Crazy Neighbor. Coward Landlord.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There's plenty of places in the U.S. you're allowed to shoot guns on your own property during daylight hours. Don't know about rentals though.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Keep calling the fucking cops. Also, use that money you've saved over the past two months rent and get yourself a shotgun. I mean shit, you're in Texas. Don't get murdered.
He can't get himself a shotgun because then everyone will call him a Fudd, just ask Big Phoenix.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
buy him a pack of ear plugs. You can get like fucking 100 pairs of the things for sub 20 dollars.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've only ever had tow issues in living in MDU's.

In my current condo we have a strict rule about smoking out on baloney's. (Don't fucking do it) and the lady under mine would chain smoke like her life depended on it, she did it to the point where clothes in my closet started smelling like smoke. After complaining about it to our association and not shit being done I dumped a huge bucket of water on her and claimed I was watering my flowers and dropped the watering can. This happened four time because I'm clumsy as fuck.
rolleyes.png
Problem solved and she moved out. (not due to me I'm sure, but it was awesome for the few months she stopped before she moved out)

Another was a crazy woman who would pound on her ceiling/my floor anytime my then 2 year old son would walk across it. No matter the time of day or night. At one point he was injured and couldn't walk for a few weeks and once he was healed she was at it again. She sent her son up and he beat on my door and he made some snide comment about wishing he were still injured. I cloths-lined him down the stairwell and both my wife and I claimed he tried to force enter into our home. That bitch eventually moved out as well.

Other then that, years of no issues. Like Tuco said there's awesome advantages to living in apartments. I'll eventually go the house route though, I want a dog and a garden to badly to not go that route.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Has he been normal in the past and/or during random days?

He might be off his medication. That would explain if he's seemed normal off and on. Does he knock some nights and not others? He may not be taking his medication regularly.

It sounds like he may have schizophrenia, possibly a subclinical level if he's not on meds (it sounds mild unless that mildness is due to medication). Auditory hallucinations are the most common hallucinations by a huge margin. Delusions of persecution or that others are plotting against them are very common.

One clarification: the image of people with mental illness being dangerous is one played up by the media tons recently. The vast majority, even yes people with schizophrenia, are not violent. Its understandable to be a little nervous that someone with a tenuous grasp of reality is mad at you and has a gun, but don't let recent media stories color perception of everyone.

iannis

Musty Nester
But be fair about it. The mentally ill can be dangerous in short bursts. The illness itself usually limits them from being truly dangerous.

That doesn't mean that some dude experiencing a psychotic break is unlikely to shoot you. It just means he's equally likely to get distracted from the task of killing you.

If you get bit, you don't blame the crazy fuck that bit you. He's the insane one, you're supposed to be the smart one.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

In my current condo we have a strict rule about smoking out on baloney's. (Don't fucking do it) and the lady under mine would chain smoke like her life depended on it, she did it to the point where clothes in my closet started smelling like smoke. After complaining about it to our association and not shit being done I dumped a huge bucket of water on her and claimed I was watering my flowers and dropped the watering can. This happened four time because I'm clumsy as fuck.
rolleyes.png
Problem solved and she moved out. (not due to me I'm sure, but it was awesome for the few months she stopped before she moved out)

Another was a crazy woman who would pound on her ceiling/my floor anytime my then 2 year old son would walk across it. No matter the time of day or night. At one point he was injured and couldn't walk for a few weeks and once he was healed she was at it again. She sent her son up and he beat on my door and he made some snide comment about wishing he were still injured. I cloths-lined him down the stairwell and both my wife and I claimed he tried to force enter into our home. That bitch eventually moved out as well.

Other then that, years of no issues. Like Tuco said there's awesome advantages to living in apartments. I'll eventually go the house route though, I want a dog and a garden to badly to not go that route.
I call shenanigans on all counts for both of these stories!!!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can get away with living like this a few more years ;p
Get your shit together and get your own place. Living in a shitty situation because the rent is cheap is a loser mentality.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

rolleyes.png

I would think you were cool if you had actually done either of those things.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Those are things Tarrantwisheshe did in the situation but what he actually did was bitch out and wait for them to move.

That said I live in duplexes that are only connected by the garage walls. WIN! Also, since it's Arizona, almost all of my neighbors are 70 years old and white. Not many problems here.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The last time I lived in an apartment was in a huge, 30 story or so building. The building "handyman" was always drunk, and he broke a copper pipe under my neighbour's sink. He couldn't remember how to turn the water off to that apartment, to that floor, or to the building. Consequently, water was running wide open for about 15 minutes. All of the apartments in my side of the building were flooded on my floor, and the four floors below had their ceiling drywall all fall in, and eventually flood, too.
When I got home, as I said, about 15 minutes into this, I got drunk guy's keys, went to the utility closet, and turned off the water. Then I proceeded to repair the broken copper pipe, sweat new bits in, fix the original problem, and turned the water back on. Apartment took 4 days to dry out, and I couldn't live there for those days. I divided my rent by the days in a month, subtracted that total from my rent, charged them three hours labour plus parts for the plumbing, subtracted it from my rent, and charged them with damage to my property (couch and bookshelves were water stained around the bottom, that's it). Then I had a lawyer friend of mine create a document that cited the right laws and such saying if they caused damage as a landlord, they have to pay them, and if they made the apartment unlivable, it is illegal to charge rent for that time. I then distributed that letter to everyone whose apartment was damaged. They lost a lot of rent.

I got home the next day, there was an eviction notice on my door. I didn't go in, didn't touch the note, but went to my lawyer friend's office. He called the property manager and had a conversation. When I went back to my apartment, eviction notice was magically gone.

Last time I live in a building where someone else is responsible for maintenance.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
But be fair about it. The mentally ill can be dangerous in short bursts. The illness itself usually limits them from being truly dangerous.

That doesn't mean that some dude experiencing a psychotic break is unlikely to shoot you. It just means he's equally likely to get distracted from the task of killing you.

If you get bit, you don't blame the crazy fuck that bit you. He's the insane one, you're supposed to be the smart one.
It pretty much is like getting killed by a shark or struck by lightning: It may not happen very often in real life as opposed to in media but when it does, it isn't a one-in-a-million odds. Its 1-in-1 and that is the only life you have.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man Tarrant clothes-lined some dude down a flight of stairs.. what the fuck dude I'm surprised he wasn't dead. Or was he?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord

That doesn't mean that some dudeexperiencing a psychotic breakis unlikely to shoot you. It just means he'sequally likely to get distracted from the task of killing you.

you have zero understanding of mental illness

Also the phrase "the mentally ill" is just as meaningless as "the physically ill."

iannis

Musty Nester
Dabamf... you honestly strike me as someone who has studied the subject academically (and to your credit may be a proper and accomplished scholar) but has had no interaction with it beyond textbooks.

You need to be attentive to the crazies. They can go from docile to belligerent very quickly... and it may be an interesting subject of study as to what the trigger is, but the main thing is 1) to administer them and 2) not get bit.

You just diagnosed some random guy from Texas with schitzophrenia over the internet. So yeah, if you could not give me shit for continuing what I was hoping was a metaphor on your part but it now seems was quite earnest -- that would be great.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would think you were cool if you had actually done either of those things.
Yeah, I want to know what kind of jamook gets clotheslined down a fucking stairwell, without having Tarrant locked up for felony assault.