Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Eonan

Doer of Things
Pretty awesome so far, the butthurt from religious folks is already erupting on Facebook.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Good , enough catering to the bastards that want to keep us in the dark ages.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Double. Betrayed by my phone.

I really enjoyed it. I found the ending very touching.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WTF... He didn't even mention the Law of Biogenesis. What an ass program!
wink.png

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The respect given to Sagan is wonderful.

Really enjoyed it, just wish I used facebook and twitter to see the fundie rage that has to be happening.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
That personal note from ngt was very touching. Interesting how he met Sagan personal and the influence Sagan had on him.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I discovered Tyson from a Beyond Belief seminar held at the Salk Institute in... oh... 2004? 05? I can't remember. But it was a Youtube video that was linked here (or foh rather). In it was Dawkins and Harris and Dennet and Krauss, and all the usual suspects and also there was Tyson who gave THE best speech of them all. Afterward the whole place asked themselves, "Who is the next Carl Sagan? How do we do that again?" Nobody, at the time, had an answer.

About a year later I read Tyson's "Death By Black Hole", rewatched the Salk discussion, and then emailed him directly (the sort of thing I never do) to tell him thathewas the next Carl Sagan. He actually emailed me back and told me he couldn't imagine being paid a higher compliment and that he still had a long way to go to fill Carl's shoes.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Imaginary +1 for AngryGerbil

My first time hearing Tyson was during a debate on Pluto as a planet ~4 years ago. It really wasn't much of a debate though since he's such an enthusiastic guy

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The respect given to Sagan is wonderful.

Really enjoyed it, just wish I used facebook and twitter to see the fundie rage that has to be happening.
This. You can really hear the respect and love in his voice that he had for Carl.

And my Facebook, both religious side and everyone else is saying nothing but positive things about the show. I absolutely loved it.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought this was an excellent rework of the original series. Would recommend.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pure excellence. NGT is one of the finest teachers and communicators of our age. Highly recommend his podcast if you enjoy his work. He can take mind staggering subjects and explain them in a succinct, intelligent way that just about anyone can understand.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loved it. Had been pumped for this since I'd first heard it announced, and was not disapointed. Very excited for the rest of the series now.