crossfit?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
His point is that all these CrossFit athletes who compete at a high level don't get to that level by doing CrossFit, which is ironic and kind of silly when you think about it.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It takes your average couch potato and gets them into an incredibly mediocre shape in a short time, where you plateau, and they keep pushing the pace until you pick up an injury. Meanwhile, the elite athletes that they advertise don't even do CrossFit. Great system, imho!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
thanks for the reviews, *note don't do crossfit.

i'm moving to a new area and checking out gyms, and every gym is trying to get me to join their crossfit monthly programs, this thread helped me say no, fuck i might just do p90x again instead.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
A local crossfit gym(box, I guess) opened up earlier this year near me. I check their pictures every so often and literally 0 people that have been working out there from the beginning have shown any sort of progress. The people that started it in shape are still exactly the same. They probably have more endurance but that's about it.

The only people that make noticeable differences are the ones that come in extremely overweight. There isn't much surprise here, since doing anything would cause them to lose weight. So I'm glad it's at least getting people afraid of normal weightlifting to exercise.

The best part is reading their broscience miracles that they attribute to doing the crossfit workout. For instance, one lady claimed she stopped having migraines so the people that run the place used it as an advertisement that crossfit just works. Or maybe just actually having a pulse just works.

TLDR Crossfit is a waste unless you're doing absolutely nothing in the first place.

kudos

<Banned>
zfc6SjD.gif

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'm disappointed that I can't find the old crossfit video where they had young girls trying to do continental cleans. Needless to say it was cringe worthy. It doesn't help that the continental clean is possibly the dumbest lift there is.