Fight (+fatalities)
- Sacrifice others
- Animals and some monsters are in
- It's got some pretty nasty weather effects

Yet Early Access won't start for another 3 months. If anything this actually fills me with some hope about the game. Because no doubt there are companies who would've already released it in its current state, since the core survival stuff is already there. I seriously hope the devs at Funcom will take their time, polish up the game and won't rush things.

Here are the new screenshots.

Cybsled

So is this going to be an actual MMO, or is this pretty much Conan Dayz:Epoch/ARK/H1Z1?

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
It's the latter. 100 players per server (or at least that's what they're currently aiming for).

BTW they did a Reddit AMA earlier this week (pretty much right after the trailer release). So I went ahead and asked them a question.

Question:
I know that this is very much a survival game and PVP is a key element of that. But will players be able to ignore the PvPing (to a certain degree) and just slay monsters, explore and adventure? I guess what I'm asking is how much PvE can we expect in the game (other than hunting for food, materials etc.)? Will there be any supernatural (fantasy) monsters? Undead, mystical beasts etc. Basically mobs that fit the Conan lore.

Joel Bylos (Creative Director):
Public and private servers, so you can play alone if you like. My creative vision for the game falls somewhere between Ark and Skyrim - a world that preexisted and filled with NPC factions - who you beat to death and then build your own kingdom on their ashes. There are supernatural creatures, you shall see.

Ark and Skyrim huh? Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Linkto the full AMA, for anyone who's interested.

error

Molten Core Raider
Didn't see any other threads on this. So, early access Jan 31. Newer vid. I liked ARK and I'm as a Conan fan, well, I'll be playing at some point. Question is, to early access or to not early access.

p.s. might want to move this out of MMO.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Looks interesting. Might give it a try. Funcom usually gives me pretty amazing gameplay/ideas, but always seems to fudge up the infrastructure side, so usually worth my money.

I had a absolute blast in AO once they fixed the server problems @launch(took them way too long thouhg) and that game did a lot of things first with pretty amazing depth. AoC I never really got into much, think I was pretty deep in another game at the time. I did have fun a lot of in Secret World.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I played AoC about as much as I played WoW which is a lot, stuck with Dark Templar far longer then I should have thinking they will eventually fix them, they never did so I switched to bear shaman and never looked back.

This game could be amazing but it is Funcom so it will be a game with some great ideas and fun elements executed so poorly to ruin the experience. It is like their mission statement or something.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I am pretty intrigued by the host your own servers/mod tools to create your own content. Has potential, hopefully it's executed well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's FunCom, you're getting horrible performance issues. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This actually looks like it could be decent, I'm more interested in a co-op survival vs straight pvp style. AoC Minecraft basically would be pretty sweet. As long as they fix my female HoX to not have slower attack speed.

Oldbased

> Than U
With 1k hours in ARK and almost 1700 hours in Rust, I am highly looking forward to Conan Exiles.
Being Funcom almost killed my interest but hey, here is wishful thinking!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I love the Conan world, but dislike these type of multiplayer online game (character progression can be easily reset by restarting server)

Oldbased

> Than U
I love the Conan world, but dislike these type of multiplayer online game (character progression can be easily reset by restarting server)
It is coming with server client so you'll be able to solo skyrim( or lan/friend only it ) yourself. Also they said they changed their minds on the 30 day wipe. Only for some pvp ruleset now so you get months or so between wipes. Appears it will be more like ARK in that regard than say Rust.