Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm truly amazed that AT&T just launched old-school cable TV as a streaming service.

No-one:
AT&T: We just brought back cable TV.....over the Internet!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
You forget how big of dipshits that are out there. They'll probably sign up for AT&T, just to be on the cutting edge.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
WTF Cox is giving me 50 dollars off my bill for the next 2 months. I'm shocked. Must be free unlimited data for Corona times that you have to pay 50 bucks for.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So anyone else have trouble with Amazon Prime Video not syncing across devices? Watch a few episodes of a Show out in the living room, go back to the bedroom to keep watching and it's not synced. Pretty annoying and dumb as fuck. Same account is used across all devices?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So anyone else have trouble with Amazon Prime Video not syncing across devices? Watch a few episodes of a Show out in the living room, go back to the bedroom to keep watching and it's not synced. Pretty annoying and dumb as fuck. Same account is used across all devices?

Not had that issue at all. Syncs across devices for me with no issue. Wonder what's up with that.

Crone

Not had that issue at all. Syncs across devices for me with no issue. Wonder what's up with that.
Googling comes back with a few things, but nothing for sure. I'll check some account settings, maybe there's a sync between all devices check box I'm missing or something.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Googling comes back with a few things, but nothing for sure. I'll check some account settings, maybe there's a sync between all devices check box I'm missing or something.
I've sort of had the issue. Like if I'm watching a show on one TV, and then go to the other TV and select the show it won't be on the current episode. But if I go into episodes it shows the correct progress and I can just choose the current episode.

It might be tied to the new Prime Video? They changed the app very recently and their are a handful of minor differences. I guess they are getting ready for actual different profiles for people in the same household?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Has it happened for a long time? Amazon is in the process of rolling out account profiles (so like Netflix profiles) for Prime Video, so maybe that's a bug related to that in the short term.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Has it happened for a long time? Amazon is in the process of rolling out account profiles (so like Netflix profiles) for Prime Video, so maybe that's a bug related to that in the short term.
Oh thanks, I didn't know that was coming out. I can't wait. Any idea of they'll do age restrictions? I have freetime for the kid's tablets, but would love to have a profile for them on Prime Video that can prevent them from watching some of the content.

Crone

Have only noticed it since I binge watched season 1 of the Boys over the past couple weeks.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm truly amazed that AT&T just launched old-school cable TV as a streaming service.

No-one:
AT&T: We just brought back cable TV.....over the Internet!
Funny, we had this for about a year since they offered ATT offered us $30 off of our cell phone bill and this was $30. They upped the price to something ridiculous on us like 3 months ago to $90/month so we obviously canceled it.

Edit - when we got the promo, it was Direct TV stremaing at the time

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Funny, we had this for about a year since they offered ATT offered us $30 off of our cell phone bill and this was $30. They upped the price to something ridiculous on us like 3 months ago to $90/month so we obviously canceled it.

Edit - when we got the promo, it was Direct TV stremaing at the time

The stupidity of large corporation will never cease to amaze me.

Take this HBO Max thing. They just straight up won't work with Amazon or Roku to provide an HBO Max channel because they don't want to give a cut of the subscriptions to them. How stupid do you have to be to cut out the 2 largest streaming device manufacturers in some misguided hope that people will go through the hassle of buying a new device just for your service. Amazon is doing this with Twitch, a service I watch every day, and Roku. I simply don't watch Twitch as much anymore. These companies really think they have more pull than they actually do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Masters of business. Buy for 50 billion 5 years ago, sell for 20 billion. I swear to god they could put a trained monkey in charge of that company and teach it to flip the magic 8-ball for every decision and it could not do a worse job.