Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
According to*mass-energy equivalence, all forms of energy (not just rest energy) exhibit mass. For example, adding 25 kilowatt-hours (90 megajoules) of energy to an object in the form of heat (or any other form) increases its mass by 1*microgram; if you had a sensitive enough mass balance or*scale, this mass increase could be measured.*

The wiki couldn't be any clearer.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, Solar sails work because energy has the qualities of mass; if I'm remembering right. And a Japanese probe is currently zipping around the solar system using those sails.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure if anyone's brought up "The Inexplicable Universe with Neil deGrasse Tyson" and I'm too lazy to go through 30 pages to check, but it's packed with a lot more information per episode. It has an insanely low budget, terrible jokes, and appears that the entire episodes were done in 1 take, but ignoring all that it's pretty damn cool

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
It was brought up by me and a couple of others, and yeah, the information in that show was pretty direct and in-depth as opposed to the emotion-jerking history lessons of Cosmos (Which I enjoyed in their own right).

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching this on netflix right now whenever i have some time and the woman's in the kitchen. HOLY SHIT. Major +nets to it, the production quality is nuts.

Also this guy. Am far from a math geek, tho it seems we do have some pretty intense math-wiz on this board, but man.... When listening to what he did, in his time, with the tools he had... I mean even with Neil deGrasse dumbing it down for folks like me and it still sounds abstract has fuck. I cant even imagine the science behind it. For us peons, it still sounds like magic. Suprising he wasnt torched back then for sorcery.

rrr_img_85188.jpg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
NDT spewing more pop sci shit to make himself and his sheeple feel better about themselves and not to actually teach science and inspire with it. Yay?

• 2Picard
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 3 users