Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For sure but it’s not due to the shutdown.
I did more reading they filed for chapter 11 last month to re-organize. They shut a bunch of underperforming locations and kept the 261 open under the re-org. So while they might not have survived the chapter 11 without Coronachan, the virus shutdown sealed their fate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's almost like Coronachan is more serious when you have an underlying condition

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This virus sucks and people are going to be lost, no question. But, the effects it will have on the global economy for years to come will be FAR worse due to the knee-jerk actions and the media fear mongering. And as others have pointed out, there is so much political posturing and deal-making because of this that its sickening. They don't give a shit about anyone except themselves, maintaining power, and increasing wealth. That's always been the case, but times like this reveal it pretty starkly.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I've been pondering the possibly new opportunities myself. I can see an entire industry starting up over this stuff, especially if we are going to start seeing new infectious shit start popping up every 1-2 years.

A company that deals in hazmat, asbestos, lead, ect could easily expand and start doing cleanups.While the respirators that use filter cartridges, like PAPR ect, wouldn't be suitable for infectious environments, there are various supplied air options, that are completely sealed. Years ago when I still did the work, I even used the same type of gear to do cleanups after people had died in their home. You wouldn't believe the mess a single body & 20+ cats can make cooking for weeks in the summer. Never dealt with actual human bodies lol, just the gooey aftermath.

The rate we going, we easily gonna be living the world of Bladerunner in next 20-30 years. Except without all the cool shit. Mmm can't wait to make grubs & synthetic garlic in the slowcooker.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I've been pondering the possibly new opportunities myself. I can see an entire industry starting up over this stuff, especially if we are going to start seeing new infectious shit start popping up every 1-2 years.

A company that deals in hazmat, asbestos, lead, ect could easily expand and start doing cleanups.While the respirators that use filter cartridges, like PAPR ect, wouldn't be suitable for infectious environments, there are various supplied air options, that are completely sealed. Years ago when I still did the work, I even used the same type of gear to do cleanups after people had died in their home. You wouldn't believe the mess a single body & 20+ cats can make cooking for weeks in the summer. Never dealt with actual human bodies lol, just the gooey aftermath.

The rate we going, we easily gonna be living the world of Bladerunner in next 20-30 years. Except without all the cool shit. Mmm can't wait to make grubs & synthetic garlic in the slowcooker.

I agree---find out where the new opportunities are. It will be a good time for people with a little capital.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I agree---find out where the new opportunities are. It will be a good time for people with a little capital.
Haha have to clarify because I got a barf response, I do post like a vague tard sometimes.

I'm not planning on making a business out of this. I'm just imagining the shit to come. Far too old, and not even remotely wealthy enough, to be making gambles like that.

Besides, people actually good at fleecing the general public, already have far better plans in place I'm sure.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know that's not the actual number either, since all the systems have broken down and can't keep up. It's safe to say we are over 20 million already. And to think I thought I was being pessimistic by saying we would got that by the end of the month

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't make this shit up. Congress really doesn't put the country over politics.

• 2Picard

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Screenshot_20200409-124709_Twitter.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sucks to hear that about logans. They weren't great but they were the only steak house near my office open for lunch.

prioritize state governments that have been contacting them needing temporary cold storage for the impending wave of dead bodies.

On the plus side, when it's all over you should be able to get second hand (New In Box) freezers cheap from the state governments.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Stop and Shop has changed to only allow a small number of people into the store at one time. Masks are required, gloves are encouraged. Shopping aisles are now one-way and passing in the aisle is discouraged. They've eliminated the usual checkout lanes and there is only one checkout queue with 6 foot spacing that runs the length of the store.

It's all very Soviet...

• 1Like
  • 1Trump

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I went grocery shopping for the first time in about 10 or so days on Tuesday and the shelves were pretty bare all over the store. Not much of anything except for beef. Still plenty of beef, probably because it's so expensive compared to chicken and pork. Still not a single roll of TP to be found anywhere. Guessing suppliers are dealing with sickness and fear with employees.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Stop and Shop has changed to only allow a small number of people into the store at one time. Masks are required, gloves are encouraged. Shopping aisles are now one-way and passing in the aisle is discouraged. They've eliminated the usual checkout lanes and there is only one checkout queue with 6 foot spacing that runs the length of the store.

It's all very Soviet...
It's not stop and shop, it's a mandate from government baker.

Only 40% max occupancy in any store with over 25 employees or something

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fauci says antibody tests will start becoming available in a week or so. This is very good news.

Really hope so, we’re thinking there was a 50/50 chance we got it in February. My wife, who has an immune system of steel was down for a week and her parents were down for two weeks.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I went grocery shopping for the first time in about 10 or so days on Tuesday and the shelves were pretty bare all over the store. Not much of anything except for beef. Still plenty of beef, probably because it's so expensive compared to chicken and pork. Still not a single roll of TP to be found anywhere. Guessing suppliers are dealing with sickness and fear with employees.

Read just the other day in a 5 day period Wal Mart sold enough toliet paper that everyone in the country could get 1 roll.