Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
Today was my first day back in work after almost 3 weeks off due to testing positive for COVID-19 after showing symptoms.

Nasty shit, certainly hope I don't catch it again!!

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Did you have enough toilet paper?
One weird thing to me is that there is still a paper products shortage.

Why? Manufacturers said it's not production. I can see it would take two weeks to flatten the curve of warehouse shock. But a month?

Not kidding. That's beffudling. Are Karen's still mass buying it to shove in their dry sockets as prophylactic?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Today was my first day back in work after almost 3 weeks off due to testing positive for COVID-19 after showing symptoms.

WB. How are your sense of taste? Still weak? Don’t think you can catch the same strain twice. Unless you have a B-cell defieciency - or more likely another strain. Will see come fall :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
One weird thing to me is that there is still a paper products shortage.

Why? Manufacturers said it's not production. I can see it would take two weeks to flatten the curve of warehouse shock. But a month?

Not kidding. That's beffudling. Are Karen's still mass buying it to shove in their dry sockets as prophylactic?
Didn’t’ Mist Mist reason this one for us? Production includes work tp, which we’re not using or being sold. Ergo the regular home tp is in higher demand than normal production. Seems kinda obvious. I donno, steal some 1-layer sandpaper from essential workers workplace?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
WB. How are your sense of taste? Still weak? Don’t think you can catch the same strain twice. Unless you have a B-cell defieciency - or more likely another strain. Will see come fall :D
Thanks. Never lost my sense of taste. My friend from work who also went down with it did however and whilst he is now considered recovered, his sense of taste is a little shot - for instance he loves fresh OJ, but now it just tastes like shit to him. Couple of other foods as well, but not most stuff - weird eh?
I'm still suffering with fatigue - I approach stairs in work with a sense of dread now :confused:

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Didn’t’ Mist Mist reason this one for us? Production includes work tp, which we’re not using or being sold. Ergo the regular home tp is in higher demand than normal production. Seems kinda obvious. I donno, steal some 1-layer sandpaper from essential workers workplace?
I guess that must be it.

Some things I understand well, most things I can grasp, more things I can pretend well enough to get by

But other things are an absolute mystery to me.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I guess that must be it.

Some things I understand well, most things I can grasp, more things I can pretend well enough to get by

But other things are an absolute mystery to me.
It must be that cut foreskin, I’m sure.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure if I posted it, I probably did, but our friend was in the ICU for 30 days. Lost 48 pounds and when he was released he had to stay at his mom's house because it was a single floor and he was having trouble relearning how to walk

• 2WTF
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Not sure if I posted it, I probably did, but our friend was in the ICU for 30 days. Lost 48 pounds and when he was released he had to stay at his mom's house because it was a single floor and he was having trouble relearning how to walk

I guess he's in favour of reopening?

• 3Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Holy shit. That's fucking intense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Holy shit. That's fucking intense.
Yeah I mean you hear stories of people saying it was the worst thing they ever have gone through. But when he told me all that stuff I couldn't even imagine. After coming home he couldn't really see his kids and they would cry when he'd video chat them. Same age as me and the kids are my kids ages. Hit a little too close to home.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Little sister picked it up, decided to go over to my mom's house for mothers day before getting results. She's not super sick yet (tm), but feeling really lethargic, fever, and intense body aches. Hopefully she kicks it pretty quickly, told her to specifically ask for HCQ/Zpack and get it rolling asap.

• 2Picard
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I just posted the latest Joe Rogan Experience (link spoilered below) where his guest is Comedian Michael Yo who has survived the Corona Virus. Not posting it here due to potential NSFW content. I have not listened to it yet, but I am assuming it will at least have some worthwhile anecdotal info.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

So are you the first confirmed case of a board member getting it?

What did they treat you with? Were you hospitalized?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Little sister picked it up, decided to go over to my mom's house for mothers day before getting results. She's not super sick yet (tm), but feeling really lethargic, fever, and intense body aches. Hopefully she kicks it pretty quickly, told her to specifically ask for HCQ/Zpack and get it rolling asap.

Is HCQ/Zpack still supposed to be a good treatment? I keep seeing stories that studies are showing it's no good. But the thing is, every story has to call it the "Trump" treatment which makes me question the motives of the people involved. Link me some studies to counter these sheeple if it's being shown effective.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is HCQ/Zpack still supposed to be a good treatment? I keep seeing stories that studies are showing it's no good. But the thing is, every story has to call it the "Trump" treatment which makes me question the motives of the people involved. Link me some studies to counter these sheeple if it's being shown effective.
I had heard the same thing so I tried searching, the top 3 results included 1 positive study, 1 negative study, and 1 inconclusive study all released/reported on in the last week of April. So, cool cool cool.