Conan Exiles

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you gents that have bought the game or played it let me know if you recommend it? I grew up reading the Conan stories, and would love to get back into this universe.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This might be one of the first times I spend the extra money to get a premium edition of a game. Still waiting til tomorrow to buy most likely to watch some more streams, but I'm impressed with this package.

lol @ age of conan mount tho

ElxOX4z.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Their CM on reddit said they will not be supporting Linux servers at early access, so it is possible it is coming eventually. Who knows when though.

Oldbased

> Than U
You can play single player( host self or friends if you like ) without having a dedicated box.
Admin'd my way to the top after learning the basics to see complexity and there is quite a bit of advancement and things going on.
Combat is clunky though and the world is pretty unforgiving, especially if alone. I'd put initial survival beyond everything Rust/ARK with exception to the ARK expansion in the desert. It is sort of brutal.
If you don't die to thirst/hunger you will to various npc factions/players/tougher creatures as getting established and resources built to make armor/weapons capable of defending yourself will be rough.
On public servers which are all overloaded atm and lagging due to popular day 1 it is a bloodfest.
I've run into a few small bugs, namely the thirst/hunger on death sometimes carrying over and killing you again that was annoying.

This is day 1 of a EA game so I hope Funcom will continue to put resources into making it great, but for now unless you do it SP or host friends, or have a private server to keep the mass army of Russian overlords off, I would suggest waiting. If you do want a sandbox Conan world or have the host/private server laid out, I say go for it.

We'll see where development leads.

FunCom will never learn... They keep trying to make MMO's and they will keep failing because they don't have any money. Their dad needs to cut them off and make them learn how to live like a grown up.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
FunCom will never learn... They keep trying to make MMO's and they will keep failing because they don't have any money. Their dad needs to cut them off and make them learn how to live like a grown up.
Says the die hard MOAR BROWN Brad/Vanguard 2 shill faggot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Conan exiles isnt an MMO. Its a Rust clone. Neither are an MMO.

Game looks fun as fuck tho. Dragging around slaves is pretty lulz.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, definitely not an MMO. Just a typical survival game which if you dislike one you'll probably dislike them all.

unrelated: when looking at twitch earlier every single thumbnail for streams had naked people in them lmao, I clicked one and dude was swimming around with zoomed in vag shots. nice. game might be worth the money.

Cybsled

Well, that is half the point of Conan. If your character doesn't look like a Boris Vallejo painting, you're doing it wrong.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

ha. I have yet to play any of these. Ark, rust, DayZ. What is the genre called? first person survival?
Which is the best? genre seems to quickly have been saturated.
GMG is 20% off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They're all early release and I don't like that. But I am intrigued after watching the stream. Will consider buying because I love Conan.

Cybsled

Depends what you like

If you like sci-fi, Empyrion is probably the best one
7 Days to Die is pretty good if you like zombie survival

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't lie to people, none of them are "pretty good". Every single one of the multiplayer survival games falls in to the "barely functional" category. Like, they work enough that you can make your own fun in them sometimes, but they they are all otherwise complete dumpster fires. Combat is ass in all of them, performance is ass in all of them, physics are ass in all of them, etc etc.

There is some fun to be had in them if you just want to wrangle some bros together and go make murder, but let's not pretend any of these games are even bordering on "good".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Cook faster meat! Hurry hurry hurry dead.

Water! I'm saved! (dies of thirst standing in it)

Caliane

Don't lie to people, none of them are "pretty good". Every single one of the multiplayer survival games falls in to the "barely functional" category. Like, they work enough that you can make your own fun in them sometimes, but they they are all otherwise complete dumpster fires. Combat is ass in all of them, performance is ass in all of them, physics are ass in all of them, etc etc.

There is some fun to be had in them if you just want to wrangle some bros together and go make murder, but let's not pretend any of these games are even bordering on "good".
Ha. yeah. that is kindof my thoughts every time I see one of these. they look so clunky and barebones. This one does look pretty at least. But, how in depth is the crafting? building? combat skills? In a way they remind me of UO. but, just seem so lacking.
doing some quick research, I was disappointed to see how limited the combat seems. swords and leather armor. "inspired by skyrim."... even skyrim looks robust. char progression in this is stat attribution only. no skills. no classes.. you make a Conan based open world survival game, and you have no fantasy based skills? I can't make a witch? the fuck.
they do have religion, and sacrifice, etc. but, its effectively just a crafting/building element.