Counterpart

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Counterpart

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction

First aired: 2017-12-10

Creator: Justin Marks

Cast: J.K. Simmons, Nazanin Boniadi, Harry Lloyd, Olivia Williams, Sara Serraiocco, Nicholas Pinnock, Ulrich Thomsen

Overview: Howard Silk is a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
fVTpkoTkl7LJSoVCnuoHRPJvS4o.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Counterpart[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-12-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Howard Silk is a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Pilot episode is available on Stars right now.

Very Very GOOD

Tons of ways they can go with it, I highly recommend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pilot episode is available on Stars right now.

Very Very GOOD

Tons of ways they can go with it, I highly recommend.

Holy shit this could be soooooooooooooooooooooo fucking good.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So while he was doing his job in the two way glass...

What was he actually fucking doing? No joke, "I've been here for 30 years and I have no idea what I even do here." lol.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
There is no TheMovieDB entry for this before a mod wastes time looking

New TV show premiering on Starz on 1/21/18, stars JK Simmons in a sci fi drama

“Counterpart” is about a mysterious world hidden beneath the surface of our everyday existence. Howard Silk (J.K. Simmons) is a lowly cog in the bureaucratic machinery of a Berlin-based United Nations spy agency. When Howard discovers that his organization safeguards the secret of a crossing into a parallel dimension, he is thrust into a shadow world of intrigue, danger, and double cross… where the only man he can trust is his near-identical counterpart from this parallel world. The show explores themes of identity, fate and lost love, posing the eternal question, “what if our lives could have been different?”

'Counterpart': TV Review
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/10/starzs-counterpart-is-the-best-new-series-of-2018-so-far
Counterpart Review (Spoiler-Free)

Take the multiverse of Fringe and add the political intrigue of The Americans (with a sprinkle of Charlie Jade for those who know it), and that’ll provide some idea of what Starz’ new sci-fi thriller, Counterpart, is all about. The show pits spy versus spy in a cold war between parallel Earths where everyone has a double in the other world, and the ways in which the differences between existences can be exploited are numerous and underhanded in the extreme. Those with patience for a slow initial pace will eventually be rewarded with a rich conspiracy tale about 3 or 4 episodes in, but those looking for immediate action or spoon-fed exposition should look elsewhere.

I fucking loved Fringe and I fucking love JK Simmons so this sounds fucking AWESOME

spronk

FPS noob
The first episode has been up for Starz viewers for a few weeks ago and also gettable from the usual places, gonna watch it tonight. This looks like the baller seasons of Fringe (3-5?) so I am super excited

Merrith

There was a thread for this, few of us posted in it when the pilot aired last month

spronk

FPS noob
oh well that explains it then i cant spell, delete/whatever this thread at your leisure

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I expected them to kill cool old guy and have wimpy old guy replace him in cool world, glad they didn't.

Lets establish terms???

subtitles maybe give away info, but they call cool old guy "Prime"

so we could say cool old guy is Prime World

Merrith

i can't say it's amazing, but they're setting the tone nicely and will wait for future eps

Yeah hard to give it a hard plus rating after just one episode. I agree there is potential though.

spronk

FPS noob
Just watched episode 1 really enjoyed it. Very, very slow and lots of dialogue scenes but I loved it.

JK Simmons killing it, some fantastic looking guest actors in the rest of the season from the short blurb at the end. Its definitely more of a (slow burn) spy thriller than a sci fi, the world also reminds me a lot of the Archer world in the way there are mobile phones but all the computers are old ass CRTs. Reminded me a lot as well of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy too.

Kinda wish the budget was bigger, you can tell they had to go cheap on the sets so thats too bad but it is very rich and just drips 80s Germany even though I think its supposed to be modern times. Love all the scenes where JK Simmons just talks about life.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database