Crazy Neighbors Thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Your average person doesn't think, realize, or know that they are an asshole. And, all the while you are thinking that they are doing all this shit on purpose to make your life hell, they are oblivious. Also, in their mind, you are already probably an asshole for something you don't even realize that you did.

So, confronting them on their asshole'ness only confirms to them that you are an asshole and gives them the license to key your car and rip up your mail.

Give people a reason to try and accommodate you. Don't give them a reason to smear shit on your car. Approach them with some kindness, humility, and patience. Calmly explain the situation and what you hope could change. Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Yes, you have to decide to be the bigger person in these situations and that isn't fun, but in the end your life will be better.
The time for that was before they smeared shit on his car.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Your average person doesn't think, realize, or know that they are an asshole. And, all the while you are thinking that they are doing all this shit on purpose to make your life hell, they are oblivious. Also, in their mind, you are already probably an asshole for something you don't even realize that you did.

So, confronting them on their asshole'ness only confirms to them that you are an asshole and gives them the license to key your car and rip up your mail.

Give people a reason to try and accommodate you. Don't give them a reason to smear shit on your car. Approach them with some kindness, humility, and patience. Calmly explain the situation and what you hope could change. Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Yes, you have to decide to be the bigger person in these situations and that isn't fun, but in the end your life will be better.
This guy gets it.

Bottling up your anger for 6 months until you run up and pound on their door and destroy their fancy wreath is not your best move in this situation.

If that does not work, jump straight to fish fertilizer around their door and balcony. Nothing says Fuck you, like the sweet smell of fish fertilizer.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The time for that was before they smeared shit on his car.
Yep.

rrr_img_130219.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I agree, but I explained to them kindly the first time and she was a cunt about it. Normally I would apologize and eat crow but not this time.

Hekotat

This guy gets it.

Bottling up your anger for 6 months until you run up and pound on their door and destroy their fancy wreath is not your best move in this situation.

If that does not work, jump straight to fish fertilizer around their door and balcony. Nothing says Fuck you, like the sweet smell of fish fertilizer.
I didn't unleash the fury until she was a cunt after I kindly explained to her what I had been going through and she said "Maybe you shouldn't live in an apartment" and slammed the door in my face. Fuck her. I destroyed her wreath and regret that but nothing more. I will never apologize for it after all the shit that has happened since then.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I actually need some legal advice on what to do next.

Long story short, on 2 the back and right side of my yard is block wall, to the left is an older wooden fence. It is decrepit and the neighbors dogs have continuously broken through. They have gone through 2 great danes and a terrier, all 3 have broken random fence panels, torn them off or dug underneath to enter our yard. Our dog has never been in there yard, we keep a close watch on him.

I have spoken with the neighbors twice and it turns out they are renting lease-free under some foreign guy who owns an LLC. I cannot find any current contact information for the LLC, the only one I can find is the original lawyer who put it together over 8 years ago. The neighbors refuse to give me the landlord's contact info.

The fence needs to be replaced, they have told me they had 'lots of problems' with it in the past. However, two factors here - one the fence needs to be replaced by myself and the neighboring property owner (I don't have a problem with this part) but two the only problem with the fence is the renters. They are both breaking the law (at the very least, they are avoiding rental taxes - no idea on other laws).

I have a word doc with all the events, I have video and pictures of many (about half) of the dog incursions. I even have poop from today I could put in a container for proof.

What should I do at this point? The neighbors have no real interest in fixing it and I'm not sure what liability other than the stuff their dog has done. They basically told me "I should just take care of it" and put a concrete footer in to prevent THEIR dog from getting into my yard so he can't dig in. This won't even fix the problem as he's dislodged several boards on the fence to hop in as well. The property owner has no listed current address or phone number (I've seen a dozen and they are all random rental properties and the AZ SoS has a 2008 address for him which is no longer listed under his name as the property owner).

Basically, my other issue is they treat this dog like trash. He is outside almost all the time and the neighbors lie about that, yet I can easily record hours of his barking outside during the day or night.

So I guess I have several options - first I will mail a certified letter to the LLC address of record with the SoS that owns the property and then I can:

1) contact the police and SoS and inform them about the issue (if necessary the tax evasion) and my inability to contact the property owner in an attempt to get some sort of current info
2) simply sue the property owner in small claims for his half the dilapidated fence and likely obtain a default judgement (I can probably have someone collect on it for dirt cheap for me, at least this option gives me vicarious access through GLBA to CRB/nat public records/DL/DoR info/bank acct info/etc. to track the guy down)
3) call animal control and have them seize the dog and cite the neighbors
4) lose another 3" of property to install a block wall entirely on my side of the fence
5) contact a lawyer for some other random resolution here

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
2 and 5. Sue the property owner and your neighbors jointly in small claims court. Their animals are the ones destroying property. They get to pay for it. If they refuse to give you the contact info after that point they can pay it all.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
2 and 5. Sue the property owner and your neighbors jointly in small claims court. Their animals are the ones destroying property. They get to pay for it. If they refuse to give you the contact info after that point they can pay it all.
My only problem with this is that the time table is going to hurt. If I just put in a block fence, the "injury" is gone, so the case will be moot right? On top of that, only their side of the fence has boards and theoretically could they claim me not installing boards on my side is some sort of omission on my part?

Also, that means I'd have to wait months to maybe (likely) win, after which point I would have to collect the money and then get the fence replaced. I'm thinking closer to six months or a year for that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
And people wonder why I live where I have no neighbors, or at least no neighbors I can't see.

The only odd neighbor I had was when I was a little kid. We had a neighbor who raised show dogs and she would walk around the yard wiping the ass of her dogs after they took a shit.

Hekotat

start calling animal control, they should start taking their dogs to the pound which will eventually get pricey for your neighbors. Other than that do as they said with the legal action mentioned above. At least you can make the neighbors second guess not giving you the LLC's number.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most towns have actual bylaws in place that state a fence must be in good standing position (mine does) or they have to repair it. I had to look up some stuff when a tree fell in our yard (from our neighbor's yard) and busted his fence. He had an obligation to repair it in a timely manner or else face some fines. He did fix it, and it wasn't even an issue, but I wanted to make sure we were covered if he didn't (3 sides of the backyard are our fence, 1 side is his).

I would start by looking up fence bylaws in your town and go from there. If you find the above to be the case I would start that process. I would also call animal control if they're in your backyard. You don't want your dog killed or someone on your property to get bit by someone else's dog. In the least, you can show the animal control guy the fence when he comes by and ask if he knows what you can do.

Third, get a paintball gun.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shoot their dog next time it's in your yard?
My parents lived on an old dead end dirt road that only had a few houses on it. They had a neighbor whose dog would come up and shit on any of the tires that my parents dog had pissed on. My dad went down a few times with pictures to ask the guy to keep his dog off his property. After a few months of this he had finally had enough went down and told the gentlemen that the next time it happened that he would in fact shoot his dog. A few days later we look outside and there is the dog shitting on my moms car tires, that was the last shit that dog ever took.

It caused some tension for awhile and they moved off the road. I am a dog lover and wouldn't advocate killing but at some point its a enough. I even had to clean shit off my tires once when I was out visiting. This also happened in Southern Ohio (Kentucky Light) so you know..