Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So along these lines....

At my gym before it closed? They removed the hand sanitizers cause people were filling empty water bottles to take home.

At my grocery store they used to have wipes out front? Ya....some asshat stole them.

At my work they started to provision with canisters of wipes (like what you'd wipe down your kitchen with). And... yeah people are taking them home. Its the new normal.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Edit....nvm, they yanked the article.

Not sure if this has been posted. It’s a longer read but very good. More on point for this thread than the other I think.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Australia shutting down. "non essential" business and all schools closing as of Tuesday 24th in the Eastern States.. Most likely the others will follow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Australia, also closing boarders between states.
My wife is a health care professional, she'll have to work while I do home school daddy.. Here kids let's learn how to weld..

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
sorry I wasn’t clear. They’re still delivering the packages that require signature, they’re just making sure customers sign a form and keep distance as opposed to signing on the scanner.

wasnt trying to contradict your post, just threw in the info I had as an employee
View attachment 255515
What if the mail carrier was infected and handed customers a infected piece of paper?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What if the mail carrier was infected and handed customers a infected piece of paper?
That could be literally anything. What if the grocery store clerk was infected and stocked a bunch of aisles? Just wash your hands and wipe down anything you receive

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Certainly hope this trend continues

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Our state, and I assume each state has one has a detailed page on Coronkung19 with all sorts of info. We are up to 83/3 but just a week ago I think it was 1 case. Noticed a week ago our gov showed as a accomplishment 3/15/2020: Brought Kentuckians on the Grand Princess cruise ship back home.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just got the classic "secret service guy down the street said everything Nationwide getting shut down tomorrow"

It has some credibility in that the guy does know the secret service guy, and there are a bunch of secret service and even ex cia people around, but I still find it all pretty dubious. It's hard to know with how stupid everything is though

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just got the classic "secret service guy down the street said everything Nationwide getting shut down tomorrow"

It has some credibility in that the guy does know the secret service guy, and there are a bunch of secret service and even ex cia people around, but I still find it all pretty dubious. It's hard to know with how stupid everything is though
Got the same thing from my brother in law last night, "friend of a friend in the military said...".

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I got an email reminding me if I need to go into the office and check classified accounts I still need to be in business attire, so yeaaaaaaa

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

That graphic, at first glance, doesn't seem to show much of a difference in growth rates for the states that have locked everyone inside vs those which had partying on the beach until Friday. Naturally that doesn't account for distinctions of overall population or population density so might be misleading.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have faith that our elected officials can always find a way to fuck shit up worse than it is. I spent the last month joking about this being the end of our Republic as we know it. I'm actually starting to think the chance of this being true is no longer 0%.
Screenshot_20200322-145939_Twitter.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Have faith that our elected officials can always find a way to fuck shit up worse than it is. I spent the last month joking about this being the end of our Republic as we know it. I'm actually starting to think the chance of this being true is no longer 0%.

Bud, millions of people have lost or are going to lose their jobs. Hospitals don't have enough PPE to be able to give proper care. This is a very real issue. The DPA is necessary, we are going to run out of supplies and be unable to address this disease. Individual citizens are being called upon to stay in their homes, and sacrifice their incomes and financial stability to help stem infection rates. We have no choice in the matter.

But people like you would rather protect corporate interests than protect the citizens of this country. No matter the cost.

The sooner we ramp up production and actually have test kits and PPE the sooner we can focus isolation efforts and get back to fucking work.

• 1Like