Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Most of what you think you know is bullshit. Not to single you out or anything; most of what we all know is complete bullshit. How would you know if it wasn't? After all, most of everything you know is predicated upon the trust of other people knowing their shit.

Do you actually know that Germany lost WWII? How do you know that we nuked Japan? How do you know that we won WWII? How do you know that the Periodic Table of Elements isn't some grand scam?

A What I am trying to say is that you really only know what you've been told, and that you trust that knowledge. Misplaced trust can be a very bad thing, indeed.
I have trouble thinking you are really this stupid as to put these up as 'you don't know this' - I assume you are just trolling. Yes, let's just ignore everything we haven't PERSONALLY verified and/or experienced? Nope, you can't be serious, just trolling.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They're bad examples, but Silence is right. Some of the things we think we know could be bullshit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know why but I always get a feeling dark matter/energy is just a buch of bullshit explaining gravity -- a force we don't fully know how and why it works

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I don't know why but I always get a feeling dark matter/energy is just a buch of bullshit explaining gravity -- a force we don't fully know how and why it works
I think gravity is stronger than they realize and is the only force that can be detected from other universes.

Psiscream_sl

shitlord
I think gravity is stronger than they realize and is the only force that can be detected from other universes.
That's just dumb. Gravity is measuarable. How can it be stronger than they realize? Thats like saying an inch is actually longer than they realize. Maybe go read some science books!

khalid

Unelected Mod
What does gravity being weakest of the 4 have to do with your assertion that somehow they are measuring it wrong? Educate yourself fuckwit.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
What does gravity being weakest of the 4 have to do with your assertion that somehow they are measuring it wrong? Educate yourself fuckwit.
I must not have explained myself well, what I mean is that is stronger than they think not because of how they measure it but because its being diluted in a sense.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The Possible Parallel Universe of Dark Matter | DiscoverMagazine.com

Basically it might be possible we are measuring matter (via how we measure gravity) in a completely separate universe and also measuring energy from galactic events in a different universe. Which is what I think might explain part of the mystery behind why gravity is considerably weaker, and if we are able to measure the effects of gravity in a completely different universe that definitely would make gravity stronger than currently think at least in a sense.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dark Matter isn't even matter, and Dark Energy isn't energy. They're both stuff we don't even have a way to classify, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are just placeholder terms.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
It is misleading to say they are or AREN'T matter or energy. We don't know exactly what they are or are not. However, as far as we have ever proven, there isn't anything in the universe that is not either matter or energy. Certainly the discovery of something else would be very important. Dark matter and energy are interesting in that as far as we know, they don't interact with electromagnetism. I don't think we know at this time whether or not they interact with the strong or weak nuclear forces.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Dark energy is The Force, I'm gonna be a Sith Lord and none of you bitches can stop me.

Sidious_Lightning.png

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It is misleading to say they are or AREN'T matter or energy. We don't know exactly what they are or are not. However, as far as we have ever proven, there isn't anything in the universe that is not either matter or energy. Certainly the discovery of something else would be very important. Dark matter and energy are interesting in that as far as we know, they don't interact with electromagnetism. I don't think we know at this time whether or not they interact with the strong or weak nuclear forces.
We know it interacts with gravity though :p

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I always get a feeling that time isn't real, that it isn't actually anything, but we created the concept to make sense of memories, which are just a simple rebuilding of storage material rather than some actual connection to the past.

I'm high

iannis

Musty Nester
Both The Buddah and Einstein agree with you. Time is only a consequence of motion.

Unless it's not.

There is something, some binding mechanism, which allows for continuity in the first place. It doesn't have to be. But if it weren't, neither would we.

I've been re-reading Pohl. Which counts as being high.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I always get a feeling that time isn't real, that it isn't actually anything, but we created the concept to make sense of memories, which are just a simple rebuilding of storage material rather than some actual connection to the past.

I'm high
Even when I'm not high I get that feeling as well. In physics class in college I was always a bit surprised that time, which we couldn't really classify as anything other than our arbitrary measurement of it, was so fundamental in so many of the calculations.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The terms "dark matter" and "dark energy" are in use so anti-religious bigots in the scientific community can avoid acknowledging the hand of god. And to also make divine power sound unknowable, confusing, or sinister.

h7wWopw.png