Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I find it both funny and terrifying they want anyone who even just visited the state of New York to self quarantine for 14 days because they have a 1 in 1000 per capita while here in Orleans parish we are at 1 in 490 with just positive test cases. We started testing much later here and we've somehow performed way less tests than other states that have started after us. And it's pretty much business as usual here, not seeing much of a reduction in traffic and people can not stop leaving their house for non essential shit.

Argarth

On the verandah
So I want to recommend this video but I'm not sure how to.

This is a married couple. They are both evolutionary biologists. The man became famous during the Evergreen Incident. The woman is the only public figure I have ever heard, ever, who has used the word 'gamete' in a public discussion. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of both of these people.

This video contains a lot of serious straight-talk and be you a fascist or a communist or neither, I sincerely recommend giving this a listen. It's not political in any way and is just straight up biology.

The main thing I learned is that there are two tests for COVID. One test tests to see if you have the active virus inside you right this second. The other test tests to see if you have the COVID antibodies in you at any given time.

Heather says that she believes that possibly half of the UK is already infected... and that this might actually be a GOOD thing for all of us if it is true. I won't try to do her explanation justice here right now but I truly recommend this video to anyone with an IQ greater than room temperature and who is not offended by the concept of evolution.

Fascinating.

Thanks for posting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My wife found out today the floor she is in charge of will be the COVID floor, which I'm sure means a lot of crazy long hours away from home surrounded by infectious people. On the plus side I will be able to get good info from a no bullshit nurse of over 20yrs on how treatment, progression of illness, capacity, etc. is going.

Seems like BS to go through when salaried though, work hundreds of hours extra under stressful conditions and risk for the same pay!

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Confirmed PA cases went up 50% today, next few days will likely be where we go from a handful to many thousands. Kids start online schooling Monday.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude from England who predicted 500k dead in UK and 2.2mil in US, updated his numbers today to just 20k dead in UK because most people probably already have/had it and so the rate of infection to death or sickness is lower, he thinks they should be fine and not overwhelmed after 1 day of quarantine

Pops

Confirmed PA cases went up 50% today, next few days will likely be where we go from a handful to many thousands. Kids start online schooling Monday.

After having kids, I'd send them to school. Expose them to it. At the end of day, just like chicken pox or the mumps, it's better to get over with young. This is never going away.

• 2Like

Pops

So I find it both funny and terrifying they want anyone who even just visited the state of New York to self quarantine for 14 days because they have a 1 in 1000 per capita while here in Orleans parish we are at 1 in 490 with just positive test cases. We started testing much later here and we've somehow performed way less tests than other states that have started after us. And it's pretty much business as usual here, not seeing much of a reduction in traffic and people can not stop leaving their house for non essential shit.
We should have spent 6 trillion on emergency hospitals and all the other bullshit. Instead of plunging us into a depression.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We should have spent 6 trillion on emergency hospitals and all the other bullshit. Instead of plunging us into a depression.

Goddamn aren't you getting $1200? Now you want to do away with crony capitalism and have quality healthcare infrastructure? Some people.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good article that gives you a glimpse of what going through this pandemic for one of the harder hit areas is/has been like and why I say we aren't panicking enough here in New Orleans.

Oh and so for those of you who haven't been to Mardi Gras. There is literally a Krewe of Boxed Wine that walks the parade route before the Bacchus parade which is about 100+ people walking with boxes of wine and squirting and inevitably failing trying to pour wine down people's throats along the parade route. So on top of being crammed on top of one another along a parade route, that is just some of the debauchery that goes on at a parade.

Last edited: