Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sagan was just so well-spoken and composed. NDT is probably orders of magnitude smarter, but he thinks so much faster than he can compose his thoughts into words.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah, this is needed since all the advancements in astronomy and the like in the past 20 yrs.
The BBC has put out a couple of series hosted by Brian Cox that do pretty well as stand-ins for an updated Cosmos;Wonders of the Solar SystemandWonders of the Universe.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I agree that the series are good but Brian Cox is like the Bob Ross of astronomy. That guy can put you to sleep after a while because his voice is so mellow.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
You could probably say the same thing about the cadence of Carl Sagan's delivery. It comes down to whether or not you find the subject matter interesting enough to stay with it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I agree that the series are good but Brian Cox is like the Bob Ross of astronomy. That guy can put you to sleep after a while because his voice is so mellow.
Yeah, I can't stand that guy. Just something about the way he speaks grates on my nerves.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Premieres this Sunday at 9/8c

It's been hyped up in a lot of places with glowing reviews, so I'm looking forward to watching. Also, it seems to be positioning itself squarely against the anti-science movement, which is pretty awesome.

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Why Cosmos Will Be Better Than Ever - Wired Science

Cosmos TV review: Neil deGrasse Tysons miniseries tries to reconcile science and faith.

Seitz: Don't Look for a God Cameo in Cosmos -- Vulture

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. Premieres this Sunday at 9/8c

It's been hyped up in a lot of places with glowing reviews, so I'm looking forward to watching. Also, it seems to be positioning itself squarely against the anti-science movement, which is pretty awesome.

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Why Cosmos Will Be Better Than Ever - Wired Science

Cosmos TV review: Neil deGrasse Tysons miniseries tries to reconcile science and faith.

Seitz: Don??Tt Look for a God Cameo in Cosmos -- Vulture
Pretty ironic that Fox is the network which decided to pick this up. I can't wait for the outrage.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
So far so good.

*edit
They kept the cosmic calendar! I remember that thing from when I was a kid. I honestly believe, from a lifetime of observation, that most people do not have the slightest idea how much time has passed already. Every time I explain that calendar it always makes it so clear for everyone, I love it. I'm glad they kept it in the show.