Critical Roll Animated Special

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
24 Day to go and they sit at 7.9 million...don't know shit about kickstarter but I have heard there is usually a big rush at the end of the drive. Do you think this could hit 10mil?

It all depends on if it has extra stuff near the end you can throw money at really. Huge kickstarters like that with lots of passionate fans often get caught up in the hype and excitement and FOMO and start throwing their money at anything the creators start putting out towards the end just so they can be a part of breaking records, excitement, etc. Like the final day if they released “Hey we will sell autographed exclusive prints at $100 each!” You’ll see a massive spike in funding just due to how many people are involved, don’t want to miss an exclusive, or want to resell them on eBay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Love this
Also as of the posting of this they have passed the 8 million mark

• 1Weird Boner

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They hit 8.9 mil and the last goal with 2 weeks to spare. Wouldn’t be surprised if this tops out over 10 mil

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have mixed feels about this. I appreciate the references for a one-shot but I couldn't stand a product that's actually like this

Pretty sure it's just an April Fool's joke. Assuming it's not, I feel the same way.

I am really hoping the series isn't too campy or tries too hard to be funny too often. Nearly every D&D movie, show, and series in the past has suffered from terrible production quality in addition to just not taking itself seriously enough.

The LoTR trilogy gave everyone else the blueprints for success in the fantasy genre, but we still haven't seen that market seized with a great follow-up product.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the post that had that video on it had a very tongue-in-cheek message about how much emotion that video had. it was pretty obvious that it was a joke

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I have mixed feels about this. I appreciate the references for a one-shot but I couldn't stand a product that's actually like this
This video was an April fools joke, that is NOT what the show is going to be like lol

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Pretty sure it's just an April Fool's joke. Assuming it's not, I feel the same way.

I am really hoping the series isn't too campy or tries too hard to be funny too often. Nearly every D&D movie, show, and series in the past has suffered from terrible production quality in addition to just not taking itself seriously enough.

The LoTR trilogy gave everyone else the blueprints for success in the fantasy genre, but we still haven't seen that market seized with a great follow-up product.
Game of Thrones?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
the post that had that video on it had a very tongue-in-cheek message about how much emotion that video had. it was pretty obvious that it was a joke
Obvious that it's comedy, but it's a different medium from what they've done and enough other people have misjudged to prove they can too.
But April Fool's sounds right

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game of Thrones?

That's a really good point, but GoT is far too low-magic to qualify in my opinion.

It seems as if every time magic is injected into a drama, it gets turned in to some over-the-top whimsical, everyone-is-a-fucking-faggot-fairy with terrible jokes, story.

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
That's a really good point, but GoT is far too low-magic to qualify in my opinion.

It seems as if every time magic is injected into a drama, it gets turned in to some over-the-top whimsical, everyone-is-a-fucking-faggot-fairy with terrible jokes, story.
I couldnt agree more, I am so sick of any High fantasy show has to be about some idiot kid who is destine to be the one to topple the evil king, but he can only do it with the help of his sexy love interest badass rogue who has an attitude about everything, and the powerful but cowardly magic user who must over come his ineptitude to discover his true power. Dear god give me a High Fantasy GoT!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Sam Riegel announced today that as a secret stretch goal
Just+imagine+travis+from+critical+role+cosplaying+that+guy+_a7da9a1a009460f134f8b6158ea1a8ce.jpg
(it wont be put up on the website, its just for fun) if the KS hits 10mil Travis Willingham (the big burly jock who is a big coward with spooky things) will let them film him at a haunted house come October.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Some people dont like "too much" comedy in their D&D?

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Some people dont like "too much" comedy in their D&D?
Thats a bit unfair...That movie was shit regardless of the comedy. I mean if you watch any Crit Role Sam is quite a bit of comedy relief...but he also has some of the most emotional and dramatic stories in the show

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sam purposely PLAYS like an idiot so that when he does something heartfelt it's even more of a gutpunch.

Spoilers for campaign 2, but he created nott as a goofy goblin with a silly voice WITH THE INTENTION of revealing this tragic story. He knew the others would find him rediculous and that they would just expect comic relief, but Nott ISN'T comic relief. Sam is hilarious, sure, but nott isnt.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users