Conan Exiles

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man, I would probably consider picking this up on PS4 if we have a dedicated FOH server and cross-platform is a thing. Is it a thing?

Harvesting/Base building looks like fun to me, but the rest of it doesn't look appealing at all unless I can team up with some people from here. The enemy AI I saw in the livestreams was one of the worst things I've seen in the last 20 years.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I asked and it sounds like were PC only server. We setup a seperate Discord just for the server but if youre wanting friends to run with I can probably put you with a team? Right now were 4 groups with 4-7 players in each just setting up.

Edit to add Discord link for server - Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Message us if you need a group or have questions etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I couldn't play without mods. We've got a camera distance adjuster, all the stuff I made to help redo / recolor character creation elements, and a mod to spit out a bark when you make shaped / insulated wood. Oh and pippi, which is a really nice server admin thing we barely use much of, but seems really powerful.

Also, for our server settings, we did Durability multiplier 0.2 which is probably a bit much, but there were patches where shields would break after 3 blocks. Spoil rate 0.3, resource respawn 0.5 which is probably a mistake (I think you'd want that at 1 or 2), active hunger thirst 0.3, harvest 2.5.

We also don't drop items which I'm not a big fan of. Sometimes you are really overloaded and thinking... it would be way faster to die to get back to base.

Another friend's server was pvp back in the early days and we had a lot of trouble with accidentally hitting friends when out fighting stuff. It was just us on the server so pvp seemed kind of pointless.

We also have building damage off, which makes the purge less fun. So far the purge seems to only want to attack a random staircase someone made to get up a small cliff though.

BTW did they change how building keeps things from respawning near the building? We had a lot of trouble with that over time, and we adjusted settings to try to fix it, but it was really annoying. Like someone would make a little stairway and the nearby ore would never respawn again.

It isn't doing that at all anymore that I can see. I'm not sure if one of our settings finally fixed it or if they just turned that stupid feature off.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Saw this launched and was intrigued...but then saw no magic system :(

I know Conan is traditionally a very low magic world and the original MMO probably had way too much magic for the setting, but I really can't get into it if its just Spartacus with Snakes.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
at one time in one of the dev steams they talked about adding in a magic system that used corruption.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW the patch disabled building in the inner parts of the volcano. I had just built a thrall wheel in there $$$ :D

I am doing an eq style camp on this spot where an armorer spawns. I need a relic hunter armorer!

Used to the race of the crafter determined the special recipes but now it's where you steal em from.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is this game basically like another ARK/Rust type of game? What sets this apart?

Being 100% new to this genre it feels like I'm playing adult Minecraft with some sparse PVP mixed in. It might just be because im only mid thirties but it feels like 98% of my time is spent harvesting or crafting.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
but now it's where you steal em from.

Er nope, it's still the name / race of the thrall

I looked in the devkit and I think this thrall I want has a 2% chance to appear. At 15 min respawns that's an average wait of 12.5 hours. That's Everquest style!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
BTW did they change how building keeps things from respawning near the building? We had a lot of trouble with that over time, and we adjusted settings to try to fix it, but it was really annoying. Like someone would make a little stairway and the nearby ore would never respawn again.

It isn't doing that at all anymore that I can see. I'm not sure if one of our settings finally fixed it or if they just turned that stupid feature off.

Capture - Copy.JPG

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Because it also stops someone from building a base right on top of yours, but it does seem for most and certainly for pve you want to set it pretty small. It appears to go infinitely up and down however, I built way up above a good iron resource and they still stopped spawning.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Man, I've been watching more streams and i keep going back and forth on whether or not I would like this one. All of the streams look like PC versions, haven't seen one yet with a person playing on PS4.

There's a ton in this game that looks horrendous, but I really like the base building aspect. I want to see what singleplayer on PS4 looks like.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Added a few FoH bros and our server is pushing 35-50 online out of 70. My main guildleader who is a PVP animal is now on here if anyone is looking for high end PVP players to challenge.

Wed love some more bros, we have room in clans as well if you need.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've got a baby due in 10 days as well, which is the other reason I've been trying to talk myself out of picking this up. I get the impression that this game is like Everquest in the sense that if you have to walk away for 10 minutes for RL stuff, there can be devastating consequences.

Are any of you guys streaming? How would I find you on twitch if so? I'm brand spanking new to twitch, so still not really sure how it works.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Added a few FoH bros and our server is pushing 35-50 online out of 70. My main guildleader who is a PVP animal is now on here if anyone is looking for high end PVP players to challenge.

Wed love some more bros, we have room in clans as well if you need.
I have no willpower. Was watching a good stream with fort building and I went ahead and bought it.

I've only played for a couple hours and love it so far. Building/crafting seems minecraft-y. Game seems fairly tough, which is probably good for longevity.

Combat seems pretty underwhelming, has an eq feel to it...which is probably why I kind of like it.
I dunno...it really seems like most of the negatives I can point out in the game actually have a nostalgic feel to them, which adds to the appeal for me.

Hit me up on PS4, nerds. Dwreck808
I have voice chat, but rarely use it.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Korrupt Korrupt - I spent enough time in solo to feel comfortable restarting on multiplayer.

I'm going to start on a PvE CONFLICT server on ps4 tonight. Is anyone from your clan already on a ps4 pve conflict server? Can you give the name if so?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very on the fence about this one. I mean I watched some streams too and it looks decent, but the idea of base building/Minecraft game play really doesn't do much for me, so this is probably a pass.