Conan Exiles

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man, I'm glad I kept watching streams on this game and ended up buying the game. I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. The combat has a little more depth than I thought, but not much. It seems like you can chain heavy and light attacks for different combos? I haven't lost a fight since I made a stone pike, just wondering what combos the other weapons have.

Is there any kind of feature in the game that automagically connects storage/settlements with each other, kind of like the trader merchants in Fallout 4? Guessing no? Also, does anyone know if there's any way to get elevation values or contours or something out of video game? Anything with point geometry at all? I want to make a 3D map of this place.

casa2.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was working on a mod that would do that. Sort of a postal service using the "bearer" thralls. I got super into playing and haven't messed with the modkit in a few weeks though.

I hit a really nasty bug in the game though so I might get back into modding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

yeah. the game hella needs a more robust settlement system. the groundwork is there, but anything past that is missing.

Caliane

first dlc pack in June.

as expected. release half finished game. minor bug fixes after that, with paid DLC shitting up the game.

very disappointing, but not unexpected from a shit company.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ok, yea....iron isn't an issue. I found 5 or 6 more iron nodes in a short circuit near my base. Took Caliane Caliane s advice and built multiple forges to keep them going. Turns out i'm also parked right next to a big cave full of brimstone, so I already had what I needed to move up to steel.

Do you guys wear light armor when you're running around farming? I've been maxing stamina and carry weight above everything else, but I can't run for shit with medium armor on.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game has a TON of depth for sure, really cool that it has dungeons and world bosses. They could tune down the crafting and make this into an MMO honestly, this really isnt that bad for PVE.

• 1Like

Caliane

Ok, yea....iron isn't an issue. I found 5 or 6 more iron nodes in a short circuit near my base. Took Caliane Caliane s advice and built multiple forges to keep them going. Turns out i'm also parked right next to a big cave full of brimstone, so I already had what I needed to move up to steel.

Do you guys wear light armor when you're running around farming? I've been maxing stamina and carry weight above everything else, but I can't run for shit with medium armor on.
yes. I swap gear for "roles".
light armor with +end stat bonus for harvesting.
medium armor -weight mods, and +end(swap for more ideal stat when get proper recipe) for pvp/boss/capturing thralls, etc.

I find heavy armor a bit too heavy, while medium gets the job done well.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How do you level past 25 or so? Feels like most of the milestone stuff I can do is done and I've explored what looks to be all of the desert so far aside from undead city, that place is still assrape.

Surn

Molten Core Raider
start making your way up north. There are also tons of map interest points that give scaling xp as you discover them. Mobs and crafting items also give xp but i've found that the fastest way to level is to find map points

Caliane

They hotfixed PC to nerf Point of interest exp. I'm not sure by how much, but word is, severe.

I haven't tested it. But, if you are looking for another fairly exploitative means of exp gain, to keep on pace. if you have a blacksmith t2+. (not sure if t1 is enough.) you can craft iron or steel reinforcements for 1:1. then, convert them BACK into iron/steel bars for 1:1. no fuel costs. just time. crafting gives exp, dismantling doesnt.

the base exp gain rate for mining/crafting, etc is admitted a touch slow. you will def progress through actual progression faster then exp gain, and be gated by lack of feats and points, then your own building, etc.

Last edited:

Surn

Molten Core Raider
well that sucks, Point of Interest xp was a little broken with how well it scaled though

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did the new game + thing a few days ago. Discovered there's a bug with it and had my second character nuked at level 35 haha.

If you decide to do that, I looked at the blueprint and I think if you restart the client you are good.

Anyway was really fun to level up again. My server is on something silly like 4x xp so I've already maxed out again but it was fun while it lasted. My character was so old a lot of the journey stuff was broken.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Sadly this game is made by one the worst video game company around. Always release non-optimized game, never finish their product, rushed content.

They survive because of this franchise, gonna milk it again and then, in some years, when they gonna loose Conan, they will die.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've killed thralls wearing the basic medium armor set, so I assume so?

Caliane

yes. you can equip fighter thralls with weapons and armor you assign. fighter thralls being any thrall, that can be placed in the environment. archers, fighters, captain, exile, bearer, dancer..
Crafting thralls you can not currently equip. these being thralls that exist purely as an inventory item and placed inside crafting benches.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks guys. I tried on two before posting this question, but they didn't equip the items. Do the visual character models only change after a server reset or something?

Caliane

no. should be immediate.

did you put the items into their inventory, or actually ON them? make sure you swap out their old gear, not just put the new gear into their backpack.

• 1Like