Counterpart

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, why the secrecy? Other than via the tiny doorway, there's no way to reach this other world -- there's no way to go there by conventional means. So it's not like one side could invade the other and ravage their resources.

Makes me wonder if there isn't some other secret way, or if they're all just worried about factions popping up trying to dominate both worlds. You already have one that has been devastated (seemingly at least) by a pandemic, so trust will be low. One could easily suspect the other of giving false info while trying to reap the benefit of good info they got from the other side before they can check and make sure they're receiving legit information in return.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Makes me wonder if there isn't some other secret way, or if they're all just worried about factions popping up trying to dominate both worlds. You already have one that has been devastated (seemingly at least) by a pandemic, so trust will be low. One could easily suspect the other of giving false info while trying to reap the benefit of good info they got from the other side before they can check and make sure they're receiving legit information in return.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Because, other than just being assholes, I fail to see the point of trying to fuck with the other side.

Merrith

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Because, other than just being assholes, I fail to see the point of trying to fuck with the other side.

Him wanting the US Census data was interesting. I assume they're trying to get data on what % of the overall population was wiped out by the pandemic.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, very cool idea within episode 3 that makes me think each side is fishing for tech/info from the other.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Just think of historically shitty trade deals, like with the native americans. Neither side want to get fucked in a trade so really want to find out what the other guys have got so that they can get favorable terms.

You could easily argue that it doesn't actually matter if they get swindled, and that's probably true, but people just don't work like that.

They are probably significantly uptight about the effectiveness of spies - if you think about it, it's hard to get a worse case scenario for that - they have spies that are not only physically identical to existing people, but also have most of their memories.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The other side is only pretending that they don't have cellphone technology, we're actually the world lagging behind. They have futuristic tech as shown very briefly in the first episode:

cell.png

it's funny how the ambassador keeps up the charade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
for ppl still on the fence, this series is slow as shit... but in a good way.

Like many of us are doing, we're fucking oogling the CRTs for a reason lol, it's a good watch, def not something you can zip through, need to soak it in.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Him wanting the US Census data was interesting. I assume they're trying to get data on what % of the overall population was wiped out by the pandemic.

Yeah, I was trying to figure that out too. One sided wanted 2011 census, the (pandemic) side said the best they could do was 2009 data. Just so WEIRD. I liked also all the convos about just bricking up the hallway so contact is completely severed, just so that obvious route has been thought about a lot.

Also they keep referring to the other side wife as Molly Prime I think, which means the other side is the "real" side?

Goatface

the show creator did some interviews
Prime is other world
Alpha is "our" world

don't think this counts as a spoiler as the creator said they won't point this out in the show
that is the Memorial Arch for the pandemic victims in the back left

he also said, they have have 100 page bible of rules and workings for the 2 worlds

-

from the meeting room scene
".....we have the solution to climate change"
"If we can get anything about how they've increased the corn production in Yunnan, I think that..."
"But we've asked for that before."
"Even just the raw data?"

so Alpha side could have got wrecked by climate change and needs more food

there are numbers floating around about the pandemic, but don't know where they came from
so could be right or wrong
it lasted 4 years and killed 7% of the world's population. which would be around 370 to 390 million, if early 90's

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
might be slow paced, but time flies when watching this one

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's slow but it is definitely one of my favorite shows this season.

• 1Like

Merrith

Folds KJ on a J-7-2 board to a single bet...I get why other Howard detests original Howard. Jfc.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
With the foreshadowing of, "something big going down" I hope our conspiracy reveal is cool. Because right now its essentially a managerial issue like Boss Howard says. One side is trying to get rid of people on the other side that are in the way of the end goal they have in mind.

I can only hope its a good one. Otherwise the payoff of this slow burn is going to be firecracker when it needs to be an explosion.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

don't think going to be huge. like some think it is going start of an attack.
thinking more of cold war type fuckery

Prime side certainly seems to be light years ahead of the other in terms of espionage.

btw, didn't know Stars ordered 2 ten shows seasons

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
don't think going to be huge. like some think it is going start of an attack.
thinking more of cold war type fuckery

Prime side certainly seems to be light years ahead of the other in terms of espionage.

btw, didn't know Stars ordered 2 ten shows seasons

Yeah but that is going to seriously cheapen the show. It needs to hit home.

Caliane

They just keep shitting on "our" Howard so much. I feel like there is some trick going on. Dude is a ruse master, playing the fool.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think there's a third universe infiltrating both the others.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think there's a third universe infiltrating both the others.

Based on? This show is giving me blue balls considering one side just let in some assassins who just said they were plumbers or some shit (lol).

Our Howard's wife being a whore is funny to me. Looks like in any timeline Emily is a cunt.