Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
get real wild like me and cut the cord on cable, then cut the cord on streaming altogether

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m dumping Fios tv and home phone to go with YouTube tv, Disney plus and Amazon prime. Going to keep their internet because it’s already in my house.

Am I doing this right?
Yes. Minus the youtube TV. I have fios gig, AMZN, Disney + , Hulu and the rest free shit. Dumped NFLX after there was nothing left to watch. Might circle back in 6 months or so.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I have a fantastic IPTV service with every CA,USA,AU channel one could want. Really nice community. Shoot me a PM and I can send a discord invite. I personally use Tivimate as the EPG (TV guide) on my Nvidea shield

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is unraid + sonarr/lidaar/submarine still the way to go with a home nas / easy shiver me timbers box?
Got a Thincentre tiny I want to use as the main box, and add a external nas / disks later.

Grekko

Trakanon Raider
I've been using IPTV from IPTorrents for $10/month. They recently changed providers and the service has been horrible, constant freezes, lots of channels don't work, etc.
They also removed the amazon option and only take donations via crypto. Anyone here has a better option/suggestion that would like to share? I use Kodi

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been using IPTV from IPTorrents for $10/month. They recently changed providers and the service has been horrible, constant freezes, lots of channels don't work, etc.
They also removed the amazon option and only take donations via crypto. Anyone here has a better option/suggestion that would like to share? I use Kodi

If you have a good bandwidth pipe, the world is your oyster. I pay $20 a month for Amazon/Hulu/Disney+ and use free streamers with ads for the rest. IMDB etc.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

If you're willing to move to Tivimate as an EPG hub, I have a IPTV service i've been using over 3 years that's rock solid. Full PPV and sports lineup. Most members use a Nvidea Shield if possible for the best experience.

Grekko

Trakanon Raider
If you're willing to move to Tivimate as an EPG hub, I have a IPTV service i've been using over 3 years that's rock solid. Full PPV and sports lineup. Most members use a Nvidea Shield if possible for the best experience.
That sounds great, I have firestick 4k but wouldn't mind getting nvidia shield and research the setup if results are better.
Please forward any information to my email: [email protected]
Thanks a lot

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That sounds great, I have firestick 4k but wouldn't mind getting nvidia shield and research the setup if results are better.
Thanks a lot
up to something plotting GIF

Bots everywhere. Use a pm, dude.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Thanks a lot
I’ll send you a PM as I can help much better that way and you can see if you’re interested. It’s not hard to setup but there are a few steps. The experience is primo

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Getting terrible quality with YTTV. 1080p buffers a lot even on gigabit speeds. Seems like this occurs frequently with people according to subreddit. Does anyone have any other recommendations that they use? We have a Roku Ultra, but don't mind going to nVidia Shield if it works better for the streaming. The unlimited DVR from YTTV is desirable. ;\ Ugh.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Getting terrible quality with YTTV. 1080p buffers a lot even on gigabit speeds. Seems like this occurs frequently with people according to subreddit. Does anyone have any other recommendations that they use? We have a Roku Ultra, but don't mind going to nVidia Shield if it works better for the streaming. The unlimited DVR from YTTV is desirable. ;\ Ugh.
Was told that YTTV is suffering at the minute with horrible service.