Country Music Thread

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I love me some old school country, Jerry Reed is my guy, but haven’t liked any country since the mid 90’s until I heard Tyler Childers. This guys has put out the best music I’ve heard in 20+ years in any genre. Also best lyricist is heard in awhile. Here’s a few of my favorites.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you like good lyrics you should really check out Jason Isbell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My buddy called Jason Isbell the John Mayer of country music. I cant unhear it now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe, but Isbell would never write "Your Body is a Wonderland".

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I play guitar well enough to know to never look down on John Mayer. One of the best guitar players of our generation, anyone that can passably fill Jerry Garcia’s shoes is A-OK with me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Say what you will but in my mind the king Outlaw is DAC. Nevermind my lifelong hardon for Waylon Jennings.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saw DAC live once. Though live may have been a stretch. He was very out of it stumbling around and such. Blew a speaker about 20 minutes in and he either didn't hear it or didn't care. 90% or more of the people including me just left. Got to the truck and he was still jamming away on a busted speaker. Small venue and you couldn't escape it at all. Basically in a bar. The only upside is a friend and his wife paid for the tickets for my birthday.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Another great band from our friends up in America's hat. This entire concert is incredible. I have listened to it at least a dozen times already.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Youtube dropped this guy on me, and holy chit this guy can play that guitar. Not a bad voice either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users