Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On a slightly lighter note the viral panel they are running to test for covid-19 also detects other forms of Coronavirus. So my wife has to tell parents their kids tested positive for Coronavirus, but no not that Coronavirus.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We are over 7 as of this morning.

Am hoping once this actually starts getting confirmed where they are people will stay in. It'll be too late for complete minimization but it'll be a big improvement over the "oh i better go stand in a pile to get ammo, and some eggs, and get some froyo" horseshit that's going on now.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
National guard and military to setup a number of mobile hospitals with 1,000 beds in NY, CA, and WA.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am hoping once this actually starts getting confirmed where they are people will stay in. It'll be too late for complete minimization but it'll be a big improvement over the "oh i better go stand in a pile to get ammo, and some eggs, and get some froyo" horseshit that's going on now.
Anecdotal but things are quite civilized here. Long Island has 4 million folks not in NYC. Everyone is surprisingly polite, keeping a decent distance and generally being decent human beings. At the gun store everyone keeps their space in line, they hand out sanitizer to people in line etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Australia, also closing boarders between states.
My wife is a health care professional, she'll have to work while I do home school daddy.. Here kids let's learn how to weld..
136c04bbf52742eefa5fdfce4d82adea.png

• 1Worf

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Full shutdown sounds extreme until you see essential professions = still pretty much everyone except the blockbuster guy (still need the manager tho).

Our financial firm won't close and my wife's construction (ESSENTIAL TO BUILD THESE FUCKING BATHROOMS) will remain operational.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
"non essential" businesses are supposed to be closed as of midday today... went to the local cafe to pick up a coffee. .place was packed.. i asked the owner about the shutdown, he told me he's not closing until someone in a position of authority tells him he has to since business is booming at the moment.. while i was waiting for my coffee a bunch of police officers walked in.. everyone was kind of watching them to see what they would do, but all they did was order, and then turn around and one of them told the crowd "coffee is an essential service!"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother at WB Mason was handed a laminated piece of paper that he is to give to cops explaining that WB Mason employees are essential

Office.supplies

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Office supplies are already seeing a big uptick with so many white collar professionals WFH. Webcams are sold out everywhere. Mine died like two weeks ago and I've been looking online but they're all sold out. You can buy a C920 for like $150 on eBay. Only more than twice its actual price!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
While this aligns more with my belief on most.. I'm arguing with a person who is the epitomy of hysteria with a higher than thou outlook. Wears gloves, masks, and washes his clothes everytime he gets home lol.

Without deepdiving; does anyone know the state of social distance, curfew, and closures in Taiwan, S. Korea, and Japan?

Last I saw, through my feed.. Japan is pretty much continuing as normal; hanami seems to be a go. All my friends have been continuing as normal, my family is continuing as normal.

Borzak

Someone I now that works at the Dow Chemical plant got an email from work saying they would get some kind of ID or note they could show "someone" while driving back and forth to work during the shelter in place. I can't imagine who they would show it to unless you got stopped for something else or were in the wrong place at the wrong time. All 100+ chemical plants in the 100 river miles between Baton Rouge and New Orleans shift change at the same exact time. No way they roadblock and check everyone especially when a large number of them drive 1 to 1-1/2 hours to get there. Too many at once.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
MA to close all non essential.businesses. Stay at home ADVISORY

Borzak

I saw it earlier but now I lost where I found it. Louisiana had the fastest rate of increase of any state and any country now.

Found it.

Louisiana has the fastest growth rate of the coronavirus in any state or country in the world.