Cowboy Bebop

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm about 7 episodes in so far. I'm enjoying it, its like a not as charming version of firefly.
more sex appeal in overalls than faye
8c434c989e0fdb6340e5a92789c9f95b.png

pretty sure it's well known firefly is a rip off of bebop, where else do you go around thinking space chinglish is ok?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
more sex appeal in overalls than faye
Dunno about that, the ep where Faye joins the crew (around ep 4 from memory) she spends the whole episode with her tits hanging out of a formal dress, that was pretty good imo.

Fadaar

That guy
Dunno about that, the ep where Faye joins the crew (around ep 4 from memory) she spends the whole episode with her tits hanging out of a formal dress, that was pretty good imo.

you talking about live action or anime? cause if live action... what tits?

also pretty sure youre talking about ep 5 if its the anime, she has her titties bouncing all about while Spike is sieging Vicious and friends

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The biggest mis-cast person noone is talking about is the blonde cowgirl giving out the bounties. They have the right outfit, but there's just nothing there :*( 0/10!!!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched three episodes.

Cho is trying to do Spike but he doesn't have the panache or suave fluid motion he does. Jet Black having this whole daughter sub plot absentee father thing is totally gay. Faye is just awful generally. Viscous pulling the trigger on Julia seems wildly out of character for him. The show took the average episode from 26 minutes to 40 and everything they filled in is generally awful.

They completely missed the tone and message of the show.

That being said there are a couple things I liked. I actually like the shows looks visually.
Ein is adorable at least.

This is a solid review I think.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Post here again after episode ten.

Okay-- mission accomplished.
Picard away...

I have to admit, the show shits the bed after episode 5.
I went into this like a fanboy; I thought that this was a sort of love letter to the anime masterpiece. And the anime IS a masterpiece; defining and refining the genre. So, I enjoyed the first few episodes as they (I thought) were trying to rekindle and, possibly, expand on the characters and world that Wantanabe built.

So it was, for me, like a star wars radio play. Or, like a Star trek comic book or like a Buckaroo banzai fan novel. Sure, those things can never recapture the thing-in-itself, but they keep the world alive (even if the attempts are sometimes sad and pathetic). A better example is what I stated before with "Star Trek Continues...)

But holy shit-- you guys were right. After episode 5 it completely loses any sense of a labor of love and becomes another self-serious, stupid, pretentious, over-budgeted, HOT MESS... And episodes 9 & 10 are fucking PAINFUL.

I should have stopped watching at episode 5 when I still believed it was a labor of love/respect.

Reminded me of how much I loved Netflix's "The Haunting of Hill House" only to have the memory of that completely fucked in the ass by their incomprehensible, slow, tedious and STUPID "Haunting of Bly Manor."

But I can't unwatch it now...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
PS-- the only good thing is that it kept me on the treadmill for quite a few hours to work on my half-marathon time. I bet I could beat my record if I tried to run AWAY from the screen...

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I'm about 7 episodes in so far. I'm enjoying it, its like a not as charming version of firefly. So much so that I thought maybe firefly was directly inspired by the original cowboy bebop. Googled if that was the case, apparently Whedon has never commented on it but there are heaps of mad firefly fans aggressively saying it's not inspired by bebop so that probably means that it was.

Anyway a vaguely comical over the top cowboys in space show is definitely my cup of tea. Jet Black is great, the only straight character in a galaxy of weirdos, he's holding the whole show together.

Have not seen the anime / know almost nothing about it.
Firefly was another MASTERPIECE... inspired is an appropriate word. Plus the cast was gorgeous.

Faye needed to be at least as sexy as Morena Baccarin in her Firefly prime:

1638835089575.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
show cancelled

i'm watching this week, only up to episode 3. vicious and julie are god awful. i actually like spike and jett and faye is ok, doesn't have the look at all but has the attitude.

i watched the anime in the last month, really loved it although its so fucking weird and out there and "singular" in that you can tell it was carefully thought through by one guy who did exactly what he wanted to do. the netflix live lacks that, it feels very generic and straightforward but i didn't really want a 1:1 translation of the anime

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yet I'm not. It's not by any means a pure art or a thing in itself. But it is probably the best live action anime attempt I've ever seen.
I mean, that's like someone who likes scat saying this is the best flavor of poop I've had so far.

I don't think my brain can wrap its mind around this and think of this as a positive endorsement.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Wow. Watch to the end--seriously, watch to the end no matter how much the cringe compels you not to. Fucking amazing.

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 5 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I never saw past episode 5, but that poor Ed actor, has 5 seconds of on screen time, all of it probably some of the hardest to watch cring TV of all time, then poof. No season 2 job for you!

• 1Worf