Conan Exiles

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very on the fence about this one. I mean I watched some streams too and it looks decent, but the idea of base building/Minecraft game play really doesn't do much for me, so this is probably a pass.

95% minecraft is no exxageration here

Bandwagon Bandwagon our server is a Funcom one on PC, dont think we can play PS4

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I've put 20 hours into this in the last couple of days and while I'm totally digging it, it also feels like a super early access mess. It's one of those games that's fun despite itself, if that makes any sense? I'm actually kind of stumped on how to review it, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a friend for $40 because I'm sure they could write a list of ways the game is garbage and they would be 100% right and justified in that. That being said, my lady and I are having fun, and we've barely scratched the surface, so I expect we'll get our moneys worth our of it.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Do you guys regen health? I'm still not really sure how regen is supposed to work. There's a perk for it, and entertainers do it, but I only reach the perk with gear, and sometimes I'm without it, and in the wild, and I regen like crazy.

I'm not sure if that is supposed to be some sort of out-of-combat regen, but I can hold up a shield during fighting and I get it.

And then sometimes I only regen if I have the perk or use a healing item like food or bandages. I much prefer the latter as the former kind of kills any challenge the game had.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you guys regen health? I'm still not really sure how regen is supposed to work. There's a perk for it, and entertainers do it, but I only reach the perk with gear, and sometimes I'm without it, and in the wild, and I regen like crazy.

I'm not sure if that is supposed to be some sort of out-of-combat regen, but I can hold up a shield during fighting and I get it.

And then sometimes I only regen if I have the perk or use a healing item like food or bandages. I much prefer the latter as the former kind of kills any challenge the game had.

I purposely went straight for the rank of Vitality that regens you, friends were saying it was mandatory for exploring ice areas?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no regen by default. correct.
food heals.

there is a bug. I am not sure what causes it though.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah every once in awhile you’ll just bug out and have Regen. I highly recommend getting the vit perk it is a game changer for me as far as enjoyment vs tedium.

I’m kinda confused about what I should be doing in regards to progression, items that need to be obtained the order of dungeons . I find bosses all over but they have so much hit pts killing them doesn’t seem possible

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I joined "Blackwatch" server on ps4.

I didn't realize it had experience and harvesting multipliers, though. I'm not complaining - set up a decent sized home near plenty of resources and I'm having a blast. This is what I was hoping No Man's Sky would be like.

What crafting items are considered "rush"? I built a forge and tanning rack, and those have been cranking out iron bars and leather. I made an armor bench too, but haven't seen if I can make anything on it yet.

Still haven't built a wheel of pain.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
First real step is making transition to iron tools and weapons
That's a big jump to try to get there, even with a 3x multiplier.

I need a blacksmith table for iron pickaxe and skinning dagger, right? Isn't the blacksmith table like 300 iron or something?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
100 bars, so 200 iron ore. Honestly, I'm playing at default values and get 200 ore from 1 or 2 clusters of iron, it's not really too rough.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, most benches get unlocked in the order you need them.

furnace early. about the time you are looking to make steel, you probably want 2-4 furnaces. but, dont really need more early.
blacksmith for iron weapons/tools. correct.
Thralls asap as well yes.

Which thralls is probably the biggest thing to consider, since they are not clearly locked by level and feats.
Thralls have 4 main effects, depending on level, and type.
They reduce crafting time. increase burn time. Reduce crafting cost. and provide specific recipes.

Reduced crafting time, gives faster turnaround,a nd reduced fuel use.
increased burn time, reduces fuel use.
Reduced craft cost is one of the bigger ones, as it well, reduces craft cost..

Check the wiki for each.
smelters increase burn time, and speed. so arent that great. again, a second furnace does that job really. only increases fuel eff. oil, coal, dry wood too common to care.

Carpenters/blacksmiths,alchemist,armorer can get 25 and 50% reduced cost however. That shit is huge.
carpenters also do both carpenter bench, and artisans table.

so at least t2 of each of those, should be high priority.

Tanners also just give increased burn time, and reduced craft time. so, dont effect how much leather/tar you get, but will increase burn efficiency. Bark is a much more annoying fuel, then oil/wood/coal. so that is at least a little bit relevant.

Reduced costs, round down to nearest whole number.
Example. T2 blacksmith reduces cost by 25%. An iron reinforcement is normally 2 iron bars for 1 iron reinforcement. 2 reduced to 1.5 is rounded down to 1.
A t2 blacksmith will make iron reinforcements cost 1 iron bar.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
yeah, most benches get unlocked in the order you need them.

furnace early. about the time you are looking to make steel, you probably want 2-4 furnaces. but, dont really need more early.
blacksmith for iron weapons/tools. correct.
Thralls asap as well yes.

Which thralls is probably the biggest thing to consider, since they are not clearly locked by level and feats.
Thralls have 4 main effects, depending on level, and type.
They reduce crafting time. increase burn time. Reduce crafting cost. and provide specific recipes.

Reduced crafting time, gives faster turnaround,a nd reduced fuel use.
increased burn time, reduces fuel use.
Reduced craft cost is one of the bigger ones, as it well, reduces craft cost..

Check the wiki for each.
smelters increase burn time, and speed. so arent that great. again, a second furnace does that job really. only increases fuel eff. oil, coal, dry wood too common to care.

Carpenters/blacksmiths,alchemist,armorer can get 25 and 50% reduced cost however. That shit is huge.
carpenters also do both carpenter bench, and artisans table.

so at least t2 of each of those, should be high priority.

Tanners also just give increased burn time, and reduced craft time. so, dont effect how much leather/tar you get, but will increase burn efficiency. Bark is a much more annoying fuel, then oil/wood/coal. so that is at least a little bit relevant.

Reduced costs, round down to nearest whole number.
Example. T2 blacksmith reduces cost by 25%. An iron reinforcement is normally 2 iron bars for 1 iron reinforcement. 2 reduced to 1.5 is rounded down to 1.
A t2 blacksmith will make iron reinforcements cost 1 iron bar.

God that's good to know! Just got our first Thrall last night... a Smelter II, lol. My biggest base building gripe right now is those damn iron reinforcement, looks like I know who I'm looking for tonight!

Caliane

how fast you want to level up might be an issue as well.

Points of interest, and journey steps give huge chunks of exp. you probably can hit level 40+ in a day, in a few hours, just by grabbing some food, and running around the map, tagging points of interest. Without killing, or building a thing. just running away from any danger.
While, building, mining, etc will level much, much slower. Then, with your level 40 feats, and stat points, you'll blow way past someone taking their time.

idk, depends on how you value your time. survival vs pvp competative. If you want to just hit max level and end game asap, do that. if you want to play it more, "as intended" dont.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
how fast you want to level up might be an issue as well.

Points of interest, and journey steps give huge chunks of exp. you probably can hit level 40+ in a day, in a few hours, just by grabbing some food, and running around the map, tagging points of interest. Without killing, or building a thing. just running away from any danger.
While, building, mining, etc will level much, much slower. Then, with your level 40 feats, and stat points, you'll blow way past someone taking their time.

idk, depends on how you value your time. survival vs pvp competative. If you want to just hit max level and end game asap, do that. if you want to play it more, "as intended" dont.

Thats what my friends did with the PoI, it scales up so when your 50 going to 60 its chunks of a level. People just bring basics like Caliane said along with a bedroll.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, just bare in mind, it essentially trivializes huge amounts of the game.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I honestly just rented a private server and its just my lady and I playing. She will bail on a game if she gets too frustrated, so a PvP situation didn't seem ideal. We are basically just building a base, exploring, fighting NPC's.

• 1Solidarity