Crowfall

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This place is far from EQ neckbeard central. The only neckbeards are the people who post only in the Eq or pantheon threads.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
They weren't neckbeards. Just playing Eq doesn't make you a neckbeard.
I would hardly classify what they did in EQ as "just playing." Hell, the neckbeards on this forum are practically their disciples.
smile.png

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is giving me flashbacks to when McQuaid would talk about things like regional markets and meaningful travel. It's all great to talk about but, based on history, difficult to get to work in a game. Show me a working "proof of concept" of the actual mechanics and what makes it fun, then I'll get excited.

There's a few glimmers of competence though, which is a start in the right direction.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That was just Leadaas flexing his superior humor skills. Pantheon has a fun history here in the "it's so bad it's good" kind of way.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I would hardly classify what they did in EQ as "just playing." Hell, the neckbeards on this forum are practically their disciples.
smile.png
Essentially it comes down to this: if you think Eq was the pinnacle of online gaming and nothing can really be improved you are a neckbeard.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well blair and I are the only one with fond memories.. and I am more of an eve player than anything else.. so don't worry about that.. since we are making something not even close to that.
Sounds good to me. I hope your design decisions are solid and you try not to listen to much to your fan boys.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's weird that you're driving at a topic that nobody here is really discussing. Specifically with this game where there don't appear to be many parallels with EQ.

The pinnacle of online gaming won't exist until companies can launch their games without being broke as fuck for weeks.

Edit: Correction, the pinnacle of online gaming was Myth 2.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's weird that you're driving at a topic that nobody here is really discussing. Specifically with this game where there don't appear to be many parallels with EQ.

The pinnacle of online gaming won't exist until companies can launch their games without being broke as fuck for weeks.

Edit: Correction, the pinnacle of online gaming was Myth 2.
Im not driving anything you keep responding to me.