Country Music Thread

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love me some old school country, Jerry Reed is my guy, but haven’t liked any country since the mid 90’s until I heard Tyler Childers. This guys has put out the best music I’ve heard in 20+ years in any genre. Also best lyricist is heard in awhile. Here’s a few of my favorites.

I have never been a fan of "Country" Music (trucks, dirt roads, beer, meh), however I do enjoy the bluegrass, folk music like Tyler Childers. Reminds me of music like Blind Melon.
Also check out Left Lane Cruiser, Dan Auerbach, Colter Wall, Mitch King.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Sturgill had one great album (Metamodern Sounds in Country Music) and I just have a hard time getting into anything after that.

I can't decide if I like Colter Wall or not. He's got a very unique sound but I wonder if he's faking it. He comes across to me as wanting people to think he's sharing wisdom from a long hard life and his voice sounds like he's been smoking for 40 years but all of that coming from a 25 year old seems kind of phony. I do like a few of his songs though.

Margo Price's first album (Midwest Farmer's Daughter) was really good.

Colter is the son of former Saskatchewan premier Brad Wall. I like his sound, but I'm pretty sure it's all affectation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users